Vaporesso Xros 4 Mini (Camo Silver) – A Stealth Vaper's Companion!

Hey everyone,

Continuing my journey with the Vaporesso Xros series, today I’m diving into the Xros 4 Mini, specifically in the sleek Camo Silver finish. Having extensively used the Xros 3 Mini, which I loved for its quiet and efficient performance, I was keen to see how the Xros 4 Mini stacks up, especially with its promise of enhanced stealth and convenience. So, let’s explore the details and see how it compares to its predecessor!

First Impressions: Unboxing the Xros 4 Mini

Design and Build

• Xros 4 Mini: The Camo Silver finish adds a unique touch, making the device look stealthy and rugged. It’s slightly longer than the Xros 3 Mini, especially when using the 3ml pod, but it maintains a compact and portable design. The camouflage pattern doesn’t necessarily make it blend in with surroundings, but it definitely gives it a stealthy vibe that appeals to my sense of covert vaping.
  • Xros 3 Mini: The design was more minimalist with solid colors, which I liked for its clean and sleek appearance. It was slightly shorter and very pocket-friendly.

LED Placement

• Xros 4 Mini: The LED indicator is now placed conveniently on the side, making it easier to cover with your thumb during stealth vaping. This is a subtle yet significant improvement for those moments when you don’t want to draw attention.
  • Xros 3 Mini: The LED was at the bottom, which was more exposed and harder to conceal when vaping discreetly.

Performance: How Do They Compare?

Battery Life and Charging

• Xros 4 Mini: Both devices have a 1000mAh battery, but the Xros 4 Mini charges faster thanks to an optimized Type-C charging system. You can get a full charge in just under 45 minutes, which is fantastic for those who are always on the go.
  • Xros 3 Mini: Also has a 1000mAh battery, providing a decent battery life for a day of moderate use. However, it took a bit longer to charge compared to the Xros 4 Mini.

Pod and Coil System

• Xros 4 Mini: Uses the same pods as the Xros 3 Mini, which are known for their reliability and flavor delivery. The pod fit has been improved slightly for a more secure connection, reducing the chances of leakage. I haven’t experienced any leaks yet, but I’m curious to see how it holds up over time.
  • Xros 3 Mini: The pods never leaked for me, though I did hear some users experienced minor leaks. The pod fit was good, but not as snug as with the Xros 4 Mini.

Airflow Control

• Xros 4 Mini: Introduces an adjustable airflow mechanism, allowing for a customized vaping experience. The more you open the airflow, the louder the vape becomes. When fully closed, it’s almost as quiet as the Xros 3 Mini.
  • Xros 3 Mini: Lacked adjustable airflow, offering a fixed draw that was comfortable but didn’t allow for much customization.

Flavor and Vapor Production

• Xros 4 Mini: Delivers a slightly more intense flavor and smoother vapor, thanks to the improved coil technology and airflow control. You can adjust the airflow for a tighter MTL (mouth-to-lung) draw or a looser DTL (direct-to-lung) draw, providing a versatile vaping experience.
  • Xros 3 Mini: While still delivering good flavor, it didn’t offer the same level of customization. The fixed airflow limited its versatility compared to the Xros 4 Mini.

Sound and Stealth Vaping

• Xros 4 Mini: The sound level varies with airflow adjustment. Fully open, it’s louder, but when the airflow is closed, it’s almost as quiet as the Xros 3 Mini, making it a great option for stealth vaping.
  • Xros 3 Mini: The clear winner in terms of sound. It’s very quiet, not completely silent, but quiet enough for discreet vaping in public spaces.

Usability: Day-to-Day Experience

Stealth Vaping

• Xros 4 Mini: The Camo Silver design doesn’t necessarily help it blend into the background, but it gives the device a stealthy, rugged feel that I enjoy. The LED placement and adjustable airflow also contribute to a more discreet vaping experience.
  • Xros 3 Mini: While it didn’t have the same stealthy appearance, its compact size and quiet operation made it a solid choice for discreet vaping.

Ease of Use

• Xros 4 Mini: The buttonless, draw-activated design is incredibly user-friendly. The improved pod fit and adjustable airflow make it easy to use and customize, reducing the chance of leaks and ensuring a smooth draw.
  • Xros 3 Mini: Also very easy to use with a buttonless design. However, the lack of airflow control meant less customization and flexibility.

Durability

• Xros 4 Mini: Feels robust and well-built, with a design that seems capable of handling daily wear and tear. The Camo Silver finish looks like it can withstand a few knocks without showing much damage.
  • Xros 3 Mini: Durable and solid, though the finish was more prone to showing scratches and wear over time.

Final Thoughts: Is the Xros 4 Mini Worth It?

If you’re already using a Xros 3 Mini and wondering whether to upgrade, here’s a quick comparison:

• Stealth Vaping: The Xros 4 Mini excels with its Camo Silver finish, improved LED placement, and adjustable airflow that can be quiet enough for stealthy situations.
  • Performance: The Xros 4 Mini offers slightly better flavor, faster charging, and more precise airflow control, making it a more versatile device.
  • Ease of Use: Both are easy to use, but the Xros 4 Mini’s improved pod fit and customization options give it an edge.

In conclusion, the Vaporesso Xros 4 Mini is a fantastic device that builds on the strengths of the Xros 3 Mini while adding valuable improvements. Whether you’re a stealth vaper or simply looking for a reliable, high-quality vape, the Xros 4 Mini is definitely worth considering.

Happy vaping!

7 Likes