Which is the REAL Christmas Movie?

OK people, as you celebrate Christmas with your family, and friends, the time has come. Which IS the Christmas Movie ??

• A Christmas Story (1983)
  • Diehard (1988)
  • Home Alone (1990)
0 voters

2 Likes

None of the above for me sorry as I’m more of a traditionalist. This is THE Christmas film for my tastes.

3 Likes

Well, I could rant for hours on the topic -as most know my love of b-movies.

But, I am currently watching this while digesting dinner. It is the perfect mix of British oddity, loss, and heartbreak tempered with joy:

Each year it becomes more poignant as my father’s mind is failing.

3 Likes

There should have been an option to say all three! :crazy_face: I’m going to watch all three.

3 Likes

The only one I remember watching is die hard and don’t know why people consider it a Christmas movie

4 Likes

None of the above. Maybe something from the History channel discussing theories surrounding Christ’s birth could be close. As a child I enjoyed movies like Frosty the Snowman, old Ba Humbug and the Grinch. Today I’m more interested in cooking a pork loin and mashing potatoes.

7 Likes

Most holidays are pagan

2 Likes

Well, he was born in September. The Christians just appropriated the biggest Pagan piss-up. Like when the Nativity was created in order to match prophecy for a Jewish audience.

1 Like