Worst Mod(s) you've ever purchased?

Mine would have to be the Suicide Mods

Not only did I spend almost 300 dollars to get it shipped to me (duties and all) they must’ve wired the mod wrong and didn’t check the QC because I was able to use the mod for about 1-2 boros of eliquid and the mod would just automatically go from 30 watts down to zero with no ability to change it…

I emailed them and all I got from the store I bought it from was to contact them directly (or evolve, can’t remember) and then no reply from the people selling the expensive paper weights. Looks cool though.

So, what’s the worst mod purchase you’ve ever made?

6 Likes

Aegis Legend, battery door recess where the locking tongue engages disintegrated, unfortunately it was bought as a gift and had been sitting in the box a couple of months before I had it gifted so warranty was out and I was left with a brand new paper weight…never bought an Aegis product since :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

The UWell Caliburn A2 disappoints with underwhelming flavor and short-lived pods, making it the worst vape I’ve ever bought. Not recommended.

5 Likes

My very first mod ever. A Joyetech Evic mini kit with an Ego one atty. Shitty atty was replaced with Nautilus Mini within a week. The mod started auto-firing at day 89 of their 90 day warranty. So it being a 24 hour delay between communication they had me bent over, no lube and not even a kiss before I gave up after 3 weeks. They had finally said send it back they’ll look at it, and I’d have to pay return shipping.

I took it outside and beat it with a sledgehammer. Never bought another JWEI product. The wife does have an OG Pico75, that still looks/works like new.

7 Likes

I’ll add another… The Reuleaux 2/3… I bought it and condensation (assuming) messed with the poor solder job, so I’d have to solder the positive lead to the sled once a week…

5 Likes

I paid £24.99 and still felt conned! Imagine on release this was comfortably over £100 and most stuff for it are extra purchases!

4 Likes

That was the mod that made me realize I didn’t want to keep on dishing out money for mods from that country, haven’t looked bad except for the odd pod system and that Abyss.

4 Likes

I didn’t buy it but was sent for review. CP Mechanical Squonking Kit from Advken ! A cheap looking, cheap feeling, poor performing heap of shit! Reviewed it for Vaporl, they never sent anything else!

6 Likes

Yeah, never heard of that company… Recently found out I can’t get squonk bottles here in Canada anymore so I have to order from Modmaker in the UK… Also my beater rebel vapes squonker shattered, dropped it on the deck and the door and body exploded and the screen went all black… Done buying 3d printed mods now, haha… I still have a Box Mod Mafia Rico, so pray that it doesn’t suffer the same fate as it’s an alumide print…

5 Likes

If you pay the postage I’ll send you a free squonk bottle. Nice super soft from Armageddon.

If you’re serious I’ll measure the dimensions

6 Likes

I bought a dual battery DNA 250C Rebel Mod and from day one it makes a heavy slow thud noise if I move it quickly like quickly lifting then tilting to take a vape. I initially thought it was battery movement but on investigating it does the same with no batteries installed. Works absolutely fine though!

4 Likes

it has to be the same spec as the Modmaker ones, because it was designed with a stem in it that is machined to receive the bottle and sit tight to the top, no tube, just a grommet where the stem sits inside. Thanks for the offer though, I think if they have some DNA screens I need one for my Steam engine anyways, might be cheaper than the Analog Box mods guy here…

3 Likes

lick such, the friction from the silicone seal at the top holds the bottle and when empty you just slide it down

it’s actually the cleanest squonk I have because those tubes can be fucking messy when you’re pulling them out

5 Likes

Overall probably yes, cheaper from the UK. My last tracked order from nomnomz using Royal Mail was 7.84 pounds ~$12 CDN. My last package for a BB RBA was $22 CDN to ship. That was around a 2 hour drive up North to Sudbury.

3 Likes

Because there aren’t any, or they’re not allowed to be sold? I know I need to drive and pickup some spare o-rings from vapes by enushi. It’s only 5 minutes out of my way when heading up North. $14 for 14 o-rings is already outrageous. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, well the plan was to get just the grommets because they’re food grade and can be picked up for pennies but I lost the threaded part of the bottle to the top of it… Tried other things but the seem to be custom

2 Likes