Bug Reports / Feedback

im trying to import a recipe of mine callled Cannoli Wanna Be With You from ATF it says that the recipe already exists yet cant find it. I thought I would reload my json file from ATF but it still says recipe exists yet I cant find it in my recipes or in VC recipes.image

I can always retype it out, there are a few others too.

Thanks

3 Likes

The way it checks for a duplicate should be completely unique, have you renamed that particular recipe recently?

2 Likes

no

2 Likes

Not a bug or feedback, but a question. Had anyone looked into IPB as a platform here before, is this one better? Iā€™m finding it a bit hard to navigate threaded replies without page numbers. Maybe it just takes some getting used to.

PS Iā€™m not moaning.

3 Likes

Discourse is by far the better option imo.

Topics use infinite scroll, simply scroll down to see new replyā€™s.

2 Likes

I just made a private recipe public and it gave it 75 views? Is that a bug?

3 Likes

Not a bug, all recipes public or private have views atm, working on the DB it will be fixed soon

3 Likes

I just noticed this on a ā€œtrialā€ recipe I put in to see how the calculator and recipe save works. I saw to my horror that although itā€™s private, it had 85 viewsā€¦

So does that mean that these are just phantom numbers and not actual views?

2 Likes

When you created a recipe it had views? That shouldnā€™t be the case at all

1 Like

I created it on the 16th, but never made it public as I was just using it to learn how to create and save.

Theoretically it has had time to have views though, I just hope it hasnā€™t :grimacing:

3 Likes

It hasnā€™t

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a relief! Thanks for clarifying

3 Likes

Yes mine got 75 views in 1 minute that canā€™t be right.

3 Likes

It only has 12 views

2 Likes

It was showing 73 and 75 before. It does show 12 now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reports all :beers:

4 Likes

Well I probably drive @Grubby mad with all of my comments, critiques PMā€™s and posts, but I do it FOR, the greater good. If I see something, I say something. I figure if I eye-spy it early enough, and I can PM him, maybe he can either discount, or fix it before the floodgates open. At least thatā€™s the PLAN anyway, hehe.

We had been having a conversation about the VCC, and heā€™s got a huge list of ā€œWant To Doā€™sā€ on it, and I felt like a troll dropping this on him, but Iā€™m a TWEAKER. Recipes, posts, formatting, layouts, pics. You name it, I tweak it. I routinely play around with the Tiny MCE editor on the VCC trying to figure out new ways to improve the layout, alignments, formatting, text readability, etc., so itā€™s not uncommon to see one of my recipes with 20-30 edits, LOL.

I told Grubby about this, and he said heā€™d look into a ā€œpreviewā€ option, which would help cut down on the mega edit counts, and today, while posting my last Flavor Express review, I eye-spied a new icon in the editor.

Well, well, well, Mr. Grubby, looks like SOMEONEā€™S been busy this Holiday.

Either I missed it before, or you just SNUCK that one in. Either way, huge thanks.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is the right placeā€¦ But is there a way to print out my shopping list?
Thanx

3 Likes

@FlavorChaser in lieu of a dedicated ā€œprintā€ button on the shopping list page, I used the ā€œprint pageā€ option in FireFox, and it looks pretty spiffy !!!

3 Likes

Now what ya gotta do is go and actually print that, on a black and white printer, and let us know how it looks. :+1:

3 Likes