What e-liquid are you mixing today?

Seems like I have Shortbread Biscuit not the cookie, thought I might have just entered mine wrong but they are both on the VC flavour list. Too lazy to look for the actual bottle right now. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

They are different mate this is from the Sobucky site

I dont have either of them so I can’t speak to how different they are

5 Likes

Oh I will @lukeloop, just been super crazy busy lately, and just throwing it together now, seeing what’s what.

4 Likes

Thanks @woftam.

6 Likes

Thanks @woftam Cookie added to that never ending cart :crazy_face:

Do you have both @SessionDrummer

5 Likes

I only have the

Shortbread Cookie

@marsh8.

3 Likes

This week is Vanilla week! I’ve been using these since forever, but wanted to SFT them anyway. Picked up the 6% figure from Wayne for CAP French Vanilla, and just guessed for Holy Vanilla II, Vanilla Overload, and Shisha Vanilla.

7 Likes

@Timwis first attempt is decent, but as with another recipe I did with this apricot pairing you seem to be able to push the coconut hard. See how it develops…probably not the most common flavours in there :wink:

4 Likes

Will need to change it for myself simply because of the concentrates i have and don’t have! Will be using a Apple cider instead of pop and Chefs SC Peach and Apricot in tandem with FLV Apricot and finally using CCW Clotted cream fudge but getting the % right will be a challenge, :sunglasses: apart from that got the other concentrates so can keep the same! :+1:

6 Likes

The joys of DIY :smiley: build off an idea with what you have on hand
:tada:

I didn’t get many of the fruits when I got my first order of Chefs SC, I will add this to the next order. :+1:
Peaches haven’t really worked for me but maybe with apricot.

6 Likes

I’d like to hear your take on the different Vanillas above. to my tastes, the Holy Van II was bested by the Holy Resurrection, but I had SFTd at 5% on both, which may have been high, at the time, and I have needed to pick up Vanilla Overload since I first heard about it. Shisha Vanilla is nice as well, but my go to have been MF Dark Vanilla or Smooth Vanilla (FLV) since the Covid19 isolation began.

3 Likes

Hey Troy, Long time no see! Ok, you asked for it…so here is my unprofessional, inexperienced attempt at a rundown of the 4 Vanilla’s from up ^^ above!
Used my Goon 1.5 with a single, 2 core clapton at .43ohms & 50W. I did adjust temperature for each of them, and, as the pro’s do :wink:, a dry burn and fresh rayon in between. Two thing’s I learned quickly was that 1) an RTA would have been a wiser choice for these test’s because 2) it took MANY hit’s to become fully acquainted with each of the four tester’s, requiring MANY re-load’s :roll_eyes:

Shisha Vanilla-INW(Inawera) @2% and 440°F
Was initially tempted to mix again, maybe at 3%. For all the recipe’s I’ve seen where it’s used at 1%, or lower, I expected a more bold, ‘in your face’ shot of vanilla from it, especially at 2%! It’s very flavorful, but light if that makes sense. Being new to testing, and gradually beginning to understand the ‘place’ each concentrate hold’s in a recipe, I now see why Shisha Vanilla is used lower… being better as a vanilla enhancer more so than trying to push it into a main note.

Holy Vanilla 2-DIYFS(Do It Yourself Flavor Shack)@2% and 400°F
Ok, this one has more of a punch to it! This one could be re-mixed at 1%, and it also seemed to like being run cooler which brought out more nuance, for me. Nice thick, bold, and rich vanilla here. I’m sure that there are more word’s to describe it, but they would be found by a reviewer at a higher pay grade :crazy_face: I did look through @SessionDrummer 's Base Camp and found that he has tested the original Holy Vanilla, and at a much higher percentage to boot! I can corroborate the ‘wintergreen’ effect, which is also in V2, both on a finger test, and intermittently throughout testing.

A BIG shoutout to all of you who do review’s…I had NO idea :astonished: what I was getting into when starting this! Hour’s have gone by, and I’m only half way done! Holy Shiite! Ok, forward’s ever, backward’s never :wink:

Vanilla Overload-GRM (Gremlin)@2% and 400ºF*
Sweeter…this one’s sweeter, brighter, and a bit fuller than the Shisha. There’s more top end to it as well, and it last’s through the finish. More robust…yeah, that’s what I’d say sum’s this one up!

French Vanilla v1-CAP (Capella)@6% and 400ºF
I have gone through more of this than almost any other in my stash! Loaded with creamy, eggy, vanilla-nee-ness :flushed: :laughing: (Ok, so that’s NOT a word) For me, this one has it all…inherent sweetness, thick mouthfeel, and custard like qualities, all topped off with a rich vanilla flavor that last’s throughout.
If a Custard SWAT team :grin: :stuck_out_tongue: raided my house, and confiscated all of them, I could get by with my CAP French Vanilla!

So, @Tmease , there ya have it! I can guarantee your mileage will vary, but I gave it my all! Pheww…NOW I can go to bed(kidding), but I did dream about how much longer this would take, lol.

Ohhh…all of these were tested right after homogenization, and all settled, subsequently, for the better. These note’s reflect my experience after an additional 5 day’s time.

12 Likes

Really great review, @whthek! Well done, sir!
Im tempted to jump down the rabbithole myself, adding Madegasgar, Tahiti, and Smooth. Perhaps I would grab Vanilla Classic (VTA), and Vanilla Bean (Flv), Simply Vanilla (Cap). I started getting depressed when I looked over at nomnomz and Chefs… even more vanilla I dont have!!! aargh!
“Plain old vanilla” just dont exist.

Thank you for your work, and thank you for sharing it with us!

5 Likes

Crap!! I should have included that one…forgot I had it!

Are both now on my radar TY!
And, your welcome! It was a great learning exercise, Troy.

4 Likes

Nicely done @whthek.

3 Likes

Thank you for that, SD! :wink:

2 Likes

I was just thinking about. Butterscotch smores. …because I’m not big on chocolate. I like Love (VTA) I have a dark chocolate and hangsen Australian chocolate but I really don’t like chocolate those were given to me.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on this one, on and off again, for month’s. Sure would like your thought’s, either by just looking at it, or mixing and critiquing it. Most recently added Country Apple, and Blackberry-FW. Sometime’s it taste’s pretty good(think layer’s), other time’s there’s no separation between the fruit’s, and it seem’s to be over flavored, and a muddled mess. I’m limited on cake concentrate’s, so I added the Almond Cookie to the Sponge Cake to bend it and give it some texture, and nuttiness. Can this one be saved, or scrap it? What say you…

3 Likes
5 Likes

Not in my wheelhouse but personally I would drop the cap apple and one of the berries. I would also sub the biscuit for wf crumble. Might add some wf almond custard low as well.

5 Likes