Can anyone ID this wire?

So my order from last week arrived and instead of sending me a 10 pack of KA1 Super Juggernaut pre-made coils, they have sent me this spool of wire that has no label on it or anything at all to identify it. I don’t suppose the material can be ID’d through a pic but does anyone know what kind of wire it is? Never having had juggernaut wire before I don’t know if it’s that or not. Thanks.

5 Likes

It looks to be Juggernaut and it is probably ka1 - the resistance may give you a hint also look for colour changes when you are pulsing your coils ( ss, ni80, ni90, nickel and titanium will change colour some less than others)

5 Likes

Cool, thanks a lot Simon. :+1:

3 Likes

Looked on their site for KA1 super juggernaut and the only result does indeed look like the spool I have, minus the label. Not bad for £1.05. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s electric fence wire. You can keep your cows home.

7 Likes

Nice! I’m tired of those fat cows escaping!

4 Likes

Looks like some kinda twisted series

4 Likes

Ohhhhhh
Moo Moo baby
You’re the one
Now we’re havin so much fun
Moo Moo baby won’t you jump up on my grill
Poop Poop Edd Doope

4 Likes

Yep, deffo Juggernaut!

You will get pockets of trapped liquid so will spit until the build settles but well worth the war wounds!

5 Likes

Good to hear, thanks Tim!

3 Likes

My way of testing for KA1 is to see if it attaches to a magnet.

3 Likes

Is kanthal not magnetic?

2 Likes

It is most definitely magnetic.

2 Likes

Kanthal and SS are both magnetic so how do you tell the difference between those 2 with a magnet?

2 Likes

SS is not magnetic, but Kanthal is, hence the magnet test.

3 Likes

I get the appeal of fancy wire like that, however I don’t think you’d really notice much difference than fused claptons. personally… When I see coils like that I think, “Well that’s going to be a bitch to brush”

4 Likes

You sure? I just stuck a magnet to a SS knife.

2 Likes

It’s not stainless, 316 if isn’t magnetic

3 Likes

Yes I’m sure, your knife must have a high steel content.

3 Likes

Aah, ok. Cheers guys. There’s me schooled for the day :smiley:

4 Likes