Voopoo Argus P2 & G2 Pods Review

Thanks to Freya from Voopoo for sending me this product to review!

Check it out on their website: ARGUS G2-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life & ARGUS P2-VOOPOO VAPE Spark Your Life

Disclaimer: This review is my own thoughts and I am not associated with anyone at Voopoo, nor am I being paid to write this review.

In the box:

G2

• 1 x ARGUS G2 Device
  • 1 x Argus Top fill Cartridge 0.4 ohm (3ml x 1)
  • 1 x Argus Top fill Cartridge 0.7 ohm (3ml x 1)
  • 1 x Type-C Cable
  • 1 x Lanyard
  • 1 x User Manual

P2

• 1 x ARGUS P2 Device
  • 1 x Argus Top fill Cartridge 0.4 ohm (2ml x 1)
  • 1 x Argus Top fill Cartridge 0.7 ohm (2ml x 1)
  • 1 x Type-C Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
  • 1 x Lanyard

Specs:

G2

• Pod Capacity: 3.0 mL / 2.0 mL (TPD)
  • Pod Material: PCTG
  • Pod Resistance: 0.4 Ω / 0.7 Ω
  • Recommended E-liquid: Freebase/Nicotine (≤30 mg)
  • Device Material: Zinc Alloy + PC
  • Size: 12126.415.2 mm (Standard)
  • 11626.415.2 mm (TPD)
  • Output Power: 5-30 W
  • Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2 V
  • Resistance: 0.4-3.0 Ω
  • Battery Capacity: 1000 mAh Built-in Battery

P2

• Pod Capacity: 2.0 mL
  • Material: PCTG
  • Resistance: 0.4 Ω / 0.7 Ω
  • Recommended E-liquid: Freebase / Nicotine (≤30 mg)
  • Material: Zinc Alloy + PC
  • Size: 7848.517.5 mm
  • Output Power: 5-30 W
  • Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2 V
  • Resistance: 0.4-3.0 Ω
  • Battery Capacity: 1100 mAh Built-in Battery

Design

In terms of design both devices have a top tier look to them. They look fancy and could be a statement piece as well as something lowkey to carry around and vape. The P2 comes in this small box size and the G2 is more like your standard stick vape. I found myself grabbing the P2 a little more, but that’s because I’m always a sucker for that square kind of shape in vapes. Both the devices come with a screen with all the information you would need while using them. Both devices can easily stand up right. The G2 has a rubber on the bottom, so it doesn’t slip and fall. For the G2, the USB-C plug is placed on the side. The P2 has this plug placed on the bottom. Airflow control for both devices is on the side. The button for the G2 is also on the side, as where it is next to the pod, on top, for the P2. The P2 also has a cool transparent side, where on the back you can see all the chips inside of the device.

Pods

The G2 comes with a new pod that has an e-liquid capacity of 3 mL. Both pods have the new top fill mechanism from Voopoo, which is still a rubber plug instead of crack to fill. I personally found it a very convenient and especially clean way to refill the pods. I think what I appreciate the most in these pods is that Voopoo keeps making them fit with all the old and new pods in the Argus line. It’s something that not all brands do.

The P2 device comes with 2 mL pods, but since they are interchangeable, I have to say that I switched them around a lot in both devices these past few days.

The 0.4 ohm pods that I got with the device were definitely more for a RDL, and the 0.7 ohm pods could do a slight RDL, but definitely seemed to be for those that prefer a more MTL type of draw.

Performance

The P2 comes in with the biggest battery, boasting it’s 1100 mAh. The G2 is right behind it though, with 1000 mAh. Both devices have a wattage output maximum of 30 watts, which is more than enough for a pod this size. Voopoo promises their new coils have a longer lifespan of 90mL and an anti-leakage duration of at least 30 days. I have personally not spent long enough with these specific pods to confirm that, but I do believe it seeing as to how they are holding up at this moment. Nevertheless, based on first impressions, both devices show promising performance characteristics, delivering flavorful clouds and consistent draws.

The inclusion of safety features such as overcharge protection, short-circuit protection, and over-discharge protection enhances user confidence and peace of mind during extended vaping sessions. These safety mechanisms safeguard against potential hazards, ensuring a worry-free vaping experience.

Pros

• 3 mL pod capacity
  • Works with all Argus pods
  • A lot of new modes for these devices
  • Very good flavor
  • Adjustable airflow and wattage
  • Very good build quality and design
  • Fast-charging

Cons

• No vaping while charging (! sidenote: on the sale version you should be able to vape the device while charging !)
  • A lot of options might be overwhelming for new vapers

Verdict

Overall, the Voopoo Argus G2 and P2 impress with their sleek design, convenient features, and solid performance. With ample battery capacity, interchangeable pods, and compatibility with a range of coils, they offer versatility to suit various vaping preferences. While the P2’s smaller pod capacity and unique design elements may not be for everyone, the G2 stands out as a reliable and user-friendly option. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced vaper, these devices are worth considering for their combination of style, functionality, and performance.

5 Likes

Nice review.
Have you tried to have a vape when charging?
As both of the G2 and P2 that I have I can vape and charge them at the same time, and show me doing it in my reviews that you can.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for your reply! Someone on another forum told me as well they could vape it while charging! Did you also get samples or the resale version? I think it’s something to with my versions, since you’re the second who’s told me this! Might add a sidenote about it to my reviews. Thanks for adding this!!

3 Likes

I always get samples for review from Voopoo.

3 Likes