BLACKBERRY, What’s your favorite and why?

I’m trying to remember what it was about CAP Blackberry that turned me off. Tested at 5% only, and maybe that was too high,but,thinking it was bitter,to me.

4 Likes

BlackBerry SC seems to be promising , I really need to mix with it more and am hoping that the SC and VSO will combine to make a comolete BB

4 Likes

A different pairing with that blackberry, I was very surprised about was coffee.
I’ve seen a few of your cracking coffee mixes, just always been missing one flavour.

5 Likes

Marked Private, but you got me curious

4 Likes

Just changed it :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Hmm, interesting indeed. I do have the Toffee IC, don’t think I’ve used it yet (or might be steeping)
I think VT has a blackberry, any good ?
I did order the VSO BB and a whole bunch of other flavors but not the Espresso.
I also ordered Strawberry Jam VT from BCF, what’s your thoughts on that flavor ?

4 Likes

I haven’t tried the VT one’s you’ve mentioned. But I wasn’t a fan of VT Raspberry Jam although I’ve heard positive stuff elsewhere.

4 Likes

Ok folks, not including the Blackberry (TFA) flavor that I already have, these are the Blackberries that I have picked up and my planned sft amounts;

Blackberry (VSO) 3.5%
Blackberry (SC) 2.5%
Blackberry (CAP) 4.5%

(I also picked up Huckleberry VSO and Razzleberry FW)

5 Likes

Next time… snag the blackberry blossom! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s a great flavor

6 Likes

What’s is taste like @FlavorChaser ??

4 Likes

My Notes
Razzleberry - Flavor West. 3-5% in a mix
Raspberry and blackberry candy could turn it to a pie filling with the addition of some liquid amber but straight out of the bottle it is most definitely a candy. This is a really good flavour it just needs a little more than normal to shine (add to a natural rasp to boost it some if you want the rasp more forward.

5 Likes

I don’t have one but if I were to get a Blackberry it would probably be this?

I know like 10 years ago Blackberries were the shiznit, also shiznit was the shiznit 10 years ago :thinking:

7 Likes

I have and have used the VT Blackberry it is good haven’t tried others to compare with. The VT blackberry is good and sweet after a few days steep it becomes a blackberry juice. It’s a great blender works great for lemonades and milkshakes.

5 Likes

And sold at Flavor Jungle as Flavors Express (FE)

4 Likes

Oh that’s one that slipped my radar, there’s also quite a few other VT flavors on my shopping list :ok_hand:

Great info there @ShiftyMcVain, thanks for posting that up :+1:

3 Likes

I used the FW Blackberry (natural) with some Juicy Peach. Delicious combination but the BB from them is quite weak, so I had to push it to 6%.

I have the LA Blackberry at the moment with my FLV Persimmon, the LA is much stronger and a tick more harsh.

I am interested to hear how your testing turns out.

4 Likes

I forgot the why part. I like blackberries as they are my grandfather’s fruit. He went “into” the wild blackberries every autumn. And it was his favorite which he shared with us. My wife made tons of diabetic jam for him, to enjoy it all year round. He did that harvesting all the years until his mid 90s.
I think the FW blackberry has a lot in common with the blackberries I recall. But I like the LA better, I think it’s a little bit more bold.

4 Likes

Thanks Steve, adding the FW to my wish list, although I do like a bold Blackberry and although a lot of ppl don’t care for the TFA, I’m having a hard time getting away from it. Haven’t had the time to fully test what I have yet, but the Blackberry VSO I subbed in one of my BB brandy mixes at 3.5% (where I normally use TFA at 3%) and found it very weak/ light and sweeter. The VSO at 3.5% combined with the SC at 1% was really good and I need to test the SC solo at maybe 2%-3%
I also picked up the Razzleberry as @woftam recommends, and although I did not try it myself, I did throw together a mix for a friend and he said it was really really good (I love my test buddies) it was:
Razzleberry FW 5%
Raspberry, Sweet TFA 3%
Sweet &Tart TFA 2%
Super Sweet 0.5%

4 Likes

I love FW blackberry and MF blackberry. A very rich blackberry for a small amount.

5 Likes