Can anyone ID this wire?

wait, I’m confusing myself here, which is embarrassing because I used to purchase millions hundreds of thousands of dollars of it at a time.

3 Likes

You are both correct about 316. :smiley:
Obviously kitchen knives aren’t made from 316.

Which Types of Stainless Steel Are Magnetic?

Magnetic and non-magnetic stainless steels can typically be grouped together based on the type of stainless steel. The following types of stainless steel are typically magnetic:

1. Ferritic Stainless Steels such as grades 409, 430 and 439
  2. Martensitic Stainless Steel such as grades 410, 420, 440
  3. Duplex Stainless Steel such as grade 2205
4 Likes

You really need to let us know when you fire a coil made with this stuff. I’m guessing because of the mass involved it’s going to take a sit load of power to get going and be an unruly SOB. I could see it in a two battery series mech mod at a competition. Having said that, just looking at a picture is a poor way to judge.

4 Likes

Will do of course. Just about make some monster coils for my titan with Ni80 though, so depending how well that performs, it could be a while before I use this kanthal wire :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Side by side comparison for science…or something. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Quick question: The wotofo wire in the pic or Staple wire?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a Jugger @Illogik

3 Likes

Shame it’s Kanthal. Probably take 5mins to ramp up enough for a hit :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I never worry about ramp times, or even ohms for that matter, it’s ALL about the TASTE !!!

If it tastes great, everything is secondary.

5 Likes