What e-liquid are you mixing today?

One of my favorite commercial liquids b4 DIY was Kilo Dewberry Cream . I was reminded of it not too long ago by Mike Gordon . The honeydew is pushed fairly high compared to where I would usually use it , but at 3 and 4 pct it was not anywhere close to what Kilos was. If there was anything i would want is a thicker cream note , problem with that is it may take the Honeydew high notes away. B4 i make this public ill let it steep another week to see if the RF SMS helps the cream out …You can use you favorite blueberry if your lacking MF BB maybe FW at 2 to 3 pct …This reminds me so much of the Original Dewberry Cream

Whoa that was a long explanation

ELR | e-Liquid Recipes

Fiddys Dewberry Cream - e-liquid-recipes.com

0.40% Blueberry (MF) * 6.00% Honeydew (TPA) * 1.25% Strawberry Gummy Candy (SC) (WF) * 2.00% Strawberry Milkshake (SC) (Real Flavors) * 0.50% Sweet Cream (Cap) * 2.00% Vanilla Custard II (TPA) * Old School Liquid @Mike Gordon reminded me of this…

Needed about 3 days to sit b4 i was happy

6 Likes

um does that look Monstrously enormous

6 Likes

Thanks for the pointers, @anon96069639, well appreciated. :+1:
I’ve read a lot of posts, and links in this thread, all very helpful.
Thanks to all.
Problem is the pond, aka the Atlantic.
Product availability differs hugely across continents.
E-juice market is very strong in the UK.
After much searching, and several disappointments, have found a handful of quality UK producers which both my wife and I really like.
Multibuy deals result in £3ish, $3.75ish per 10ml.
Shortfill are high VG, and when I add extra nic shots to get to 6+mg, no real saving.
Mixing bottles, syringes, labels, nic shots, flavourings, PG and VG base, labels, scales possibly…all to save a £1, or $1.25 per 10ml.
That’s not taking into account the failures that end up being flushed.
Mmm, kinda talking myself out of self mixing.
Vape Club UK, next day delivery if ordered b4 16.00, when there’s not a pandemic, and a wide range of presteeped, quality, award winning E-juices.
I might take a punt, with half a dozen flavours, and see where I go…nothing much else to do for the coming weeks…

4 Likes

Very nice @mjag.

3 Likes

Thank you fine sir

2 Likes

So, I took the plunge last week and ordered a bunch of stuff to start home mixing.
Postie kindly turned up on Monday with two big jiffy bags and I was up and running.
Made my first 4 mixes, keeping it simple with just one flavour, but trialing different bottles and nic shots. Just 30ml of each.
It quickly became apparent how messy and fiddly volume mixing is, so I’m going to invest in a set of ELS-500 On Balance scales.
Steam Engine was very helpful, and looking forward to seeing what my first mixes turn out like, especially Vampire Vape’s Hazelnut Latte.
The one concentrate I haven’t yet used is JAC Vapour Menthol…was wondering how little I might add to a tobacco flavour to achieve a background menthol hint?
Still trying to find my ideal PG/VG ratio. Quite happy with most quality 50/50 juices, but found JAC’s 70PG American Blend a little harsh, although their 70PG Menthol Ice was fine, quite refreshing actually.
I guess 60/40 should be the next trial?
Not a cloud chaser, and find the VG based Nic shots glupy and difficult to extract the full 10ml from the bottles.
Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Captain_Grey firstly I assume Vampire Vape’s Hazelnut Latte is a one-shot?

You could use the calculator we have here instead of steam engine if you wanted to.

Who are JAC Vapour?

Sure that is not too difficult at all but I am not a tobacco vaper so some of the others here will have to help on that one.

The harshness is maybe due to nap time many tobacco flavours will need some time to rest this may settle down the TH. 70 pg will also give you a bit of throat hit if you want it smoother use more VG you may have to give it extra time to homogenise properly.

A little warm water on the outside of the bottle will get you those last few drops.

6 Likes

Vampire Vapes Hazelnut Latte is a 30ml concentrate. I used 5ml in a 30ml mix, with 15ml nic shot 18mg 70VG, and 10ml PG, for a 9mg 70PG/30VG mix.
Comfortable with the Steam Engine calculator, but am checking out the one on here.
JAC Vapour, my local supplier…

JAC’s American Blend and Menthol Ice are premixes, part of their Originals range, hence the high PG.

I’ll try the warm water tip, thanks. :+1:

3 Likes

Supporting your local is great but can be a massive pita to find working start % for what appears to be rebottles of unknown origin.

If you drop by

you can pick up what you need and find many recipes to start you down the road with known concentrates.

7 Likes

That’s a **GREAT ** recommendation woftam , I really like chefs. They have some flavors I can’t get in the states. They Also have some house mixes that are easy peasy for a quick mix, I usually throw in some “Tickle Me Pink “ when I order. I think the shipping is also Very reasonable too, even across the the Pond!

4 Likes

I’m at the very beginning of what I suspect will be a very long journey.
Every day will be a school day, and every tip is welcome.
Just wary of building a stash of flavours that I’m not in to.
Had a couple of coils burn out quickly last week and received a 5 pack replacement, FOC, from JAC Vapour within 24 hours.
Hence my support.
Their 10ml flavours are 1 shots for 50ml Picnic mixes, and recommended @15-20%.

3 Likes

Which is totally cool -their flavours are possibly rebottled and renamed and there will be no issue using them at all aside from finding their sweet spot for you - I would hesitate to use the recommended % right off the bat (unless it is designed as a one shot)

6 Likes

White passion crescendo

Ingredients %
Bavarian Cream (SC) - Wonder Flavours (SC) 0.80
Flapper Pie (SC) - Wonder Flavours (SC) 2.00
Mango - Flavorah 1.00
Marshmallow Vanilla - Flavorah 1.20
Passionfruit (SC) - Wonder Flavours (SC) 1.00
White Chocolate - Flavorah 0.60

Flavor total: 6.60%

5 Likes

That sounds nice :yum:

3 Likes

**Flavour concentrate ratios? **

So, trying to keep myself busy, and following good advice from VC members.

Reasonably happy with results from very first mixes. 4 x 30ml, 4 individual flavours, with varying nic levels & types.

One shot flavours @17% were a little on the strong side. Combining the slighter bitter tobacco with an overly sweet coffee produced an acceptable result.

Having read a number of DIY recipes I noticed individual ratios in low single figures, and combined flavourings below 10%.

I realise one shots and concentrates are different beasts, and taste is very subjective.

Just looking for a bit of guidance regarding ratios for basic 2 or 3 flavour recipes with my current limited stash.

Should I keep total flavours around 15%, say 10% of tobacco + 5% of coffee or menthol, or maybe 7.5% of each flavour?

I’d like to avoid a cupboard full of failed mixes…

I am, however, looking forward to trying out my new digi-scales… :blush:

https://www.ourweigh.co.uk/on-balance-pocket-scales/on-balance-mtt-100-mini-table-top-scale.html

5 Likes

Thanks, @anon96069639, you are always helpful.

Kinda feel like I’m tip-toeing into a minefield.

Pretty sure it’s gonna come down to trial and error, patience and subtlety.

Similar position regarding savings on cigarettes. Wife and I are saving £100/$125 a week!
Health saving is priceless.

Having said that, I’ve just lashed out $120 on 6 x Notebooks (48 x 10ml bottles) from Black Note, my fav NET.

FedEx update showed dispatch from Irvine, CA.
We live 15 mins from Irvine, Ayrshire!
Weird, eh?

I’ll check out @Jose, accept that I’ll have more failures than successes, and persevere.

Thanks again bud. :wink:

8 Likes

To a degree yes there will be a few failures along the road and for the most part as you start out it is a little trial and error. I am not a tobacco guy at all. I have only ever mixed with one tobacco (like) flavour and that is RY4 which is more of a dirty caramel than a true tobacco.

If you like NET then @Jose is exactly who you need to speak with she will most certainly be able to help you on the way to making your own.

8 Likes

True to an extent… But some are going to be flavor explosions that you are going to LOVE! :laughing:

Keep this in mind, and you’ll make the long haul.

There will be ups and downs. There’s simply no escaping it. BUT, one thing I would recommend is, mix a few different profiles during a session.

For example…
You’re going to have a natural predisposition towards your favorite type (be it fruits, bakery, dessert, tobacco, or whatever). But sooner or later, you WILL get burnt out (either by boredom of repetition, or physically: by vaper’s tongue -where the tongue just decides “I can’t handle any more of xyz”). When that happens, your saving grace is going to be one of the alternate mixes you did (IF you decide to heed this suggestion).
I had to learn this the hard way. chuckles

Sometimes it’s hard to remember little tips like these when you are so focused on working on a particular profile (or specific recipe). But when you do get burnt out, you are quite likely to find yourself scrambling for that something to vape if you haven’t planned ahead (to have something different on standby)!

Wishing you luck, and enjoy your journey!

6 Likes

Well that didn’t post the way I thought, must be doing it wrong.
Anyways I made the recipe public if you want to check it out, It was my first all FLV recipe and I really like working with Pound Cake FLV. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

It’s a fantastic flavor!

4 Likes