You don't know Nicotine, interview with Aaron Biebert

It is FB but you can watch it without an account.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting this @Jose, I for one find it encouraging that there are people who ā€œget itā€, and are going to some lengths to educate others that nicotine is not the cause of cancer and other diseases, it is the combustion of plant material, and the additives, that do that.
As an older person, it is also encouraging to me that researchers are finding benefits relating to Alzheimers et al to be found in nicotine itself.

5 Likes

Yeah, my aunt is very demented, she will tell her kids; ā€˜it is nice you came, do give my love to your mom and dad.ā€™
My father is alive and kicking again and she wants to go home to her mom.
The horror :scream:

3 Likes

All the more reason that the research must continue.
We need help for those affected.

4 Likes

Schizophrenics are known to smoke a lot more, nicotine might actually help them

4 Likes

Yep, itā€™s quite a useful substance which is why there is now a War on Nicotine.
Thereā€™s a shitload of money to be made from all them diseases that they canā€™t cure.
The pill business is huge, you canā€™t have something simple like nicotine spoil all that nice profit.
We are governed by greed, thatā€™s why weā€™re going down the drain.

6 Likes

You know somethingā€¦ if the dangers of tobacco smoking were known in the 1780ā€™s, I promise you George Washington would have banned it. Even though it was a big money making crop for the new country, the Founding Fathers truly cared about this nation and itsā€™ people, and would have acted responsibly. I know this is way of a stretch, but it is a true shame that there was a time, hundreds of years ago, that the government actually cared. I am fairly confident your government would have acted appropriately a few hundred years ago too. It is a shame to see public health, safety, and well being constantly trampled on by the greed of those who are in power. Everywhereā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m saddened and no longer surprised by these ridiculous drug commercials constantly being foisted upon me when I am trying to watch a show, or a race. 15 seconds are spent on the drugā€™s supposed benefits, and the remaining 90 seconds are spent on warnings and side-effects. And the actorsā€™ who portray individuals who have been set free by the latest wonder drug are complicit; I donā€™t care that they are simply ā€˜trying to make a living by actingā€™. One minute, rubbing a limb in pure agony watching rain pelt the window, sepia toned dreariness and the undeniable fog of death settling upon them, the next minute frolicking with grandchildren in a sunny field with rainbows and star-farting unicorns. Fuck that, and fuck Big Pharma.

This is another reason DVRā€™s exist.

5 Likes

I have my story, as so many do, about this. Too long and out of scope for this thread but you are so right.

Sadly (again with the sad), people are such sheep that many of them want it. My wifeā€™s shameful parents are on a multitude of pills daily. Some are intended to treat whatever fake illness they think they have, and the rest of the supporting cast of bottled wonders are there to offset side effects brought on by the pills they donā€™t need that treat a condition they donā€™t have. And they absolutely love it. Their church groups give them sympathy. You and I are paying for their full time disability (that they do not have). They get all sort of charity, sympathy, kid-glove treatment, and they are all too happy to be treated like children. We do not speak to them anymore. They are literally in poorer health than they were before they started pumping themselves full of all this magic bullshit.

Unfortunately, that is a pattern repeated time and again in this pathetic society.

5 Likes

BTW, you can back this documentary, he was asking people for a dollar, moreā€™s always welcome.
The more backers there are the wider this thing is gonna go.

3 Likes

Yeah, I got carried away too. I usually get a bit long-winded when I begin to rant against BP.

Go Aaron!!!

4 Likes

With the assistance of guberment, corporate entities have decimated the health care industry. Very soon all health care will be owned and controlled by the corporation. Insurance providers have simply become the third leg of the complex. The game is over.

4 Likes

Wasnā€™t this forum created so people could go off the rails a little bit? I have no problem with it :relaxed:

200w

But if you insist I could hand out some punishment :laughing:

2000w

5 Likes

You sure? I bet sheā€™s pretty good at it! Ohhh, yeah. I bet sheā€™s really good at it. Iā€™ve been a baaaaad boy, @Jose.

3 Likes

3 Likes

He likes it way too much. Sadism is no fun when youā€™re dealing with a masochist :sunglasses:

3 Likes

She has a point. Torture is only torture if the receiver is not enjoying it. Sort of like speeding isnā€™t speeding if you donā€™t get caught. If you take a paddle to someoneā€™s rear end and they smile and ask for more, youā€™re only torturing yourself at that point. Um, well, or so I hear.

3 Likes

Yessssss Mistress Joseā€¦ I mean uhm uhhhh great topic onā€¦ advocacy. Dang I would ask you to marry me, but I donā€™t have any more houses to give away. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Now THEREā€™S a bloke who likes to be punished!!!

3 Likes