VC Vape Mail 2021

Birthday present’s to self finally finished arriving today! I enjoy building on(and the flavor from) the QP M25 Fatality so much that I bought a second one, in Matte Black this time. Trying the smaller capacity straight glass for now, but can see myself switching to the bubble…can almost watch the liquid level drop after a hit, compared to the larger tube.

The coil set is one of the 4 pair I purchased from www.ohmlandcoils.com These are the Ribbon Framed Staggerton’s in SS316L, and they couldn’t have been more easy to prep. No strumming, no tweaking…just locked them in and after several 15-20W pulse’s, they were firing evenly and ready to be fed! :grinning: Very happy with the craftsmanship as well!

And FINALLY, after a seemingly forever wait…my very first Geek Vape product(the new L200) arrived from Fasttech. I was surprised how compact this device is…being very close in dimension to the Lost Vape Centauras, but the contour of the body make’s it feel much smaller in the hand.

Really liking the look of it!

15 Likes

Those coils look pretty i would be in two minds after pulsing whether to vape with them or put them in a little display box, would suit the Rainbow L200 I received!

10 Likes

Great photos by the way! :sunglasses: :+1:

10 Likes

Thanks Tim! It was a dance getting the camera to stay focused on the mod with her in the background!

Capturing the coil’s at that level took a few try’s also.

9 Likes

Those coils should last you 3 months minimum, just the occasional dry burn before re-wicking and a toothbrush and they should come up as good as new the first few times! :+1:

10 Likes

I would’ve thought at least that long, Tim, until I read this answer to a FAQ on Ohmland’s site…

A quick, and easy method to clean coils: dry fire and dunk in cool water while glowing several times until clean. If done regularly you shouldn’t need to do much more than this, but if your past that, a fine bristled toothbrush or similar and water should do the trick (this is a bit more risky with our high gauge builds so be very gentle).

If properly taken care of our coils will have an extremely long life. We’ve heard of customers using a single set of our high gauge staples for several YEARS and still going strong. Customers usually order when they want to try something new rather than because of a failure/worn out coils.

Time will tell, right. And, of course, holding your prized mod upside down over water to submerge the coils, might not be for everyone! LOL

10 Likes

Been doing that for years and it does the job very well I have had the same coils in a couple of rta for over a year

11 Likes

That’s what I do. Toothbrush once cooled, followed by a few more quick glows as I have smelled bits of bristles in the coil.

I’m no metallurgist, but shocking the metal like that just never seemed right to me. I did do it that way in the beginning, into a small fluted bowl, and the crud does fall off, and you still gotta do a last dry burn to get the coil dry.

My oldest realtively small fused SS clapton (30x3/38) coil was put in July 5, 2020

10 Likes

Yeah, me neither…but if the guy that make’s the coil’s is offering this as a method, and our own @woftam use’s it, I’m sold until I ruin a pair by overheating them! I just tried it on these Clapton’s I made, that haven’t come out since new (June 6th), and were pretty well gunked up. It took 5 dips in the water, but I’m pleased with the result.
I hate to break up a ‘party’ when the flavor is still good, but when looking down in from the top with a light looks like hell, it’s time to do some cleaning! I should have taken a ‘before’ photo…

13 Likes

Those look great. :+1:

8 Likes

It’s the same method to prep mesh when using for wicking rather than the heating wire only difference you drench the mesh wick in VG and then torch it with a blow torch before plunging into cold water and repeat 3 or 4 times!

10 Likes

That red looks killer, saw the blue in person but behind a glass in a dark vape shop…thanks covid… wasn’t floating my boat like I had hoped but now the red is on my radar. Thanks Brian :+1:

8 Likes

Got my stainless steel Mod Shelf’s in from ultraledge.com this week and put them up 2day, it freed up alot of room below by moving my mods up…
They sell on eBay and have free / fast shipping.

12 Likes

I carefully clean my coils whilst glowing orange/red under the hot tap on an old beater mod that I have, the reason that I use hot water instead of cold is because I have read that it’s less likely to shock the coil and cause fractures in the metal or distortion of the coil. This method works very well and I’m still using my Wotofo/Coilology coils that are over a year old.

6 Likes

Good thinking @JimmyLee ! You’ve gotten my ‘wheels’ spinning…what if I were to start by rinsing the assembly with water, drying off, pull some some fresh cotton/rayon through the coil(s)…don’t tuck anything, and then soak the whole thing under the tap and fire the mod! This would create sizzling water both inside, and outside of coil surface’s without the coil’s getting hot enough to glow, leaving the potential to :point_down:

minimized. I think I will try this next time around. Thought’s?

5 Likes

Not sure how to incorporate these into mixes with my other concentrates as when i last used these about 5 years ago i used them as single flavours at 25%! Any input appreciated!

9 Likes

Maybe start out by picking 2 or 3 and mixing tester’s to check potency.

6 Likes

I’ve used a few of them in mixes. Vanilla Fudge, Clotted Cream and Digestive Biscuit.

The biscuit I have put with WF Shortbread Biscuit for a cheesecake base, work out well. Think it was at 2:1.

Clotted Cream I want to try with apricot and the Chefs Coconut Macaroons. Maybe this weekend.

5 Likes

Always love a guinea pig lol, i will wait for your findings! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Couldn’t resist the sales, I really needed these as a matter of fact. :rofl::rofl: Sure I believe myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes