Argus Air alternative

Hi, New member looking for help.
Been vaping for years, been through tanks and settled on pods. My go to has been the Voopoo Argus Air at 6ohms and 22 watts, plain juice at 10mg. Its now discontinued… The Argus G is not an obvious replacement. Any suggestions gratefully received :+1:

5 Likes

If that’s using the pnp coils Vaporesso luxe very similar looking device takes pnp gtx and the bp mods coils using the Dt l pod
And welcome to ya

6 Likes

Are those the TMD coils? Not used them but heard some people say they are the dogs boll55ks!

5 Likes

Thanks buddy, I was looking at the Vaporesso luxe XR. A similiar price but had no idea it took pnp coils. They really are excellent, as a result, I stockpiled some Argus Air devices over the last year… beginning to run out now ! :rofl:

5 Likes

Welcome to VC, @Wombat :wave:

2 Likes

Yep I’ve been playing with stock coils for more Knowledge for peeps that ask me what do I suggest they use ,the TMD I can say are pretty dam good but so are the gtx I’ve even run shop juice 100 ml on the .2 still going strong @Wombat i got the max two pods in the kit two types of coils 2800mah lasts all day on a .2 coil 55 watts worth a look

5 Likes

Thanks, appreciate the tip.
Nothing quite like other peoples knowledge…:+1:

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ve just pressed the buy button and hopefully it will arrive tomorrow for its audition.

6 Likes

Welcome to vaping community, thanks for joining us :smile:

5 Likes

@Wombat, welcome to the V.C forum.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome fellow vapers.
Well I’ve auditioned the Vaporesso Luxe XR and its a disappointment compared to the Argus Air. Too big, cheap plastic finish, no variable wattage, which I would expect at this price point. However its performance at 8ohms using the MTL pod is pretty good. It will do as a spare but suspect that I shall plump for the Pro version, which does have variable wattage, a better finish and is smaller. Will have to purchase a blank pod pack and some 6ohm coils at the same time to hit my personal tastes. The good news is that the pods are interchangeable across the Luxe range. I would have plumped for the Argus Air G… its better specced, better finished and better ergonomically. The big problem with it… is the most fiddly and awkward refill I have come across. I just could not live with it on a daily basis.
Will let you know how I get on with the Pro… if I go ahead and get one.
Im staggered that Voopoo havent replaced/updated the original Argus Air. In terms of spec, build quality and even price, there is nothing remotely its equal currently on sale.

5 Likes

My bad I’ve got the luxe X-ray max that’s the one I was on about

5 Likes

No worries, I would have got it anyway…I’ve been using it most of the afternoon and its working well. Ive looked at every manufacturer and the Luxe series are the only ones that come close to the old Argus.
Coils and flavour seem excellent.

5 Likes

When I reviewed I always found Voopoo overrated much prefer Vaporesso!

4 Likes

Interesting… The Argus Air was my first ever Voopoo. Compared to previous outfits… Smok, Eleaf, Aspire, I was impressed. My first day out with the Vaporesso and I like the coils but feel limited by the lack of wattage flexibility on this model. More exploration needed. :+1:

5 Likes

I am not saying Voopoo are rubbish they are just overhyped and I always found when using certain PnP coils they were leaky and if there is one thing I despise it’s a leaky tank or pod, flavour was very decent though but would find the GTX coils easily a match!

5 Likes

I dont know about the hype. I chanced upon the piece of kit and loved it. Never had a problem with leaky coils, so cant comment. Smok gets rave reviews but I found them very unreliable. You are spot on re the GTX coils, the ones I’ve used today have been excellent… no complaints there… and that is why I will persist with Vaporesso. Will wait a bit before committing to a Luxe Pro as will need to buy extra Pods and Coils at same time. Two new pods having been auditioned in the last three days, I need to break the purchase addiction ! :smiley:

5 Likes

Smok are very unreliable but are known as such, don’t know whether vape shops rave about them because they are one of the most common brands sold in vape shops but apart from the reviewers (written and Youtube) that just say everything is great so more stuff gets sent for review in general I find reviewers are honest about Smok, believe it or not Smok products have improved over the last 2 or three years they use to be much more unreliable these day’s even the TC is close but personally I don’t recommend the brand.

4 Likes

:+1:

4 Likes

Knowing my weakness, I doubt it will be long before I purchase the Luxe Pro.
The only downside of Voopoo was that they could not be used when charging. As a result, I always kept a couple of fully charged spares.
Not so with the Luxe… it can be used when charging ! A very useful bonus.

5 Likes