All things Bourbon (ok, whiskey and rum too)

Oh, I love rye drinks. So much so that a friend and I drank a fifth of Wild Turkey Rye in about 25 minutes. Then we spent the rest of the night making Aerospace parts lol.

3 Likes

4 Likes

For bourbon here are my go to’s:
Knob Creek Store Pick 120 Single Barrel (All are damn good.) (I have a 14 year and a 12 year that are just outstanding.)
Knob Creek Rye 100 proof
Knob Creek 9 100 proof
Wild Turkey 101 (Just a grreat staple whiskey, always in the cabinet.)
Buellit Bourbon for that extra Rye spice.
Buffalo Trace (Just a classic in its own right!)
(Those are all in my cabinet now.)

For Scotch these are my go to’s:
Ardbeg 10
Ardbeg An Oa
Ardbeg Wee Beastie
Ardbeg Blaack
Laphroaig 10
Laphroaig Madiera Cask
Laphroaig Quarter Cask
Tomatin Barrel cask
Monkey Shoulders
Auschetan American Oak
Auschetan Triple Wood

All of these are sublime with a cigar.

Beer here are my go to’s:
DuClaw Sweet Baby Java (Chocolate Peanut Butter Espresso Porter, yummmmm!!!)
DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus (Same with out the espresso.)
Troegs Java Head
Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing

Those are my go to grilling beers. Sierra Nevada, great with a fruit vape. The others pair well with cinnamon cereal vapes or a vanilla custard. Cigars are good with those as well, especially the porters.

4 Likes

Wassup man. Haven’t seen you in like FOREVER.

LordVapor here from ELR.

4 Likes

I know, it has been a bit. @Dan_the_Man said a bourbon thing was going down so jumped on over.

4 Likes

I have a couple of those lol. Nice collection. I had a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed that was about 15 years old when I drank the last of it. I was so sad when I polished it off. But I was pretty drunk at the time and decided it was time I guess.

3 Likes

Wine:
Raven Woods Zinfadel
Cigar Wine
Apothic Crush
Apothic Red

All good with Vanilla Custard or Cinnamon cereal vapes.

3 Likes

@WickedFog reminded me of WT Rare Breed a damn good one.

Also Woodenville. Finished that bottle in like 3 days.

2 Likes

Love RareBreed! Long Branch is good to. Decent collab between Eddie Russel and Matt.

Met Jimmy Russel, he knows his shit for how old he is. Great conversation!

2 Likes

Have you visited any of the distilleries? Wild Turkey will get you drunk after the tour. At least they did back then. That was the first place I tried their Rye. We went on a weekend, and they had no production going, so the tour was kinda limited.

Jack Daniels has a really cool tour, but fuckall, they are in a dry county :frowning: It’s ok, I don’t care for JD anyway lol.

2 Likes

Lol. You answered my question as I was asking. Yeah, he is a cool ass dude. Russels Reserve is one I have drank A LOT of lol.

2 Likes

I only like it in store picks. If it is not a store pick I do not care for it.

3 Likes

A couple more really good Bourbons:
Elijah Craig either regular or Barrel Proof. Hands down ver good.
Bulleit Bourbon Barrel Strength
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Woodford reserve Malt edition
Woodford Reserve
Makers Mark
Makers Mark 46
Makers Cask Strength

Just really solid choices.

3 Likes

Storing a 6 year old bottle of Makers Mark 46 right now. Good stuff.

2 Likes

@Skullblade789, figures you’d show up, and suck up my LAST like !!!
Welcome back brother…

4 Likes

The Kickin Chicken. It possess that rare quality of fucking you up before you’re able to truly assess it’s finer qualities. :slight_smile:

Hey Skull. So glad to be communicating with you again after the years-long hiatus. I hope you’re still as happy to be here as always.

3 Likes

The drink that claws its way down your throat hole. My buddy and I used to do shots and gobble when we took a good swig lol. It was stupid drinking humor, but funny. We used to keep turkey calls in our toolbox. When you heard it - time for a shot.

3 Likes

I thought that was primarily the attribute of The Dog of the Mad.

4 Likes

Always happy. Just been beat the hell out with all the BS at work.

5 Likes

So there is a brand of Bourbon out there that is doing very innovative stuff. They are called Bardstown Bourbon Company. Their Fusion series is the cheaper of the bunch they offer and is actually a very good bourbon. It is the only bourbon I can sip in the summertime neat. I hope you all find it and enjoy.

3 Likes