Vanilla Overload (Gremlins)

I have this in my “not sure how to use” box at present because I purchase it on a whim. Has anyone used it, either alone or in mixes? I looked here and on that other place, but there are not many notes on it and a wide variety of SF percentages… Want to know if it’s a SF flavour or just an accent one. If SF, at what percent?

Any thoughts?

8 Likes

I’ve never actually heard of it, but apparently it’s actually quite old, I’ve just seen posts on Reddit from 5 or 6 years ago about it… :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

It doesn’t have much in the way of notes anywhere, but I did see it compared to the original holy vanilla. Wouldn’t know how to use that either though… :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Only one way to find out man :wink:

8 Likes

True @Steampugs, was just hoping for a starting point for it or some sort of guidance. Like, is it strong, weak, a SF, does it need a long steep or short? You know…

Once I try it, if I hate it I may just put it back in the box. But if I have not used it correctly, that would be a waste I reckon.

6 Likes

Why not start small… say .5% as a solo to see? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

5 Likes

@ianc13 I’m in the same boat. Going to be doing a Waaaaay Back test on some Liquid Barn flavors, and the percentages, are ALL over the place.

5 Likes

@ianc13 it’s def. not an ultra concentrate, and I would start at 3%.

6 Likes

Do you have a plain custard that you really like? If so, mix it with the Overload. Get that spreadsheet that was made for fiddling with recipes over at ELR. I’ve never used this flavor but start at 1% then add to it. I do remember reading that it was the bomb in it’s heyday and Holy Vanilla was its closest competitor. If you like vanilla, you’ll probably like it. I love HV but no other flavor gives me taste fatigue as quickly as vanilla does.

6 Likes

I could put it with some CAP VC1 and see how it goes.as I do like vanilla. Start low and work up. Would you think it was a long steep or not? I have some 2 month old VC1 I can add it to, or start a fresh one…

@SessionDrummer, would that be standalone or in a mix? You would think flavours that had been around so long would have some good info, but I found Hangsen to be similar in the lack of notes.

5 Likes

@ianc13 probably not a standalone UNLESS you were a Vanilla Fanatic. Def. a mixer, and agreed on the Custard pairing.

6 Likes

I use Vanilla Overload as a sub for Holy Vanilla in recipes that call for HV (at the same percentage)
I used VO at 1.5% in this;

7 Likes

Cool @Rocky02852 , gives me an idea how to use it.
I like your recipe, but only have 2 flavours, incl VO lol.

4 Likes

Wondering if my Holy Vanilla could be sub’d.

6 Likes

Roger that
At the same percentage :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Sure, go for it. I suggested plain custard so you’d get a better impression of the depth of the vanilla. If you’re very familiar with VC1 then you should be able to ascertain the VO effect.

4 Likes

Yes, I am very familiar with CAP Vanilla Custard V1 so should be able to pick out the difference. Cheers mate.

4 Likes

I remember Rich from Gremlin telling me that:
“Starting at 10% and going up from there. Most people enjoy them at around 12 to 15%.”

My husband loves it mixed in with Rich’s Hobglobin to make a creamy Dreamsicle type flavoring.

8 Likes

Thanks @ProudUODuck I will try that and see how it goes. :grin:

4 Likes