Would you buy a 30mm Modfather RTA or a Steam Crave Plus?

I just built another LIPO mod, and it needs a big atty.

My first LIPO mod has a Steam Crave Plus and I like it a lot, but

Would you recommend I buy a 30mm Modfather RTA or another Steam Crave Plus ? And why ?
Or maybe a Modfather RDA ? It’s not going to be a EDC, but will sit at home and hopefully not get all banged up like my EDC mods.

Oh, and the goal is more for flavor than clouds.

Thanks !

1 Like

Great question. I have been interested in both and will interested to see what people say that own both.

2 Likes

Also, they’re both getting a little “old”. Are there any other 30mm RTAs or RDTAs (RDA??) that might be in the running ?

Oh, and suggested builds. In the Aromamizer Plus, I’m running a dual, SS, 4.5mm ID, 12 wrap, 26/36 clapton at 0.58 ohms and around 9volts – tasty and fluffy, but having a difficult time getting to higher ohms. I’ve read getting to around 1.1 or 1.2 ohms is “better” - ie: lower battery usage – so I was looking at the Modfather RTA (or RDA) with the serial deck.

1 Like

I have all three.

I would take the Plus over the Modfather UNLESS you need a series deck which is really handy for lipo mods etc.

My reasons

• I like the look of the plus over the modfather YMMV
  • The deck on the plus is a little easier to build and will fit slightly bigger coils
  • The A/F on the plus is a bit more configurable to suit different vaping styles
  • The modfather does get a little seep over time which i have never had with the plus
  • The modfather drip tip is a custom size so none of your 810 s will fit it
  • The fill holes on the modfather are pretty small whereas with the plus i can tip juice in from a 100ml bottle with no issue.
  • Plus is a little cheaper

Don’t get me wrong I love both of them it is just I love the plus a little more.

The modfather RDA is really hard to compare to other RDA - the A/F is smooth and really good perhaps a little less airy than the 30mm buddha but the series deck makes it a different beast.

If you want comparison pics between any of them lmk

7 Likes

I have been using a 30MM RDTA for about two years now, but neither of those. As I’m sure you know, it is the Hellvape Iron Maiden. It is quite a different beast from those two, but it has suited my needs for two years so I guess I like it… It has a 24mm building deck because it has a ceramic anti-spitback cap that reduces the workable area. 8.5 ML capacity, velocity style deck, ceramic base/spitback cap, massive airflow. There’s nothing I don’t like, except the fact that it is gone from the sales floor now.

Which leads me to the favor… Can anyone source it anywhere? I’ve tried as many places as I can think of, including eBay, and it is all gone. I would love a few spares.

It is this:

1 Like

How’s the flavor on the Modfather RDA in comparison to the Plus ?

I’ve researched the Modfathers but don’t have first hand experience with them. If the Plus had a serial deck, I’d be all over it !

2 Likes

I always liked the idea of a serial deck too. Makes TC builds with big coils a lot easier to math out.

2 Likes

They are pretty equal flavour wise to me.

3 Likes

Another steam crave plus with 20ml tank. It’s the perfect tank for high vg liquids. The modfather…damn thing leaked every bit of juice I had in the tank. I don’t like playing leaker games with tanks and that tank pissed me off. Never used it again. Steam crave aromizer plus is one hell of a tank and never leaks. Wicks change fast. Flavor is the best and I’ve sure tried a lot of tanks. I’ve got 5-6 20ml aromizer plus tanks. Best thing since self adhesive stamps.

4 Likes