What flavours build a good Pie Base?

I have some ideas for diffrent pie recipes.
Anyone can tell me, how to get a good pie base? What flavours to use?

6 Likes

I assume you are talking about a pastry base rather than a biscuit base so based on that i would suggest either

• FA Apple pie (the apple is very light almost not there) at arounf 1- 2% depending on how forward you want it. This would be best if you are doing a fruit based pie.
  • OOO Pie Crust if it is not a fruit pie also used at around 1-2%

Your may need to boost the flavours to a level you like I tend to mix fairly low. Good luck

8 Likes

FA Apple Pie i have in my stash. Make it sense to add a little WF Angle Cake? Because FA Apple Pie is more the crust, or?

5 Likes

Ya it is much more crust than apple - I have never tried adding angel cake to it I have in the past modified it with a tiny bit of fa cookie but it will obviously depend on what type of pie you are making and where you want the crust to sit in the mix

6 Likes

At first i want make a banana cream pie. I want the pie as a secondary flavour. Light in the background, but there. I will try it with FA Apple Pie and a little Angle Cake or Yellow Cake …

5 Likes

Wolfram, why OOO Pie Crust is not good for Fruity Pies?

3 Likes

Not that it isn’t good for a fruit type pie just my personal preference that I would use fa apple pie and utilise the slight apple notes. Where as if it was some other type of pie like chocolate cream or something similar I OOO would be my preference

3 Likes

So you want a good base for the crust.

There are lots of flavors I have used for a crust, as desserts were a real favorite of mine for awhile.

FA Cookie and a little INW Shisha Vanilla make for a decent base for a Nilla Cookie crust. TFA Acetyl Pyrazine helps here. In my family, you didn’t make a banana cream pie without Nilla’s. Although, I also like a regular dough crust with mine :wink:

For just a plain dough pie crust I used TFA Pie Crust with a little Capella Sugar Cookie. This is great with peach cobblers (oh my my), apple pies, cream pies, etc.

For a graham crust I often used Capella Graham Cracker with just a touch of FLV Rich Cinnamon. I often paired this with custards and cheesecakes.

4 Likes