All Newcomers - Introduce yourselves

Thank you BD!! Likewise sir.

:fist_right: :fist_left:

5 Likes

Likewise, I got the Coke

Hope you brought the JACK ! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you.

It’s a melancholy tale from some years ago. If you remember the Augvape Merlin, Roxy was the lady who helped Augvape design it. She wasn’t an employee, though. As I understand it, that didn’t stop talking about the tank on ECF getting her in deep dudgeon with the ECF mods for promoting merch outside of Vendors’ Country. (Her name being on the tank probably didn’t help) She was treated badly, anyone who stuck up for her was treated badly, and it still probably isn’t a good idea to bring the subject up if you are posting on ECF. The mods seriously circled their wagons on that screw-up. Kind of a ‘take no prisoners’ stance.

One upside was that a lot of really nice people ended up frequenting VU. Lot’s of “ECF Refugee” badges there. Roxy herself hung out there for a while after being treated as persona non grata by ECF, but ultimately went silent. Very sad. She is missed.

I fell in love with the Merlin at first vape. Still is among the best MTL single coil RTAs out there, in my opinion. I ended up with a serious stash of them, so I’m prepared for the vaping armageddon.

Its successor, the Augvape Intake, Is a close challenger. It comes (or mebbe ‘came’) in both single and double coil flavors. Air draws from top, so there’s no condensation leaking from the bottom, but it lacks the Merlin’s juice flow control, a feature I dearly miss. It helped forgive a lot of wicking vagaries.

5 Likes

Wow…Yeah I’ve seen those badges on VU, I post my reviews on there too, I did wonder, Back in the day when I first joined there I seem to remember having a conversation about that badge because I was an ECF refugee too, just for a different reason to do with Retired1.

Anyway, hopefully there’ll be no such drama here :grin: , we strive for a nice, happy and peaceful environment :wink:

9 Likes

Yep, there were certainly other reasons ECF posters made their way to VU, without looking back. The Roxy episode was one of the more egregious ones (they lost an irreplaceable contributor to their board), but certainly not the only one.

5 Likes

17 posts were split to a new topic: User trust Levels - The quest for edit

Welcome to the VC @quadraginta. I didn’t know about that particular story from ECF, but knew of many, many others. My time spent there, was tucked away in a vendors area, safe from all the crap.

I honestly didn’t even know the trust level details, but knew I was always running out of likes…

5 Likes

ECF, VU, ELR here too… I remember that…
As well as other stories too. A few of my own too…

Hope you enjoy your stay here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to you @quadraginta !!

3 Likes

Thank you, I guess.

I’m still left hanging a bit on the question of when or how I’ll be able to edit a post a few hours after I’ve made it. The reference material doesn’t seem to be very applicable.

I suppose I just won’t worry about it. If it comes, it comes.

Thank you all for the welcome and the help.

4 Likes

Welcome all new members, have fun :smile:

5 Likes

I’m here. Where da white women at?

5 Likes

That Vanilla Coke is MUCH better with Wild Turkey or Maker’s Mark :grin:

4 Likes

LOL!!! Only you K!! If indeed you are K. Good to see you sir.

Reminds me of the movie White Chicks. And when I think of that movie the first thing I think about is Terry Crews. LOVE THAT DUDE!! My fave clip…

4 Likes

Yup, it’s me bro. And Terry is da man. Loved his Cheeseburger character in The Longest Yard.

5 Likes

I just got burgers.

Hey man. Glad you’re here so we don’t lose touch.

4 Likes

If I had known you snuck next door I’d have been here sooner. I was starting to wonder. Just been browsing around here. Seems a lot of the oldies but goodies are here.

4 Likes

We about to turn this bitch up to 11.

5 Likes

50342b9b5c318b4fc807a3cb65247054

6 Likes

Thank you for the invite, I am sure I will enjoy reading and learning, I am David5362 on ELR .

7 Likes