Warm and snowy

Yesterday at this time it was full sun and in the 60’s. Right now it is 27 and snowing, with a bit over an inch on the non-earth surfaces. 24 Little Hours…

5 Likes

Supposed to be 13°F tonight here…
High of 24°F tomorrow.

I’d hate to think what you’re gonna get stuck with!

2 Likes

Sunday it was sunny and cold here, since yesterday it is pissing down with rain and cold :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Joy.

2 Likes

While here in the UK it’s freezing! Apparently its going to be a really cold one this year.

3 Likes

The fires are back in Victoria with a couple of super hots days the warnings went out

Only here is Australia would you find this warning - my father in law snapped this one and sent it to me Baddaginnie is about 50 km away - made me smile

2 Likes

Thanks for the links I am going to source a few more of his papers cheers mate

1 Like

There are some pretty terrifying things happening here with the fires at the moment (I’m a glad they are a few hundred km away from me TBH).

All the firefighters in this video survived unharmed if you can believe it. When they call flashover it is when the air is actually on fire.

I am hoping it stays that way but it is getting uncomfortably close - still quite far distance but with the 47c day and high winds forecast for tomorrow that could change pretty quickly

Yup it is slowly marching this way the black area is the evacuation area.

(as a scale mansfield to mt buller is 45 km)

The high northerly wind and the forecast 46/47c tomorrow will make a lot of these fires join together.

There is a cool change due tomorrow will hopefully bring a little relief to the situation and give the fire fighters a little respite. I don’t think there is enough rain it it to help much but the wind change may blow the fires back on themselves or it could make them worse.

1 Like

The wind change and a little bit of rain has calmed it down for us but others have borne the brunt of it

The two smallish fires that they were worried about have grown considerably as you can see by comparing the map above and this map

I am just near Goughs Bay the fire near Mt Howitt is quite away off but as you can see from the growth of the other fires all it would take is a wind change again and stuff could go pair shaped. Pretty sure we will be fine but hey shit could happen.

1 Like

So can i tell my doctor now that maybe vaping is better than clean air?

5 Likes

Yep, we had the smoke blocking the sun on the South Island of New Zealand as well.

1 Like