And, so the journey begins

Splendid. Thank you.

@woftam’s “Caramel Coffee Kiss” :kissing:

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard that Alpine Strawberry is pretty potent, (one to two drops per 30ml). I’ve been on the fence about picking up that flavor. Drops do vary from bottle / manufacturer but I’ve found that mostly 0.07% Equals one drop per 30ml, I myself like to mix new recipes in 20ml batches and single flavors in a 10ml, that’s why I have diluted a few flavors to 10% :ok_hand:

4 Likes

It is really potent and so much different than any other strawberry it can be tough to find a place for it. Still haven’t mixed a recipe using it that has turned into a ADV but might try again soon. Definitely not a flavor I will mix for friends as a 15ml bottle costs as much as a gallon of TFA it seems, ok, maybe not that much but it feels like it :grin:

Some FLV flavors are too potent to be useful. I wish they would come out with a diluted line for some of those flavors. Make a Alpine Strawberry 10% diluted for a MUCH cheaper price. They could do the same for a number of there flavors, I don’t want to have to go bigger than a 30ml bottle just to try a new concentrate @ 1 drop per.

5 Likes

Ya but i think they are getting out of them

4 Likes

The trick with the alpine is to either use it where you want a single strawberry with some tartness(if you do this you will most likely need some sweet flavours) OR use it with a sweeter strawberry to introduce some tart ish notes.
My goal with this one was to hit the chalky flavour of sb stick bubble gum that I used to get in a pack of football cards (probably the same gum in baseball or soccer cards back in the day).

You will probably notice that the total is pretty low - if you can make it I will hazzard a guess it will surprise you

Bubba's Berry (FINAL)

Ingredients %
Alpine Strawberry - Flavorah 0.10
Bubble Gum - Flavorah 0.20
Cream - Flavorah 0.13
Dragon Fruit - Flavorah 0.20

Flavor total: 0.63%

Yes the .13 from the cream is a bit of a wank i adjusted the overall % down at one stage and never bothered to round it up or down

6 Likes

Ya, I am not entirely sure why it is so strong either - irc the inw alpine sb is hella strong as well so there may actually be a reason

4 Likes

That is the part that gets lost with me, Rich Cinnamon is a great example, most people in DIY use a dilution to make it usable. It works for them so why not do that at the FLV warehouse beforehand?

At this point I am almost not interested in trying any “New” FLV flavors that may be coming as I have so many FLV that I never use. Being “Ultra Concentrated” is a good tag line but that also means “Ultra Expensive” and if the flavor is not “Ultra Delicious” compared to other mfgs out there then I just threw away money. It is like if TFA forced me to buy 4oz bottles as sample sizes, even then the 4oz would be half the price of a 15ml original bottle of FLV Alpine Strawberry.

I am just finding that I would rather have super concentrated, maybe an average use of 1% then FLV Ultra concentrated where you gotta count drops. I don’t need my mix messed up because one stray drop got away from me by accident, in DIY that is ridiculous.

6 Likes

Can anyone give me any info on Everything Liquids Mix Master range, and this please ?
https://everythingliquid.co.uk/shop/pudding-club-key-lemon-tart-flavour-concentrate/

And would it be wise to add Acetyl Pyrazine and Vanillin to my flavour stash ?

3 Likes

The only one I’m familiar with is Vanillin
(But my stash so far is only about 225 flavors) A 10ml of TFA vanillin would be cheap enough to add into an order, I do use it on occasion if that helps👌

4 Likes

AP is popular but it is either Love or Hate, based on whether or not you are one of the unfortunate ones (like me) that tastes corn chips at even very low %. I wish I didn’t get the “Frito Fever” with it, because it would be a great one for my flavor profile, but I can’t use it.

I’ve used Vanillin a lot, but INW Shisha Vanilla and MF Vanilla are light years superior to me.

5 Likes

AP some people find useful in bakery recipies and other’s can’t tolerate it. With AP if used to high can give you a Fritos type corn chip taste to it.

Vanillin can be useful and a lot of flavors already have that as an ingredient. It is sort of a brighter vanilla kick, try it low at about .5% to start to see if it adds to you mix.

5 Likes

I am with you on the chips, even flavors that have AP in them I can usually tell and tend to stay away from. It is just one of those flavors for me that stands out too much, it detracts from the other flavors due to my sensitivity to it.

5 Likes

:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:
I’m barely 10% of that…

Been hit with a £5 delivery charge on an item I want, so wanted to max my basket.

AP & Vanillin are £2.80/$3.48 for 30ml, seems like a good deal ?

I’ve seen AP listed in a few of @woftam’s recipes, and I like bakery flavours, so worth a punt, methinks… :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah I would pass on a 30ml pf vanillin, like @Mjag said it’s aready in a lot of flavor concentrates, I think I have 10ml and should last me a long time. I think I only have one recipe where its needed👌

3 Likes

I agree. If you don’t get Frito then you’ll probably use that one a lot.

5 Likes

I would pickup a French Vanilla or Vanilla Swirl, you’ll get more use out of them👌

4 Likes

You have? Are you sure it is one of mine I don’t use AP as a rule if I want to I tend to use a flavour that has AP in it like inw biscuit. I don’t think I have used AP as a standalone in any released recipe. TBH I don’t think it is worth the buy.

Vanillian is a one dimensional vanilla and while it can be useful to add a simple vanilla note many many flavours have it in them to give a vanilla note (or a cream vibe)

To see how often it is used swing by the TPA site and put the CAS number 121-33-5 in the search box
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx

5 Likes

Thanks Simon.

I may be confusing AP with something else that sounds similar, and I’ve never heard of before, nor have any idea what it is ! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, that I have seen in a few of your many recipes. Several of which I mean to try.

I’m confused, and a noob.

My head feels like it’s gonna explode.

I’ve got juice coming out of my ears, but my new dawg keeps licking them clean ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Way out of my depth, and comfort zone. :pensive:

FW Waffle Cone was a pleasant single flavour @ 3.5%. Not too sweet, hints of maple syrup with a biscuity, buttery kinda flavour.

VTA Arabica Coffee @ 3% single flavour tastes like the dregs from a filter coffee. Very strong, as everyone has told me. :roll_eyes:

DL Strawberry Custard & Golden Grahams still steeping.

Need to reign it in, take one step at a time, use up a good proportion of current juice stock, and keep my good lady happy before embarking on any further ventures.

@anon96069639 summed it up earlier, perfectly.

I really do appreciate all of your excellent advice. :100:%

5 Likes

Strawberry Custard is delicate, well balanced, and lovely. :kissing_heart:
The Alpine Strawberry adds a freshness I’ve not experienced before, and the Custard is a smooth background flavour.
Only had one tank full from a 50ml mix because the misses likes it so much she’s nabbed the bottle. :smile:

GGs are still steeping, should be ready Saturday. :crossed_fingers:
Does have a very good ‘breakfast cereal’ nose though.

7 Likes

I thought that the Strawberry Custard was good, and it is, but…

@sessiondrummer, you are a true :man_cook:t2:

Golden Grahams is delicious, sublime, and I haven’t put it down since I tried it. Even added a box of the originals to cross-reference, and you’ve absolutely nailed it.

I would never have imagined vaping a breakfast cereal could be so enjoyable. :clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

Thank you.

And I have a sneaky feeling that all of these flavours will taste even better in my first RTA…

5 Likes