Wotofo Recurve 80W Squonk Mod Review by José

This device was send to me by HealthCabin for review, which will not prevent me from giving my honest opinion.

Let me start with the specs for a change

Brand: Wotofo
Unit: 1 set
Dimensions: 60.5mm27.0mm90.0mm
Body Material: zinc alloy + special rubber coating
Battery Type: single 18650, 20650, 20700, 21700 battery (not included)
Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
Max Output Power: 80W
Bottle Capacity: 8ml
Max Charging Current: 2A
Resistance Range: 0.08-3.0ohm
Package: Gifts Box

Each set contain:
1pc Recurve Squonk Mod
1pc User Manual
1pc USB Charging Cable
2pcs Battery Adapters

This is another collaboration of Wotofo with Mike Vapes. He’s been busy lately :grin:

I was a bit hesitant to do this review since I don’t have a lot of experience with squonking but Maggie was sure I could do it so I hope I won’t disappoint her :sweat_smile:

I don’t like dripping and I was really excited when they came up with squonking.
Finally, I thought, I might be able to find a use for an RDA.
I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on it in case I didn’t like it so I went for the Kangertech 80W kit.

To cut a long story short, I used it for a little bit, then the fire button got stuck, the cotton happened to be a little dry at that time and flames started to shoot out of the RDA.

Fire

It’s been on a shelf ever since.

Anyway, on with the Recurve

The Recurve comes in 5 different colours

It is a Mech Mod with build-in safety features. People who know me will say, DUH, she’s too scared to touch a real Mech and they’re right. This thing would not be in my hands without these safety features.

It does mean it is a pretty basic device. No screen, no bells and whistles, just 5 clicks to turn it on or off and of course pressing the fire button for a vape.

Here’s the device disassembled

The battery indicators are in white and clearly visible

It has a spring-loaded 510 connection; 25mm will be the maximum size of an RDA without overhang. The Recurve logo is very nicely done too.

It is made of zinc alloy with a rubber finish. It feels very nice and with the curves it is extremely ergonomic.

You can press the fire button with your index finger and squonk with your ring finger and/or pinky, depending on the size of your hands, very smooth.
The fire button is also curved and nice and clicky, no sticking fire button with this one.

The bottle is made from Baby Feeder Silicone, holds 8ml and is very soft and easy to press.
Some juice will come out of the top when you put the cap back on but that’s all happening outside of the mod so just keep a bit of cloth handy to wipe it off.

Make sure you’re holding the solid top of the bottle when putting the lid on because the rest is so very squeezable that when you hold on to that you will have juice everywhere.

I understand there are going to be spare bottles on the market in different colours so you can go matchy, matchy if you like.

There’s a white LED light behind the bottle that lights up when you turn it on or off and will also warn you of certain issues.
It looks a little like a lantern shining through the bottle.

1. Short circuit: light flashes 5 times, then power cutoff automatically
    1. Low voltage: light flashes 10 times, then power cutoff automatically
    1. Auto cutoff protection: 10 seconds cutoff
    1. Overheating: light always on
    1. No atomizer detected: light flashes for 1 second
    1. Charging: light always on until fully charged.

There are two battery adapters, one for an 18650 battery and one for a 20650 battery.
The 20700 and 21700 fit without any aid or so it says and I have a bit of a beef with that statement.
I can’t speak for the 20700 because I don’t have them but the 21700’s are a problem.
It was a PITA getting that thing in.

Stuck2

So much so that I didn’t trust it once it was in and took it out to see if the sleeve came through all of that undamaged. It didn’t.

The bottom is fine but the top is not.

Now I’m no Einstein but I’m no Forrest Gump either

Forrest%20Gump

So if I have trouble getting this battery in, I won’t be the only one. I’m sure certain people will have a knack for getting it in without damaging the sleeve but this mod is going to be used by all and sundry and this shouldn’t happen.

They either have to make the slot a little bigger to properly fit the 21700 or take it of the board as an option.

Mike Vapes got it in and you can watch how he does that here, https://adary.org/2018/07/29/wotofo-recurve-squonk-mod-first-review-by-mike-vapes/ at 5.05, but I couldn’t replicate it.

This is the only gripe I have with this mod and it is easy to circumvent by using a different battery. And I sometimes press the bottle instead of the fire button but that’s my stupidity and has nothing to do with the Mod.

I really do love this mod; I even found a use for the Kangertech RDA because it looks pretty nice on top of it.

The only other RDA I have for squonking is the Wasp Nano, which doesn’t look as good on top of the Recurve but beats the Kangertech in the flavour department.

Bitchy agreed.

I’ve been using this with a lot of pleasure and I’m not sure if I have to thank Wotofo or curse them.
I was finally spending a lot less on vapegear and now because of this excellent device I find myself in dire need of some decent RDA’s.

I will at least have to get the Recurve RDA for a proper match.
Thanks Wotofo and Mike Vapes for another bloody Rabbit Hole.

RabbitHole

There is really not much more I can say. It’s an excellent device that has finally got me joining the ranks of the Mad Squonkers.

Mad

I can definitely recommend this for first time squonkers but I’m sure it will equally please the veterans in the squonking department. I would definitely buy another one of these if it stopped working.
I know it’s a disappointment for the folks that are waiting for a three-battery Squonk Mod but you can’t win them all and there is something to say for pocket friendliness.

I’ve been using this nonstop since I got it. My Paranormal is frowning in the corner wondering what happened.

ignore

I could go on about battery life but that is totally depended on the amount of juice you run through it. The 20650 battery lasts me about two days but I don’t vape as much as a lot of people I know.

This is a solid, good-looking device that performs really well and is really nice to the touch so all I can do is thank the lovely Maggie from @HealthCabin for sending me this wonderful Mod and turning me on to the Squonk Squat and of course thank you all for reading.

HealthCabin sells the Wotofo Recurve for $49,99 at the time of this review here

But…. Code JOSE15 will get you a 15% discount that brings it down to $42,50.

That's%20all%20Folks

7 Likes

Loved reading this! Made my morning. I have to admit, I am feeling sad for the Paranormal. Hopefully it doesn’t get pissed and poop in your shoe. What am I saying, that was Fat Freddie’s cat. I get a sense that there are folks that don’t know that dry cotton can ignite. Surprised me the first time it happened. I’m like, “oh my, this can’t be good” I’ve got a mini bunsen burner".

6 Likes

Very well done Jose!! Great read!!

3 Likes

Great review! If your happy with the flavor you get from that kanger rda you will be mind blown when you get a real rda lol I’ve got the same 80w kanger, luckily I haven’t had any problems with it other than it leaks occasionally and the rda sucked. Welcome to the squonk gang!!!

4 Likes

I get a sense that there are folks who don’t know who Fat Freddie’s cat is :laughing:
The Paranormal will get over it, the review is done so I can switch back but I really do like this thing.
Never thought I would after my initial squonk failure.

Thanks @Eddie, it was a lot of fun. I found out I kinda like this review thing. Another thing I didn’t think would ever happen.

6 Likes

Thanks man, yeah I don’t really like the Kangertech RDA, it just looked great on top with the black and white.
I hate the deck, you have to screw it out of the RDA and then you cannot put it on a coilmaster with that flat bottom.
I liked the Wasp a lot better.

3 Likes

One of my favorites from the day. I think they’re all bald with thin pony tails hanging out on college campuses now.

4 Likes

Awesome review @Jose . That mod is begging for the Wotofo Profile on it!

3 Likes

Don’t get me started :laughing: :money_mouth_face: and thank you.

4 Likes

Very nicely done ma’am! :grinning:

Looking forward to your next one!

4 Likes

Thanks dude, so am I actually, I like this review thing :wink:

3 Likes

Great review, great looking mod, cheers!! :smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Jose !

Do I need to repeat myself that this is a great review! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks @Grubby, it’s a nice device to have.

Of course you have to repeat yourself, I’m in dire need of some confidence. There’s no such thing as too many compliments :grinning:

Good to see you here too :+1:

4 Likes

You’re intelligent, beautiful, witty, charming, have awesome vape gear and write really great reviews!

5 Likes

Who would’ve thought, that’s not what they used to tell me :laughing:

3 Likes

Who is “they”? You have to quit listening to they and them. To hell with they and them! You are @Jose Vape Goddess Reviewer! They and them should grovel at your feet! :hugs:

4 Likes

It’s hard to shake your upbringing.
I’m good and keep getting better but every time I have to do something new I always think that I can’t do it… and then I just do it and usually I do it well :trumpet: :grin:

4 Likes

Having the courage to try something is very admirable. See? You also have the heart of a lioness!

4 Likes

i was brought up to keep my mouth shut and do what i’m told. plus i was the fat kid in the class, and kept to myself and my books.

Nowdays I speak in public to hundreds of people and have no stage fright, and I lead a team of 30-odd engineers.

You never know what you are capable of until you jump in head first

5 Likes