Boro Beware! (Rabbit Hole)

Although at long last Boro devices, bridges and all in one Boro Tanks have hit the mainstream and become very affordable caution is the word!

Once vapers add the Boro to their vaping arsenal there is a tendency to be interested in every bridge and Boro Tank release creating a whole new “RABBIT HOLE”!

7 Likes

No danger of that here. I really don’t see the appeal tbh.

7 Likes

…”Life Changingly good”….

7 Likes

@Timwis Can you explain what a boro is please

7 Likes

and what the appeal of them is over a regular build.

6 Likes

DUDE, it’s OVAL !!!

It takes the best parts of SQUARE, and ROUND, and smashes them together !!!

I honestly have no clue, … YET …

5 Likes

The Rev4B introduced a new tank that fits inside the AIO. It featured a 'boro’scillate glass that you could just slide down (while in the BB) to refill. IIRC somewhere ~5ml depending on the bridge. It has 2 holes centered on the top and bottom

A Bridge initally had 2 thin sleeves of metal the would match up and fit with Aspire BVC or Kanger coils that would then fit the holes on the boro.

Now there are bridges for many different stock coils, or RBAs. That way you can go from tight MTL to RDL, to the latest Voltrove RBA which has its own housing

7 Likes

The rev 3 IIRC had a funky offset tank, with a plastic/delrin cover. Dual small like 18350 batteries and a pot.

The 4B (current one) has a DNA60, and an 18650 battery. No USB. The current SXK copy/clone has a USB port for charging/firmware. SXK also has a cheaper 70 watt version with a SEVO chip.

4 Likes

@Wayneo has covered it!

So with an empty Boro Tank you can get bridges that allow for the most common stock coils such as Nautilus, EUC etc and now bridges for the latest coils such as the Voopoo PnP coils, you also get a ton of RBA bridges both high end and cloned.

The all in one Boro tanks have an RBA built in and many are a version of a popular RTA like the ether and can be both high end like Atmizoo did a version of the Vapeshell called the Vapesnail or can be more mainstream so BP Mods are releasing a Pioneer which is a Bridge version of their popular RTA.

You can also as well as BB or BB style devices get spin off devices and tanks such as the Supbox which allows a Boro to be used on a device with a more traditional looking form factor which can also use standard atomisers:

Then there is the Abyss which has a more traditional cylindrical tank that allows BB bridges to be used:

Finally there is a cylindrical tank with a standard 510 so can fit on any standard device but allows the accommodation of a bridge called the tell which has also been cloned!

6 Likes

SXK also did a 1:1 clone with DNA chipset!

6 Likes

It’s down to the individual if it appeals to them, but essentially it’s one small device that can then accommodate bridges and boro tanks to cover most of the popular stock coil tanks and RTA type decks! A lot of vapers love them with some always wanting one but put off by the price as the original BB which is silly money but then to others they won’t appeal!

7 Likes

I really wanted the Kerch, Sold Out

These one-of-a-kind works of art allow you to run larger than normal builds and dual builds with your bridge devices .

6 Likes

Do they still make them as can you go on a waiting list or is it a case of if you can’t find one somewhere already in the marketplace it’s tough?

6 Likes

I have the Grizzly which is a bridge for mesh wicking, believe only the Grizzly allows for this!

6 Likes

I would have to say no as it was a Limited Edition.
Susco also did a collab with Cherry Pine, Sequoia x SUSCO Kerch 1.5
Vaporony in UK is still showing the Kerch x Coil Clout bridge in stock !

6 Likes

Well it ain’t pretty but I got a 3.5mm full fork in the Voltrove, ohms out at 0.20, no shorts with the chimney in place…

8 Likes

That’s a sexy coil, where is it from?

4 Likes

That’s a coil from @Daveflowers9, haven’t seen Dave around in awhile hope all’s ok with him…
It ohm’d out at 0.15 in the VV Pulse

Rocking some “Southern Milk and Honey Cornbread” ,
had to drop the watts down to 65watt, this thing is HOT and the Real Deal… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

7 Likes

I’m impressed you managed to fit that coil in that tiny little thing tbh.

4 Likes