Best PC games of all time?

Choosing the best PC games of all time is no easy task, as there are countless amazing titles that have left a lasting impact on the gaming industry. However, a few games have consistently stood out as true classics.

One such game is ‘The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.’ With its vast open world, immersive storytelling, and endless modding possibilities, Skyrim has captivated players since its release. It offers an unparalleled sense of exploration and adventure that keeps players coming back for more.

Another legendary title is ‘Portal 2.’ This puzzle-platformer not only challenges your mind but also delivers a witty and engaging narrative. The mind-bending puzzles and memorable characters make it a true gem in the gaming world.

And let’s not forget about ‘The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.’ This epic action RPG combines a gripping storyline, rich world-building, and morally complex choices. With its stunning visuals and deep gameplay mechanics, it has set a new standard for the genre.

Lastly, ‘Half-Life 2’ deserves a mention. It revolutionized the first-person shooter genre with its innovative gameplay, captivating narrative, and physics-based mechanics. Even years after its release, it remains a benchmark for immersive storytelling.

2 Likes

For me, It has to be ARMA 3. Although the entire ARMA series hold a special place in my heart. I have made so many friends over the years and created so many fond memories and stories to tell.

2 Likes

World Of Warcraft for MMO but it’s stale now and the only thing good is Player Vs Player action… The game itself is beautiful, the story is great and the music is incredible.

The only game I’ve been playing right now is Mechwarrior Online because the community is mostly these grumpy old dudes that play as it’s been a franchise since the 80s… It’s hilarious to listen to them on voice and hear them talk about mechs in the game, or how hard they get into it:

“Delta 6, we have a lance flanking us, heading to E5 to get an angle on them”… It’s a really rich community full of people that just have a passion for the game and it’s a fun time teaming up. It’s 12 vs 12 and there’s objective based maps or skirmishes. Used to play with a couple guys from ELR years ago but lost track of who they are on my friend’s list.

2 Likes

When I met my wife she was a WOW addict, would buy and download each extension as they came out but she went from never coming off the game for years to all of a sudden about 3 years ago she suddenly lost all interest!

Me personally find such games are designed to milk money out of people, can understand paying monthly for a game when the software is free and can also understand software being quite expensive for games but then you have payed so should be able to play without paying anymore. The WOW software isn’t cheap in fact if you want all the extensions it’s a mini fortune and then they charge you a monthly fee to play what you have already payed for, what a rip off!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, the thing I subscribed for was the Classic content… What they did is with a subscription you can play WOW how it was when it first came out and they are rereleasing content… I had never got a chance to do that because I worked a retarded amount of hours all those years… So I’m not working now and was able to level my first couple characters to max level… But like I said, I really enjoy the PVP, there’s a lot of strategy to it especially playing a class like Mage because you have like 20 spells you can use at any given time depending on the situation but there’s only about 6-8 you’ll use for normal engagements.

Don’t want to pay for just that though, that’s why the mechwarrior is fun because you can play a few matches and be done in 40 minutes. It’s kind of a pay to win model, but you don’t have to… Plenty of incentive just to play games and do challenges for money, credits and free mechs.

2 Likes

I only really played PC Games before online gaming had took off and social media didn’t really exist, I loved a game called Curse of Monkey Island! Thinking about it I’m talking over 30 years ago not sure if it was still bulletin boards or the internet was in it’s infancy.

2 Likes