BLACKBERRY, What’s your favorite and why?

Looking to expand my flavor stash with some Blackberry flavors, (and possibly a Bilberry)
What’s your go-to Blackberry ?
Any links to Blackberry flavor notes would also be appreciated :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I’m not a fruit vaper at all, very rarely, but I do have FA Blackberry, I find it a bit bitter on it’s own, nice in a fruit mix though.

6 Likes

Thanks @Steampugs for your input, I hear that the FA is a spot-on Blackberry and a very potent flavor, but then fades with steeping.

4 Likes

@Rocky02852, while I admittedly don’t use Blackberries enough, my recent VSO tests left me VERY smitten with the VSO Blackberry. FA’s is pretty accurate, but as stated, needs some help.

Blackberry (VSO) 5% (8-29-20) – Despite @fidalgo_vapes / @fiddy 's 2-3% ranging, I decided to go ALL IN at 5% across the board. As soon as I opened the bottle to fill the beloved SteamCrave RDTA v.1 I KNEW, something, was about to happen. This just didn’t smell like a “regular” blackberry, and it wasn’t. This presented as a very unique (I know, unique again) Blackberry. It’s almost as if it was a different “shade” of Blackberry. It had all the telltale notes, but there were others in there swirling around, creating QUITE a hard time for me to try and verbalize. Complex would suit this one’s description, and it could be that there were multiple darker berries in there, but couldn’t be sure. I dropped the 5% down to 3.75% just to make sure there were no critical differences and there weren’t. On the initial pull you get the deep, rich blackberry (medley ?) with a tick above mid level sweetness, but on the exhale the sweetness rapidly dissipates, so you’re not left with an overly sweet finish. What ?? How’d Shane do that ?? At both 3.75, and 5% the vape was great, mysterious, and had the reduced sweet finish, with almost a hint of bitter. Wow, for one flavor, there’s a LOT going on here, and all of it good. Nothing off putting, nothing artificial, just a great darker blackberry with probable other dark berry elements thrown in. Had a slight tartness, which worked great. Overall, (I know, I know), having a hard time knocking this one down. Perhaps the almost imperceivable bitter finish might be it. All in, if you are thinking of only buying a few VSO flavors, this one should also be on your list. Very mysterious, dark blackberry, that shifts a bit while vaping, with a slight tartness, that is hard to find a comparison to, is what this one is. 9.5/10 .

7 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer, I totally forgot about that one, even though recently reading your VSO flavor reviews, gonna head over to VSO and check it out. Also wanna see what the Huck’s going on over there :wink:

7 Likes

This is the one you want @Rocky02852

7 Likes

I’ve only tried FA BB and the TW Gold Standard BB, and I have to say I prefer the latter. I find the FA one a bit on the sweet side, but the TW one does taste quite nice as a solo mix. (https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/e-liquid/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-view-all-19/gold-standard-concentrate-10ml.html)

I’ve got a few other Blackberrys on the way, I’ve been looking for one that tastes like a premade one I tried once - it was so real my mouth spat from under my tongue!. Cannot remember who made that one unfortunately, but if I ever find it I will let you know.

[edit]

After reading the above replies looks like I will also be looking to buy some VSO.

6 Likes

Well I wish I used more Blackberry because then I could offer more, but man, that recent VSO test really was good. I’ll go back through my other notes, to see if I had any other mega BB hits.

4 Likes

Not alota BB to pull from @Rocky02852.

Blackberry (MF) 0.75% (10-19-18) – Like all of the other MF fruits I’ve tried this one came across as very natural, and clean tasting. It seemed to lean towards the darker side of a blackberry, as opposed to a brighter one. The sweetness seemed lower than some of the other MF flavors, and it was somewhat laid back in comparison too. Some added sweetness and/or stevia might help it pop more. I don’t think I would use this as a main blackberry flavor, but more so of a booster or additive to others. Steeped very well, def. got across what it was trying to convey. For a slightly darker, not so sweetened blackberry, that is not as strong as many others, that’s what you’ll get with this one. Not great, not bad, riding in the middle of the road for me. 6.5/10.

Blackberry SC 2.5% (4-15-17) – After a 2 week steep this one was interesting, not in a good or bad way, just interesting. It didn’t taste like Blackberry to me, and my first thought was Snozzberry, or Jelloberry. Not sure why. Nice and sweet and berry-like, just no berry I could identify. Could be added as a berry mix maybe, but for a blackberry, going 2/10.

5 Likes

Another one that I’ve used in (you know what) @Rocky02852 is …

A little expensive, and I haven’t solo’d it yet, but natural flavor…

5 Likes

blackberry blossom (FLV) -

from .06% to .2% is an excellent floral berry flavor with hints of honey.
The blackberry is there… it’s light. It’s an excellent bottom flavor that really brings out that sweet yet tart berry. Could be considered a “helper flavor” for backgrounds :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just ordered it, (along with some Tomato and Celery, man I could go for a Bloody Mary)

I still am looking for a couple more Blackberries, Looked at the MF BB but nobody carries it and I hate ordering direct from MF, I don’t like the bottles they use and I also hate to pay shipping for small orders.

I’m thinking about:
Blackberry (CAP)
Blackberry (SC)

4 Likes

Nice @SmokyBlue, I didn’t even know FLV had a Blackberry, sounds like a Great helper flavor! I do like honey, I just ordered another bigger bottle of Milk & Honey :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Im going to stash 4oz bottles of flv soon. :smiley:
I have to reup quiet a few of them. Always a fun time!! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Yeah I may have to break down and get that one too, if I ever want to do a 1:1 clone of (you know what) :wink:

4 Likes

Bull City has a line called Super Concentrates which,I’m pretty sure,are from Chy-na…but the Blackberry(SC) at 6% w/.5% Super Sweet is what the wife loves! I realize that there’s been an SC(Real Flavors) line,but, correct me if I’m wrong I think these are different. Really tasty Blackberry!

5 Likes

Yeah that ones on the top of my list too

It’s in my cart a BCF :+1:

4 Likes

Yeah it is from Chine-Ah (and not SC real flavors) also sold at VapingZone as (SC) (VZ)

3 Likes

@woftam mentioned Razzleberry-Flavor West also,and that one’s in my cart at BCF. You know about 15% sale through tomorrow,right? ‘GRILLNCHILL’

4 Likes

Just may have to add that one too :ok_hand: and no, didn’t know bout the sale, (but I always check for codes b4 checkout) Thanks for the heads up :+1:

4 Likes