What did you mix with your Homogenizer today?

So this can be a discussion about your homogenizer-powered recipe and how you enjoyed an enhanced ability to create because there was waaay less waiting to normally steep (no homogenizer?) Or just share your joy (and recipe) for an old favorite that awaited you the next morning …instead of this Christmas. [insert Gregorian chant here] Aaamen :sunglasses:

OK I’ll start. So I just received my GameChanger homogenizer and went to work on a list of target recipes. Many old favorites that were plagued with previously month-long steep times. I will list just one …which is so tasty this morning …and the definition of Old School. Maybe even a lost favorite of many folks. Actually I may be truly tasting this for the first time, because formerly …I was Steeping Handicapped, but NO LONGER.

I would mix a 120 that wouldn’t last 2 weeks …2-3 additional weeks short of when it was properly “ready”. Ahh the delicious harshness of complex creams and custards …good times [eyeroll]. Hey!? I also had two kids before I was old enough to drink hard liquor “…hard liquor? I barely kn…” ok I’ll stop.

Here’s the recipe, I think one of my first DIY attempts …and five years later I’m actually loving it. Hey? Is Traceinate someone anew here on VC? …I sense a signed non-compete for that one.

MILF's Milk by /u/traceinate

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.00
Cream Fresh (Panna Fresca) (FA) 1.00
Holy Vanilla (DIYFS) 1.00
Marshmallow (FA) 0.50
Peach (Flavorah) 0.20
Strawberry (Flavorah) 4.00
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 6.00

Flavor total: 13.7%

Oh and I substituted Vanilla Overload (Gremlin) …definitely room for some mixing magic there.

So post up any recent miracle recipes. I call this one a “Deep Cut” straight from Reddit 2015 …lost to time and my ADHD. And a special thanks to Steeping …for fucking off. Burned at the stake …of Stainlees steel and Delrin plastic. {more Gregorian chanting here} …and an uncomfortably overly-long almost inappropriate bro-hug to @anon96069639. Dan? You’re a LEGEND~! AaaaAAaaaahAaaAh aaaAhhhh :singing:

13 Likes

I have done two this morning that comprise of MF Dark Chocolate, one that I found to be a notoriously long wait. But not anymore!

This choc mint cream I’ve had in rotation since Easter, and I love that if I get distracted on the weekend I can always have some to take to work on Monday :tada:

A combo that I’ve been playing with for a while, again with the MF. Freshly mixed I can tell where the chocolate will sit. Now this is getting closer to what I want. Normally a good sign when I lick the GC clean :drooling_face:

7 Likes

@marsh8 the Medicine Flower DIY folks should know about that little revolution, eh? I was lucky enough to be gifted with a bottle of Sabra Choc Orange Mint liqueur, amazing and unforgettable.

Sounds like you’re on the brink of cracking that recipe. Try some mint in your Jaffa cuss …maybe cut by 50% what’s in your Choc Mint Cream 2.0. In the Sabra it was the finish …pepperminty …perhaps (looking at your recipe) Creme de Menthe + Peppermint. Man those both sound so good! Thanks.

4 Likes

Just split down a smaller bottle to try and I really like what it’s done. You were also right to say cut it in half, the peppermint is just right and really plays nicely off the chocolate and orange.

Thanks for the tip. :tada:

5 Likes

I had to spin up Horchata Vapata by @WickedFog with my GC. Since it has beat the Homogenize sit times for me already with the MF Dark Chocolate, MF Dark Vanilla, and the Flavorah Rich Cinnamon, and its wet and rainy outside, I needed something to go with the tamales I picked up yesterday in Durham. 10/10

3 Likes

Had peach stuck in my head all day. No idea why. Looked up a couple of flavor pairing sights and found raspberry. Only had TPA in both Peach and Raspberry so went with 6% Raspberry and 3% Peach. Tossed in .5% sweetener just cause. Mixed up 15ml and zapped it with a homogenizer Zip, Zam, Zowie, Poof!!! Ok, 5 minutes in the uc to de-gas. What a surprise. It’s good, really good! Stumbled on that one.

5 Likes

Alrigh… so I have 4 sorbothane feet for a Laser Disk Player, from back in my sales days in High end Audio and Video, and I put them under my cheap USC, to try to annoy the downstairs neighbors in my apartment building…Either I need a better USC or the Sorbothane is performing as advertized…25 minutes in USC on High and no luck degassing… :frowning:

3 Likes

Can’t help much. No idea how to judge the effects of the pads. I’m using a Vevor 1 liter unit with no dampening underneath.

3 Likes

The only other thing I can think of is glass. Juice in plastic (eieio plastics) do not do well. Glass supports the uc vibrations the best.

5 Likes

Brown 30ml Boston Round all glass. :frowning: need a new USC…

4 Likes

Mixed 25ml of my fave Custard and added 1% CDS(CAP) and 1 drop Rich Cinnamon(FLV). Test in morning.
Also threw together something to satisfy my Gingerbread hankering.Gingerbread(CAP) with Apple Pie(FA), Cheesecake GC(TFA) and Sugar Cookie(CAP)

6 Likes

My USC has hard rubber feet, but it’s also a Dental/professional 1 liter unit. I also would guess any dampening could cancel the intended vibration. Also soft materials seem way less affected by the ultrasonics …absorbing instead of conducting. I’m vaping some hour-old DaMomma’s Custard III. I’m sure it will get richer, but it’s not harsh in the least …like that old expected freshly mixed bite of a heavy Custard.

4 Likes

Thats exactly what I figured. its a cheap unit to begin, but Im not trying to throw big money at an unknown at Christmas time. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I looked around a bit for soborthane dampening across an extended frequency range and found nothing beyond 100hz. Obviously primarily made for low frequency dampening. UC frequencies vary from 15k to 400k. Most of what is heard from these units are subharmonics with the exception of the few that run under 20k. If I find time I’ll look some more.

4 Likes

That DOES make sense. since lower frequency vibrations would affect the optics in a CD/DVD etc… good catch @SmilingOgre! Thanks!

5 Likes