Vanilla Custard (SC) - Wonder Flavours

I have Vanilla Custard (SC) - Wonder Flavours but have not seen a lot of info on it.

Anyone got some ideas on how it compares to other vanilla custards and what a good starting point for SFT would be?

Bear in mind I use CAP Vanilla Custard V1 at 10% as an ADV for MTL at low wattage. So that would be my yardstick.

7 Likes

My notes I tend to use cap around 3-4 so you would have to adjust accordingly - I have not pushed it super high so I don’t know what would happen to it.

Vanilla Custard (SC) Wonder Flavours up to 2%
Medium sweet lovely buttery custard with a nice dark vanilla great mouth feel better than cap vc1

7 Likes

Thanks mate, might do a tester tomorrow since we are now in lockdown… will try at 1%,1.5% and 2% to see what happens. What sort of steep time are we looking at?

6 Likes

not super long like cap vc 1. 10 days if you are hand shaking

6 Likes

Yeah, hand shaking is the go mate. Don’t mix enough to warrant a GC here.

Just finished adding my flavour stash… only 86 flavours but phew, that took a while! Lol. Done now though :smile:

5 Likes

Man, I love custards but I stopped buying different custards quite some time ago. I guess, with all these
new companies I should start picking some up.

6 Likes

I have the basics but I like the CAP V1 so others are just to try. I use the TPA V1 in mixes and have the TPA II version but haven’t done anything with it yet.

4 Likes

My favorite is one part FA Custard Premium to two parts INW Custard.

8 Likes

Don’t have either of those. I just get what I can from my Aussie supplier.

4 Likes

Nice start! For future adds…what I do is use my packing slip (invoice) and add from there…

5 Likes

How does that custard at 10% taste in a pod system?

4 Likes

Not sure how it would taste in a pod at 10% @deb, but I have seen it mixed as high as 15% for single flavour which should definitely work. It does taste nicer at low wattage in mt MTL RTA’s, around 9 to 12 watts is good for me.

You could try a small test to see how it goes, I don’t use pods at all so can’t help here. :thinking::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Well, so far the Vanilla Custard (SC) - Wonder Flavours is not bowling me over. Had heard some say it was a rival to CAP V1, but not as a standalone for me.

It is not unpleasant, and is certainly a reasonable custardy flavour. Maybe not quite as dense and eggy as the CAP V1 but that is expected given the lack of nasties in it. It has a backnote I cannot define, not chemical but not something I have come across before. CAP V1 is my fav stand alone custard so I obviously compare to that. This would probably work better for me in a mix rather than single flavour. Still have quite a bit of my tester to go as I wanted to see how it went over time so will keep at it.

The mix I have tested is at 3% and has been progressively tested since mixed up on Nov 21st, 2020. It has changed over that period of time, I found it quite bland for the first couple of weeks but it has developed steadily since then.

Tested using a OG VandeVape Berserker RTA with 3.0mm ID, slightly spaced 28Ga SS316L round wire. 0.78 ohms, 420F/15W using an Aegis Solo mod.

2 Likes

After vaping for a whole day I am thinking it may be a coconut note. I am getting I would almost describe it like the after taste of desiccated coconut. It is also fairly dry after a while so that could be part of it too. Has anyone else done a SFT of this?

2 Likes

For me it is a little lower % wise than the 3% you tested at. I use it up to 2 % , my SF are always low I start at 1% for WF which is too high for a couple of them (milk for example). I don’t get any coconut back note, however it is not unusual for companies to add a slight coconut to boost the mouth feel and add to the creaminess so it’s presence at a higher % is not a surprise.

2 Likes

Thanks Simon, I mixed at 3% as that was the median used (on that other place) and I figured being low wattage/mtl the higher end may be better. Will make up some lower mixes with some of what is left from my tester.

2 Likes

Nope, the note is not from this at all. Turns out I mixed up what was in my atties and the coconut note is coming from INW Yes We Cheesecake, see below…

3 Likes

Yes I get coconut from most cheesecakes too. I don’t mind coconut but is a distraction when I am not wanting it. As for custards I am a FA Custard premium fan.

3 Likes

I am generally a CAP VC V1 fan but also don’t mind FW Cheesecake with a few creams.

2 Likes