What Has Made You Smile Today

6 Likes

Wonderful pix @SessionDrummer

When you have that empty nest like me, you’ll cherish those photos and videos. They’re worth more than most of your other possessions.

5 Likes

Mike Myers is a fucking legend!

5 Likes

Thanks out to Leah, and the Team over at Chefs, I’m going to get the opportunity to run Round II for you guys. Looking forward to these.

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve wondered how good these are…

2 Likes

Tell you what @Illogik, about a year ago, I had no clue what Chefs SC’s were about, but I soon learned, that they really have their act together …

2 Likes

4 Likes

Still can’t believe you can take zoom pics of the moon with a smart phone …

6 Likes

Thank God for the off duty Spec Ops …

2 Likes

Probably one of the BEST renditions of this I have ever heard …

Had to edit this, as only allowed to do 5 consecutive posts …

It was 96F here today, and hell, it’s only dropped down to 94F currently. That didn’t stop the Fluffy Bunny from getting herself some high quality H2O.

3 Likes

For at least 5 years now…probably longer…my fingers have grown soft and less nimble. I gave my last remaining guitar to my son who lives 2 hours away. So I haven’t seen or touched one in all this time. However, something stirred in me recently and I felt I needed that artistic outlet. I couldn’t ask my son to give my guitar back. So I took to Ebay and found one affordable and in “decent” shape. Few surface scratches but still solid and sound, and decent enough for my tired old hands anyway.

I picked it up a couple weeks back, and let me tell you that this was probably the best decision I’ve made in a long time. I guess I just forgot how much release one gets from letting their emotions out in the form of music.

This past week I’ve been working on The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin. It’s not complicated, but it has indeed tested my dexterity which I’ve found quite lacking. But yeah, it’s fun nonetheless - forcing my old fingers to reach across 4 lower frets and MAKE THAT SOUND.

Who knows. I might even reach down in that bag of tricks and pull out some of that old bluegrass that I cut my teeth on. Fortune favors the brave.

11 Likes

That’s great news @SthrnMixer !!!

5 Likes

Wishing my niece all the best

9 Likes

Made it to the final

6 Likes

Congrats @woftam, and Minna.

5 Likes

Had nothing whatsoever to do with me :smiley: hopefully she does well (with a heat time like that she should do pretty well I think) Kaylee McKeown is the current world record holder (57.45). Minna is the current Junior WR holder for the 50m backstoke

6 Likes

Minna missed out on a medal by 0.1 of a second coming in 4th

5 Likes

Damn!

4 Likes

Not to worry she has the 200mt backstroke heats today

3 Likes

Minna came second in her 200mt backstroke heat so she is into the final

6 Likes