Can Small Be Too Small?

All my bottles are getting to the stage where they need replacing so ordered some new of my staple 30ml bottles. In the past i have also used 10ml bottles for single flavour tests and new recipe testing but that can be quite time consuming getting through all that e-liquid especially if its quite a few flavours and/or it takes quite a few alterations!

When looking at new replacement bottles for testing i have found 3ml, 5ml, 10ml and especially as i test flavours with either MTL RTA’s, single coil RDA’s or an ESS Driver device like the SX Auto my way of thinking is 3ml is ideal!

The question really is have i missed out anything in my thought process which might mean 3ml is just too small! All input appreciated!

6 Likes

My only concern would be precision in adding flavours with that size. If you were to add 10%, that would be reasonably achievable, but 2% may be more difficult…

5 Likes

Cheers mate, that’s why in the past i stuck to 10ml but now i mix by weight with digital scales!

3 Likes

I am not saying you are wrong because i don’t know if it will be an issue but i can be much more precise since switching to measuring by weight!

3 Likes

Any other input! @ianc13 might be correct or he might mix in mls and that’s the reason for his assessment, maybe 3ml is just too small?

3 Likes

I mix with scales as well @Timwis but still have the issue that one drop should be “X” weight but that is dependant on the bottle it is coming from, how hard you squeeze or don’t squeeze… a variety of different reasons that the one drop isn’t an exact weight. Make sense?

3 Likes

Would 5ml bottles be a go?

4 Likes

Better…

4 Likes

@Timwis Been there, Done that. I tried using the mini bottles, but they were too small, and ended up cracking due to constantly squeezing them. I may mix at 5ml for some tests, but still use the 10ml bottles.

4 Likes

Would single flavour tests be possible with 3ml? And recipe tests with 5ml?

4 Likes

The smallest amount I mix is 10 and use 15ml at the smallest, leaves room for a good shake. These are the ones I have been using lately just for SFT and test recipes;

6 Likes

Here’s my experience. 10ml bottles allow you to squeeze right in the mid-section of the bottle. 5m’s (unless you have small child fingers) will cause you to squeeze the mid-section, BUT also squeeze some of the top shoulder, and bottom which causes pre-mature wear IMO. I stuck with 10mls just for that reason.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t, I use 15 ml bottles for SFT and 30 for recipes… I tend to take a while on testing though.

5 Likes

My 30ml are ordered, this is where i am looking to order my testers from!

https://www.ibottles.co.uk/products/special-offer-containers.html

5 Likes

Yeah with writing reviews i find even 10ml slow going, if i just mixed it wouldn’t be such an issue!

4 Likes

I’d stick with the 10ml’s @Timwis. I churn through a LOT of tester bottles, and despite the fact that the 5ml’s SEEMED like they would work better, at the rate I test, having to smash the entire bottle, became and issue. 10ml’s allow you to fill whatever ml you want, and cleanly squeeze the center portion of the bottle.

5 Likes

Could mixing at 5ml but in a 10ml bottle be the answer?

I am not using a different site because i don’t appreciate the links but i am in the UK so makes no sense ordering from the US!

5 Likes

I take it from what you put you also had the same thought process about it has me but found iout the hard way which i can now avoid doing which makes your experience worth while for me anyway lol!

5 Likes

Hehe, well thank you @Timwis. I can’t tell you what’s right for you, but I can tell you what I went through. Knowledge is power.

5 Likes

Absolutely Tim …

5 Likes