All things Bourbon (ok, whiskey and rum too)

Lets start a bourbon discussion. What’s in the front of your liquor cabinet? What’s hiding in the back? Share some favorite food and drink recipes using them. If reading threads about food makes you fat, make this one get you drunk.

My favs are Maker’s Mark 46, Wild Turkey 101 and American Honey, and Captain Morgan Black Label.

https://www.makersmark.com/makers-46

All these are great straight up. And all are great in Root Beet, Vanilla Coke, etc. The first time I had an American Honey and Vanilla coke this waitress at a bar asked if I had tried one. I said no, and she got all giddy and said ohh you gotta try it. I drank myself under the table after that.

6 Likes

Honey Brandy Paul Mason, Vanilla Crown…
and some shine… that’s it… not a big drinker here… I do enjoy some sippin every now and then… :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve been on a Tequila kick lately,

I also am a Collector of Jim Beam decanters, here’s one of my favorites,

4 Likes

Could be a nice and interesting discussion, but I only enjoy my coffee and coca cola, for around 15 years now… Cheers :tada:

5 Likes

Not a big drinker any more, but I would have to say Blanton’s is it for me.

4 Likes

I am not a big drinker either. But every once in awhile or two I like to get a couple shots in me and relax. Tonight is one of those nights.

3 Likes

I’ve got a shot for you big boy! :eggplant::sweat_drops:

2 Likes

Lol. I ain’t that drunk yet. Maybe later :wink:

You guys ever had a drink called a Jolly Rancher? Seagrams 7, 7-up, apple pucker, grape pucker, cherry pucker. Change puckers to whatever flavors you want. Only fruity drink I ever liked besides a Bahama Mama.

3 Likes

If I did anything like that… it’d be rattle snakes or mud slides…
Yeah Im that kind of girl :stuck_out_tongue:

then again Quarter Quarter is fun :rofl:

1 Like

That’s a I didn’t even taste the alcohol drink.

2 Likes

Yeah, it sneaks up on you at the bar, kicks you in the nuts, thens asks you if you want another.

2 Likes

You know how to get my motor running!

2 Likes

Some of these will make killer vapes!

3 Likes

Wheres the BEER thread :man_shrugging:
I come prepared :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I have a love/hate relationship with liquor. Got really, really sick off drinking Canadian Mist one time probably 30 years ago and ever since I have that nauseating feeling even smelling most whiskey. That said, once I get a sip or two in me it usually passes.

For whiskey, I’m a big fan of The Glenlivet 12 yr old. Have it maybe 1 time a year.
Rum - Captain Morgan with Coke Zero
Vodka - Zyr - for any type of cocktail calling for Vodka

Other faves are Black Russians, Arnold Palmer, Tequila Sunrise. One my wife makes which is incredible during summertime - The Drunken Monkey, and if it’s made right - a good Margarita.

1 Like

I know what you mean about having a liquor turn your stomach. My nemesis is Peach Schnapps. It was the last thing I remember one night. When I woke the next morning, all I see are legs walking past me upside down.

I woke up in my car, lying on my back, with my head hanging out, just touching the pavement. It was a very narrow street, barely enough for two cars to pass each other. It was now Sunday morning. There was a popular church just across from my house. You are probably starting to guess who the legs I saw walking by belonged to. Churchgoers! And here I am, drunk, looking as if I drove my car home and passed out while exiting the car. I didn’t by the way. Friends carried me up my steps and took my keys. I somehow walked back to my car, and passed out. My car door being wide open in the street had traffic backed up for 3 blocks!

Never again could I stomach the smell of Peach Schnapps.

2 Likes

My wife is half Russian / half Polish, needless to say I always have plenty of Stoli around, hell I even use it to clean my coils, ( just don’t tell her :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

I’d like to try the Cuke flavor :drooling_face:

4 Likes

I mix this with Apple juice for an apple Jack’s… :yum:
My second luv is Amaretto Di Soronno…

5 Likes

I haven’t tried that one. But it seemed the Honey whiskeys and bourbons all seemed to appear in bars along with Vanilla Coke. I love that combo with Wild Turkey American Honey, but Cream Soda or Root Beer are also very very good with the honey flavored varieties I have tried.

5 Likes

Do you remember over on the other forum a drink recipe that was being talked about…had Ale 8 One in it? If not, here’s a flashback…

I never tried it but always wanted to.

Look at me bringing up 4 year old posts. I may not need to start taking Focus Factor after all :slight_smile:

3 Likes