And, so the journey begins

@Captain_Grey Out Of Stocks, just plain suck. Normally I’d be HAPPY to try and give you alternatives, but in that recipe, it really has to be mixed as written. Took me QUITE a while to get it nailed down, and I too, tried alternatives. Having spent soo much time trying to dial that one in, I’d be VERY reluctant to offer any subs, while expecting it to come out the same.

I wish I could, but I couldn’t predict the outcome. You live in the UK ? Where do you order from ?

5 Likes

I suspected that may be the case.

Yep, bonny locked down Scotland. :smirk:

Now I’m stumped… :thinking:

Attempt a first, small batch mix using the substitutes, (thanks @woftam), knowing it will be different?

Wait until I’ve sourced the correct ingredients?

Or both? :grin:

Think I’m gonna need some more bottles… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Your call, it will be very different but it could be different good or different bad - but with a small batch there is very little financial loss if it turns out not to your tastes

5 Likes

Start with a MINIMUM of 25…(30ml)

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer…if a job’s worth doing…

Rainbowvapes to the rescue…

My Mrs. is going to do her nut…“no more e-juice” she said, “we’ve got enough to last us until Christmas…2021!”
:grimacing:

4 Likes

be very very careful with the RF honey it is quite strong (stay under .2 kinda strong) it will bash a lot of other flavours into submission very easily

6 Likes

Cheers Simon, was an impulse clearance buy.

There was a wee bit of a warning in the description, and I’ve seen the same said for other honey concentrates.

I’m sure that I’ll find a use for it as a background flavour. :wink:

3 Likes

ya as a bg flavour you will probably be ok with 3-4 drops per 100 ml

3 Likes

:flushed:

As little as that ?

10ml will last me years !

2 Likes

Just as long as it doesn’t taste as it smells…

4 Likes

ya you will know if you go a little high it will have a cats pee ammonia smell

5 Likes

Nearly all honey are difficult to work with many give ammonia smell others turn to floral really easily. 95% of them are strong a/f .

5 Likes

It’s worth the extra order AND the grief from the missus, that Golden Grahams recipe is the only cereal vape I have ever been completely satisfied with, it’s not missing anything at all:) currently loaded in my topside dual right now, think I’ll go have a toot lol

6 Likes

Received the final concentrates from Rainbow vapes earlier today so managed to knock up my first 2 proper recipes.

50ml each of @SessionDrummer’s Golden Grahams and @Grubby’s Dinner Lady - Strawberry Custard.

Really glad that I invested in a decent set of scales, especially with the very low % of Alpine Strawberry.
I think my 10 ml bottle could be a lifetime’s supply! :laughing:

https://www.ourweigh.co.uk/pocket-mini-scales/on-balance-mtt-100-mini-table-top-scale.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw8pH3BRAXEiwA1pvMsSPFeWLRvulsp_r3nLY7CTlVuf7PZjUolWplkc4qy7iTRseXCVWM2RoCAdsQAvD_BwE

Just need to put my patience head on for the next couple of weeks.

@Grubby, what is the steep time for the Strawberry Custard? The recipe has disappeared from public view. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I think that’s a wise choice for a scale Cap’t, I use a similar one and like the fact that it goes down to 0.001 for accuracy, for large batches I mix my concentrates / pg / Nic first then move to a larger 0.01 scale for adding the VG.
Also for some concentrates I do make a 10% dilution in PG for ease of use, example: Cinnamon Spice I like to use at 0.08% , with my 10% dilution I use it at 0.8 %:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Ya we had a minor glitch with the calculator it should all be good again now but mix should be fine in 3-4 days

5 Likes

Ooops sorry It’s public again

4 Likes

Thanks @Rocky02852, was hoping I’d made the right choice.

That’s an excellent idea. I was struggling / shaking a wee bit with 0.05 of Alpine Strawberry ! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Quick Sunday Quiz…

From the following flavour list, what would you suggest for your other half who has a penchant for cappuccinos, caramel lattes, & cake / cookies ?

Waffle Cone - Flavor West
Waffle - Flavorah
Cereal 27 - Capella
Hazelnut Latte - Vampire Vape
Arabica Coffee - VTA
Caramel - Flavorah
Creme Brulee - VTA
Meringue - Flavour Art
Bavarian Cream - Flavour Creative
Fresh Cream - Flavour Art

Really not sure where to start, other than looking at average %s in mixes and going with the lower figures for 4 or 5 flavours ?

2 Likes

Use the k.i.s.s protocol - start low and build up if you need to - these will be ok start points but you may have to fiddle with bringing something forward or pushing something back.

Arabica Coffee - VTA - .5 (.7 if you want it a triple shot)
Caramel - Flavorah - .8 - 1
Creme Brulee - VTA - 1.5 - 2

On your next spree grab yourself (permissions allowing it lol) a bottle of vta coffee milk froth

6 Likes