What scales do you all use for your DIY eliquid mixing?

Alpine strawberry too! Bastards!

5 Likes

Yeah, I just grabbed these when I sent the others back so I had something to use.

5 Likes

The drop counting, vs. measuring by weight, vs. measuring by volume arguments have been going on since the beginning of time. Your above references, were just a FEW of the reasons, I never mixed by “drops”. I routinely mix bigger mixes, large stones, and counting drops, was just not do-able.

6 Likes

Well, to do it RIGHT, with great results, THAT takes the learning.

6 Likes

I’ve not counted drops yet for a whole concentrate added to a mix but if the scales decide to not change in a while, which both sets I’ve had have done, I literally have no choice other than to count the drops I’ve put in after it stopped registering, so I know where I’m up to.

6 Likes

Drops, can work, but unless you’re really only mixing small amounts, AND, using the EXACT SAME BOTTLES, it can get messy VERY quick.

FLV’s stock bottles (15ml) have a fairly consistent 0.02g per drop (MOST times). You start buying from resellers, who all use different bottles, tips, you can get into trouble FAST. That’s the BEST thing about mixing by weight. Doesn’t matter what bottle, tip, flavor, doesn’t matter. Weight is weight. You phone rings, in the MIDDLE of a mix, NOT a problem with weight. Hang up the phone, look at the recipe, the weight already on the scale, and keep on, keeping on. Counting ?? “Where was I ?” LOL.

6 Likes

This is what I use, it registers EVERY LITTLE drop;

I also use the LB-501, but for larger mixes I drop all my concentrates / Nic FIRST on the 0.001 scale then move my bottle to the 501 for the VG /PG

6 Likes

Good idea. Expensive, but good :smiley:

5 Likes

No matter what scale you get, be GLAD you’re getting into mixing, after the whole “mixing by volume” fad was over. How about using SYRINGES for EVERYTHING !!!

6 Likes

That is what I was doing until a couple of months ago. What a mess that shit is. NEVER again.

6 Likes

Amazon UK sucks massive donkey ballz.

aws

5 Likes

Well, some people SWEAR by it.

I did a VERY brief stint with mixing by volume, but even as a novice, I knew that was a train wreck.

6 Likes

Indeed. Being lazy like me also really doesn’t help when it comes to washing out all the shit you’ve used for a mix. Just pull the plunger in and out a bunch of times onto some tissue, job done!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Not expensive for the 0.001 scale, in fact I recently ordered another one to send to another mixer, with coupon it was Cheap :ok_hand:

6 Likes

It’s gotta be 0.01g for me I’m afraid. I only mix for myself so usually it’s either a 250ml bottle of something I’ve made before, or 60ml tester bottles. Would rather have the extra decimal point for the accuracy.

6 Likes

That is cheap indeed. Hmm :thinking:

5 Likes

Not too bad tbh. Cheers @Rocky02852

6 Likes

Yeah that’s the one, but your not gonna do 250ml on it, just the flavors / Nic, then you have to move to a 0.01 scale. That’s what I do and couldn’t be happier :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yeah I got that bit :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes