Which is the best tank/RDA/RDTA for quickly changing flavours?

With me being such a lazy twat, half the time I want to test a mix/flavour etc, I delay it and delay it because I just can’t be bothered to strip a tank, dry burn the coils, rewick and rebuild, only to probably have to do it all again when whatever I’m testing turns out to taste like crap.

What would be the best tank setup to do this in the fastest and easiest (read: laziest) way possible?

I’m thinking maybe a mesh build? An RDA? I’ve never used an RDA yet so I’m not exactly sure on that.

What are your thoughts?

7 Likes

An RDA would be the easiest imo, pop the top cap off, whip out the old build, throw in a new one, simple

7 Likes

Sounds easier than the setups I currently have. I have the full SC aromamizer lineup now but I’ve not tried any in RDA yet. I think a dedicated RDA would be a better option so I’m not removing one of my SC’s from my rotation.

7 Likes

Yeah an RDA is just super simple, great flavour too

7 Likes

Hehe @Illogik welcome to MY WORLD !!!

6 Likes

@Illogik sometimes, LESS is MORE. Well, more EASY that is. Yes, simplistically RDA’s should be the fastest option.

As far as your SC’s, you got some pretty BIG ones, and those are miserable tor testing. Bigger tanks, bigger coils, more cotton, etc. Hell, even having super bedazzled coils can make it harder, especially if your cotton keeps getting snagged by the coils, etc.

You’ll have to decide if mesh gives you the best flavor, which should always BE the goal in a test setup. Flavor first, everything else doesn’t matter, even EASY sometimes.

6 Likes

I do remember how awesome the flavour was on the mesh build I did when when I first got my titan but since I started making my own coils I’ve not touched mesh.

6 Likes

I didn’t have an industrial strength dose of vapers tongue then either :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I thought you would never use an RDA?

7 Likes

My laziness is forcing me to!

5 Likes

I use a single coil RDA, I like the Bushido V3 just pop open the top cap to drip and between flavours just remove cotton, dry burn and new cotton in, simple!

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I’m hoping for. I’m too much of a perfectionist for doing this quickly. I’ll spend like an hour wrapping and installing a pair of coils because they have to be perfectly symmetrical etc. Then the cotton! Same shit. It takes me ages to do a rebuild on my steam craves because of this.

6 Likes

Plus SFT flavours in a tank that holds 20 gallons defeats the object really! :sunglasses:

Never got the titan I kinda thought here is an RDTA where my perfectly good e-liquid will probably expire before I finish the tank and the thought of filling and forgetting the juice flow control would give me nightmares!

8 Likes

I don’t close the JFC ring on my titan anymore when topping up, it’s fine unless you’re firing it in there with a fire hose or something lol. The only time I leave it closed is after installing new coils/wick and filling for the first time.
When I was using the titan exclusively, it would take me 2 - 3 days to empty the tank. Now I’ve got 4 on the go, it takes even longer. I usually end up rebuilding it again before it needs refilling! :rofl:

7 Likes

@Illogik the word is KISS keep it simple stupid ( no offence) I use a single coil RDA .20/.25 ohm two core Clapton easy to clean good flavour easy to wick quick.slap it in there and leave it alone for the next when ever keep dry burned and it will serve you for along time,test the taste with some juice you like and use this as a benchmark then you know where you are enjoy

6 Likes

Sounds advice there, thanks @LEED

5 Likes

For Coul RDAs, I literally pop the cap, rinse under a light stream of tepid water, mop up The water drenched cotton with cotton or a little toilet paper, put my new flavor in, and within 5 or 6 good pulls, Tge water is gone and tge new flavor takes over.

DO NOT touch Tge coil with anything at all. If you brush it with your hand or even more cotton, it will loosen The crud and taste awful.

Anymore, to clean, I just remove cotton, dry burn, and rinse under tepid water while Tge coils are red hot. Repeat 2 or 3 times, rewick and enjoy. I use to go crazy cleaning my coils. But now I only do that once every 4 or 5 cleanings. This method works really well.

6 Likes

Welcome to VC @VapedCrusader ! :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome to the VC Forums David, glad you made it! Make yourself at home!

Thanks for the tips, I’ll bare that in mind :slight_smile:

4 Likes