And, so the journey begins

Thank you all for your guidance, input, assistance, and most of all, encouragement.

Just taken one small step for man, one giant leap for me !

First up, @Grubby’s Dinner Lady - Strawberry Custard, closely followed by @SessionDrummer’s Golden Grahams Original…

:crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Your gonna love mixing up your own juice, you will probably find yourself wanting to try many more combinations and there are some super lists on the internet!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/350kul/solid_list_of_diy_clones/

5 Likes

Looks good Cap’t, I’ll be very interested in how that Arabica Coffee works out for Ya, I don’t have that one but hear it’s VERY strong so start Low, 1% or less. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Ironic that you posted the POTV link.

I checked out a few on there earlier, and came to the conclusion that I have no idea who most of the chefs are, or the caliber of their recipes.

Unlike VC, :wink:

When members are professional mixologists, or know a wide range of concentrates down to 0.1%, or are simply experienced home mixers with a sense of humour and a penchant for helping numpties like me, then I know that I’m in the right place. :blush:

Appreciate the encouragement, ta.

4 Likes

Cheers Rocky, I’ll let you know.

The coffee was a last minute addition to the basket to get free delivery, so was almost a freebie.

I’ll decant 15ml and post it to you if you message me your details, then you can rustle up another quality coffee recipe for me to try, if it’s any good ?

Or I can post it to one of the mods, and they can forward it to you ?

I’m digging myself a hole here, and I really don’t mean to, sorry.

To rephrase, I can pass on 15ml of the Arabica Coffee, FOC, for you to try, via a means of transit that is acceptable.

3 Likes

Now there’s a smart shopper🎉 haha, that’s what I’ve done many times,
Thanks but I’ll just wait and see what Your thoughts are about it👌
Would suggest doing a SFT first (single flavor test) or what I like to call it, a Self Flavor taste. And then keep me posted :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Just a heads up…
While this isn’t a hard and fast rule, there’s a couple things that you might want to keep in mind about coffee flavors.

First, most are Hella strong. Like 1% and often much less strong.
To give you an example, FW is normally in the 4-6% (and higher) range for most mixers.
Their Coffee (sometimes seen as Cafe Coffee) should be used around 0.5% to 1%.

Another example is TFA Kona coffee. One drop is too much in a 30ml IMHO. I had to do a 10% dilution before even thinking about testing the 10% dilution at 1%!!

The next thing is, most coffees are heat sensitive. Meaning: if you don’t stay under about 40w, you may get burnt or bitter (either way, unpleasant) notes.
There are a select few that can handle higher power well, but if you fall into that bracket, you would be better to seek the advice of one of our other members (as I never venture past 50w max). :wink:

5 Likes

That’s a good idea, and I’ll try it.

As an experienced ‘pond’ shopper, what would you expect to pay for shipping from UK to US for a medium parcel less than 1kg / 2 lbs ?

Potentially being charged FedEx International Economy® $33.76 for an atomizer, 3 x 15ml concentrates, a 5 pack of coils, 2 x 125ml HDPE bottles and spouts, 2 x Zeus Dual RTA Bubble Glass, and half a dozen vape bands ?

2 Likes

IDK, I know when I order from Chefs, the shipping charges to U.S. are very reasonable. But Recently a fellow vaper wanted a Mod I had (FOC) and the shipping would have been more than the value :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Looks like some great flavours in there just a heads up if you were not aware that Flavour Creative is rebottled Flavour Art (and the Bav is a good one).

The VTA is a hella strong coffee you will only need to run it at about 0.5% - 0.7% as the main note in a recipe it will turn a bit bitter if you vape it at high wattage as @Sprkslfly mentioned.

5 Likes

Thank you, a true gentleman and scholar.

I found my sweet spot MTL, 1.6 - 2.0 Ω, 10-12W, and 10-12mg nic.

Cool vape, hits the spot, and does it for me, and more importantly, the wife. :wink:

Quite like the Innokin iSub Plex 3D Coils @ 0.48Ω, but they don’t last long and not suited to my style.

I know, I know, I know, build my own to order ?

A lot of other stuff going on, and not that good with fiddly stuff. Cop out. :pensive:

I know exactly what I want, and am close to getting there, just need some large tanks to arrive and I think that’ll be it. Until the next new thing…

I’ve had a little play with VV Hazelnut Latte, but need double figure %'s to be effective.

I’m tip-toeing here, through a minefield, and appreciate every bit of advice I can get.

Thanks.

FTR, best lesson has been learned just from the numbers.

Alpine Strawberry - Flavorah @ 0.1% and £8.83 for 10ml says everything, whilst remaining silent.

I take your point, and really appreciate your comments.

Thank you. :wink:

3 Likes

Cheers Simon, appreciate the feedback.

Glad I’ve not ordered a few…unuseables… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’m close to that with this order.

Finally had clearance after submitting a copy of my UK Driving Licence to confirm age and address.

Still, exchange rate is favourable currently, and I can’t get an equivalent tank in europe. :unamused:

2 Likes

@Captain_Grey wish I wasn’t outta likes !!!

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 15 minutes before trying again.

4 Likes

Who ever restricted ‘likes’, and I need to tread carefully here, needs to readdress their reasoning…please ? Pretty please, with an iced cherry on top ?

3 Likes

Whilst I’ve got you, @SessionDrummer, I wasn’t able to source all of your ingredients, so would really appreciate % comments regarding the substitues…

Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) - Flavour Art vs Bavarian Cream - Flavour Creative
Meringue - Flavour Art vs Meringue - TFA
Waffle Cone - Flavor West vs Waffle - Flavorah

These were the closest alternatives due to stock outs…

3 Likes

fa fresh cream

fa meringue

fw waffle I can’t see at chefs

but at about 1/2 the strength of the FW should be a decent sub

4 Likes

As far as subs go

• Use the fa bav at about 1/3 more than the fa fresh
  • Use the tfa meringue at about 1/4 ish more than the FA meringue
  • FLV waffle fails a little as a waffle it is more of a pancake but I would use it at about 1/4 of the strength of the fw
4 Likes

I haven’t used it for a while but I found it super strong. 0.25-0.5 for me.

5 Likes

Congrats!!

5 Likes