Vg/pg mix how to

Guys i’ve been vaping for more than 5 years buying my eliquid like everyone else, unflavored and free base!! I just arrived to Australia and it seems they don’t sell unflavored so they suggested that i buy and mix my own pg/vg which i never did!!! Can someone help me out and tell me how to do that? All i want to know is should i mix it 50/50 or can i ise pg alone and vg alone!! I don’t want sweet taste (it makes my stomach go crazy) and i don’t want it heavy hit (no idea if pg or vg does that)

Thx for any leads

5 Likes

Hey @Lodger6699 where are you in AU?

Not sure who told you that you cannot get unflavoured but it is available where you are going to run into issues is nicotine - you will need a dr’s precription and import it from New Zealand or another country.

There is a list of Dr’s on the athra website (there is a few more than is listed but not many)

4 Likes

I’m in melbourne at the moment!! And i already ordered pg 250ml and vg 250ml
And i’m looking for free base which means no nicotine at all!!! Can you just give me a hint how to mix them thx a lot

5 Likes

Sure if you are going for a 50/50 mix (generally for MTL or pod)
Work out how much you want to mix and add equal parts to a bottle and shake.

If you are doing it by weight VG weighs 1.26g per ml and PG weighs 1.01g per ml

So to make 100ml of 50/50 you would need
63g of VG
50.5g of PG
== 100ml of flavourless 50/50 eliquid
You could drop the decimal and make it an even 50g it wouldn’t make much difference

4 Likes

Perfect man thx a lotttt

5 Likes

Welcome to the VC forums @Lodger6699!

3 Likes

Wait what?? This is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard!
I take it you are free to smoke 10000 ciggies a day though without any prescription?

4 Likes

Of course, you can smoke 100000 ciggies a day the government is all for that so they can collect a little more than the 17 billion in tobacco excise that they collected last financial year.

Yes we are the only country in the world where you need a dr to prescribe liquid nicotine for you, as an aside pharmacies (drug store whatever you want to call it) are allowed to sell nicotine e-liquid (vape shops are not allowed), however, none do because the government wants them to get a tobacco license to do so.

The Australian Government is a cluster of fucktards.

4 Likes

Well, this is some fucked up shit. Which is perfectly summed up by your last sentence in that post Simon.

This is clearly a huge understatement.

This shit is beyond the ridiculous. I can barely wrap my head around it…

4 Likes

Welcome to the VC @Lodger6699, @woftam has you in good hands.

3 Likes

Thxx a bunch mate))

4 Likes

When I did smoke it really bugged me that although it didn’t really materialise there was plenty of talk that people will stop getting treated on the NHS if they were smokers due to the cost of smoking to the NHS! Then you would hear how many billions smoking cost the NHS only to find out revenue from tobacco tax was far greater so smokers subsidise the NHS!

4 Likes

Australia have been on the cusp of the ridiculous were vaping is concerned for years I’m sure @woftam knew something as retarded as this would be the outcome!

I used to post reviews on Aussievapors years ago (like sh*t, I get everywhere) and even then the rules were designed to make things difficult and were totally different in every state!

4 Likes

The tobacco excise in Au is crazy the 17 billion is generated from 2.5 million people who still smoke our government is more addicted to the $$ they get from smokers than smokers are to smoking.

The government has legislated a 12.5% increase in tobacco excise every year since 2008 meaning that in about 6 years a packet of 25 smokes will run you about $100 aud (£53) currently they about $53.

and for all the price increases the needle on the quit gauge has moved around .6 % in the last 4 years. New Zealand has recently embraced vaping saw a 3% drop in the smoking rate in just a little over 12 months.

5 Likes

:rofl:

Then you get South Africa where a pack of cigs is only about £2 yet they have a real issue with cheaper illegal smokes because they don’t even like paying that!

5 Likes

The black market smugglers are rife in Australia and are making a killing selling a pack of smokes for $25 - about $20 a pack profit not accounting for loss to customs and police raids which I think would take about 20 cents out of their profit since they are so shit at detecting a 40 ft container full of tobacco but they make me jump thru hoops to get a lt of concentrate into the country - i have to pretty much prove it has no nic in it.

5 Likes

Someone who PM’s me often on Ecigssa who is SA but as lived in Australia for 30 years, gives me a blow by blow account but sometimes wonder if he goes OTT in his worrying! He stocked up big time but won’t even vape in his garden, he thinks their could be spies and people ready on the end of a phone to “I cannot tell a lie but X is vaping”,!

He use to be prolific on Ecigssa but since the ban I get the occasional PM but he no longer posts anything in case he is being monitored, me thinks he’s watched too many dodgy films!

5 Likes

Just when I thought the world couldn’t possibly get any more fucked up, I read all this. I shouldn’t be surprised though tbh. All governments are just giant leeches on society.
To be so hard against vaping though and do nothing about actual smoking is just so ridiculous it’s laughable.
:man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Hi @Lodger6699 ! Welcome to VC :wave:

5 Likes