Vanilla custard puff pastry

First I have to say I used 2 drops LorAnns Eggnog and 3 drops of Capella’s Vanilla custard V1 for the custard,birds custard powder lastly half tsp vanilla extract the real stuff not artificial. Secondly…if anyone checks out Pintrest for any recipie ideas make sure the one posting the recipie’s instructions are clear. I just got mad at a robot who doesn’t care because I am baking this recipie to taste it first before mixing , this is a cold thick vanilla custard between 2 slices of puff pastry dusted with powdered sugar …like a cake.

7 Likes

Screenshot_20210619-184949_Chrome

6 Likes

One of these?

6 Likes

Your man should have NO problem’s with you spending money on flavors if he get’s these kind of treats in return, @ladycrooks :yum:

5 Likes

Yes exactly. Ive never made these before and ive also never attempted to roll puff pastry out this is a new thing for me also.

5 Likes

Now, if you could find the Strawberry flavor that matches those bags of candy you eat, and add that…oh YUM

3 Likes

Cool mate, good luck. Let us see the finished item. You do know that these will NOT help with your decision to not be a “beach ball blowing in the wind”, they are very addictive and not exactly diet food… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :hugs:

5 Likes

My wife likes something very similar which i get from the pound bakery where nothing is a pound (bloody inflation!) Rather than custard between the puff pastry squares it’s thick cream and instead of icing sugar (powdered sugar) on top it’s a very sticky icing made by just adding water to icing sugar! Too many and heart surgery would be mandatory!

4 Likes

We have variations here too. I am particularly fond of French Vanilla ones, so I avoid them totally these days to avoid your observation above. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah the ones i am talking about are called vanilla slices! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Theyre not as pretty as I imagined but they are good

5 Likes

It’s not always about how it looks, so long as it tastes nice. Good job mate :smile:

5 Likes

Lol! Im just seeing this now, haha! No it will not help me one bit.

4 Likes