Battery Chargers

If faulty battery might not save it, I am not an expert on electronics or fully know the real risk factors but I just choose not to take the chance! Any way what does balanced charging got to do with a mod with a single Lipo? Need at least 2 batteries for them to charge balanced!

3 Likes

The lipo battery in the hadron pro is a 4s battery. Basically 4 cells on top of each other, so they need balanced charging.

2 Likes

balanced charging will cause the batteries to charge equally but not sure that eliminates all possible causes of a potential disaster!

4 Likes

Fair enough we are talking crudely made ego batteries going back years ago but twice when charging if I had not been in attendance there would of been a house fire, since then when it comes to charging devices or batteries I just will not leave unattended!

4 Likes

Well yeah, that would do it lol

2 Likes

This is the article I was referring to.

2 Likes

This is from that article:

it is the only chipset that allows you to recharge a box with batteries without any risk.

2 Likes

Yep, I am no expert but I have always been led to believe Lipo’s can be risky!

4 Likes

They sound pretty dangerous when you get further down that article lol.

When recharging this Hadron Pro DNA250C box, it will be necessary to put it in a LiPo recharging bag which is designed to resist fire.

4 Likes

The article is full of contradictions so likely not reliable.

3 Likes

I haven’t read it mate, I read almost zero articles on the web about anything!

3 Likes

Batteries should never be left unattended when charging as already mentioned.

As the lipo gets older there is more of a chance it will have a rapid disassembly event. They will swell first which can and does happen on chargers. A fireproof bag is a good idea they are not particularly expensive.

Lipo batteries when they go, they go big.

As far as the 1 amp charging on the Gyrfalcon you will be hard-pressed to find an 8 bay that will charge faster (the Nitecore i8 will charge 1 battery at 1.5 amps but only if you have a single battery in the charger otherwise it is 3 amps split between 8 bays).

Read up on it here there is a lot of tech info and details a heap of features that I have never used.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20GyrFalcon%20All-88%20UK.html

5 Likes

They aren’t when they’re finished, but they will be during the charging cycle.

4 Likes

Just as a firearm will not likely ever ‘go off’ if handled/carried properly…these ‘mini bombs’ we use day in, and day out will probably enjoy an ‘event’ free life, shown the same kind of respect, imho. Keeping the wraps in good shape, looking for any damage after a fall(especially top, and bottom contact pads if dropped while in a mod), storing them in proper containers, staying nearby while their charging, and even labeling, and keeping new batts. paired for life where possible. NOT doing any of the above doesn’t mean you WILL have, in @woftam 's word’s, a rapid disassembly event , but rather, it means that you’ve done everything you can to prevent one.

5 Likes

I’m not so worried about my 18650’ or 21700’s but after watching the following video, I went out and rigged together a bunch of old ceramic tiles in a metal tin before I’d even plug the lipo mod in to charge LOL. Gonna order a lipo charge bag when the gf gets home hopefully.

4 Likes

Behold! The Ghetto lipo charge box!

4 Likes

Be sure to let the GF know it’s not a trash bin, lol. :wink:

4 Likes

Ordered a LiPo bag to put my mod in while charging. Should ease the paranoia a little :smiley:

4 Likes

6 Likes