What has the best draw?

Hi Folks,

Am new here and tried a few searches but could ot find the anything.

I started vaping a few months ago after over 30 years of smoking roll ups mainly for health concerns but also financial.

Just bought a Vuse and was OK, after a few months I realise that what I really miss is the ’ draw ’ . The flavour and lower nicotein is fine but I don’t like that I don’t have any resistance to breathing in the vapour, if that make sense :slight_smile:

If I had my old workshop I’d use the 3d printer to do a pod that a filter could be compressed in just to give it some resistance to breating in the vapour.

Don’t know if that makes sence, but miss the actual resistance when you breath in, not tried any other than the Vuse so maybe another offers the resistance.

All the best.
Richard

6 Likes

Hi @TRIKKY2 welcome to VC,

Hopefully there will be someone on the forum who has tried many disposables and/or basic pod systems including the Vuse so can offer a suggestion of something with a tighter draw although in theory after having a look online at Vuse products (practise is obviously much more important) they should be supplying that cigarette type draw but then many products fail to deliver what they claim and many pod devices are a false economy and disappoint!

If you can’t find what you need your better option might be to go the MTL RTA (rebuildable route) but that would need more research and an initial investment (but then is the cheapest way to vape unless you get hooked and become an hobbyist like the rest of us on here), you will find plenty of resource and advice on the forum if you decide to go the later route!

All the best,
Tim

6 Likes

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the response, think you are right,

All the best.
Richard

6 Likes

Tim, I know very little about these devices, but, would it be possible for @TRIKKY2 to restrict the existing airflow hole(s) to a point at which he achieve’s what he’s looking for? e.g: dab of super glue, or piece of tape?

5 Likes

I have no idea of the exact item he is using (vuse have different products) but yes if there is a visible airhole partly covering with a finger or using something to part block the airflow can be experimented with but it seems a bit extreme having to manipulate a device for the draw you are after when there should be plenty of options out there but certainly in the meantime that could be tried!

5 Likes

What adds to the problem here is knowing exactly what restriction you are actually after as you smoked roll ups! I smoked roll ups for about 25 years but use to roll them loosely rather than my brother who use to roll them so tight and thin it use to be an effort to get any draw!

5 Likes

Yeah, I made my own with a machine for a few years…it certainly wasn’t an exact science for me to duplicate 20 of them! Some burned for 15min. some for 5, lol.

Anyway, these things have a replaceable cartridge, right?

6 Likes

Yeah, and most of those type of pod systems have either a commercial cigarette type draw or plenty of them slightly looser but if @TRIKKY2 rolled his cigs tight then they just won’t give the restriction required unless as you suggested he either modifies them or uses a finger to block the airflow! I personally would go the RTA MTL route and research which go down to the tightest draw but that’s more of an initial outlay, mod, rta, batteries, charger etc and it’s not my money!

4 Likes

Never did use any machine but always rolled mine by hand, I went through periods when I used liquorice papers and my bacca of choice was Old Holborn!

5 Likes

@TRIKKY2 I still highly rate the old Aspire Nautilus 2 or the newer 2S which can go from an almost closed pinhole draw to a loose MTL and the 0.7ohm coil life is pretty good if you don’t use extremely sweet juices, mine sometimes lasted three months with a 50/50 Heisenberg e liquid and the flavour was very good. It works great with a small single battery mod and I never experienced any leaking problems.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, Will have a look.

4 Likes