Vandy Vape Pulse AIO.5 Kit Review by Illogik

What’s up VC’ers? Hope everyone is well! Up for review today is the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO.5 Kit which was supplied for this review by Joyi From Sourcemore. Having had an original Pulse AIO for a couple of months prior to receiving this for review I was keen to get stuck in and see what improvements had been made over the original. As with all of my reviews, all images are clickable for higher resolution goodness.

Specs & Features:

• Size: 55.6x97.5x28.2mm
  • Power range: 5-80W
  • Wattage, temp control, voltage, bypass, and smart mode
  • Operating Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
  • Maximum output Current: 32A
  • Charging Input Voltage: 5±0.25V
  • Resistance: 0.05-3.0Ω
  • Charging Current: 1000mAh
  • Open circuit protection
  • Over-current protection
  • 10 Second Cut-off
  • Short circuit protection
  • Over-temperature protection
  • Low battery warning
  • Stock coil tank Capacity: 5ml / DIY RBA capacity 3.5ml
  • Updated frame, with metal interface for the 510 nut
  • New square button and matching panel
  • Included round button, matching inner panel and round button panel
  • Vessel DIY RBA tank with curved 180 degree airflow
  • 21700, 20700, and 18650 (w/adapter) compatible
  • All previous accessories and aftermarket accessories compatible
  • Adjustable positive pin
  • 6 Colours available

What’s in the Box?

• 1x Pulse AIO.5 Device
  • 1x Pulse Vessel RBA tank
  • 1x Pulse Vessel pre-built tank
  • 2x VVC Stock coils
  • 2x 24ga, Ni80, 0.4ohm Coils
  • 1x Coil lead guide
  • USB Type-C charging cable
  • Instruction manual
  • Spares bag
  • Wrench
  • 18650 Battery Adaptor
  • Bonus Round Button Set

Packaging & Contents:

The box is very strong and provides great protection for its contents. There is a clear window section on both the front and the back which allows a view of the AIO device inside from the front and a view of the new round button panels and buttons from the back.

Once opened you’ll find the contents neatly and securely laid out. The DIY tank comes inside the mod to save space:

The included new round button kit for this colour mod.

All the extras included.

The Vandy Vape Pulse AIO.5:

This is how it looks out of the box. Pre-installed is the new square button and matching panel & button set. The 18650 battery adapter also comes inside the mod to save space.

On the base there are the usual safety certificates and up top you can see the new improved locking nut metal plate to help prevent cracking the plastic from over-tightening which was a big issue from the original version.

Here you can see the airflow inlet on the front of the mod:

This is the DIY RBA that Vandy Vape calls the Vessel. You can see the white fill port grommet and also the black airflow control ring at the bottom, which needs to be unscrewed and removed when dry-burning your coils:

On the base there is a gold plated 510 pin. This tank can be screwed directly onto a mod for dry-burning coils without needing a separate 510 adapter like a lot of other bridges/RBA’s.

Simply unscrew the black AFC ring and the 510 pin is exposed to allow fitting to a mod or ohm reader.
Here is a view of the build deck and the inside of the chamber top. The 4 juice flow ports are clearly visible in each corner of the top section:

Here is the build deck of the DIY tank. You can see the curved airflow design which the coil sits snugly in the middle of. There are 4 terminals to accommodate coils wrapped in either direction or dual coils for those wanting to go down that route. These use flat-headed screws to secure the coil legs in place but there are hex screws included in the spares bag. On each end are recessed wicking channels which line up with the 4 juice flow holes in the top section to deliver the juice directly onto the top of the cotton.

Here is the the stock coil tank sat next to the drip tip in the first image and the pre-installed 0.3Ω stock coil in the second image. There is also a 0.6Ω stock coil included.

18650 Battery adapter:

The battery polarities are clearly marked inside the battery compartment as seen here. The positive sign on the left is not very clear in this image but that is due to the light.

Battery fitting:

The Build Part 1:

First up is stock coil tank build. Firstly pull out the coil and juice it up:

Fit back into the tank:

Push to fit:

Open fill grommet and fill it up:

Fitted back into the mod, replace the locking nut and tighten using the provided tool while being very careful not to over-tighten to avoid damaging the mod:

Replace the panels and the drip tip and it’s ready to go. The fitting of the drip tip is also much less tight than it was in the original mod which also helps to avoid the cracking issue:

The Build part 2:

Next up is the DIY RBA. I used one of the supplied 2.5mm ID, Ni80 0.4Ω coils. Clearly marked on the provided coil leg cutter is 6mm so that’s what length I cut the coil legs to:

Coil legs cut and put in place then screws tightened to secure the coil:

Coil adjusted for best position relative to the airflow inlets:

Once fitted the coil reads exactly as advertised. Dry burned coil:

Cotton fitted and trimmed to size:

Cotton placed into the juice wells then juiced up:

Nicely saturated wick then refitting the top section:

Fill her up and we’re good to go:

Usage:

Rather than spend ages typing out every combination of button presses and their function and making the review even more huge, here is the lazy method:

The Pulse AIO.5 is a very compact, light and convenient mod to use. If fits very well in the hand or a pocket due to its smaller size.
Battery life is very good when using a 21700 (I’ve not used any other size battery in it).
The stock coil tank worked well without any leaking and gave a pretty decent flavour for a stock coil. The DIY tank also works great and will satisfy a lot of users but there will also be a lot who prefer to use aftermarket bridges and tanks. The flavour from the DIY tank was much better than the stock coil tank obviously but is also much more work to set up. This newer version of the Pulse also comes with improved gaskets in the DIY tank which work much better than the previous ones and I’m yet to have any leaking issues. There are various stock coils available for this device:

One of the most popular features of the Pulse AIO is the amount of customization which can be done to it. Pretty much everything can be customized, from the panels and buttons down to the screws holding the mod together. There is a huge modding community out there who do all kinds of weird and wonderful modifications to their Pulse devices.

The Pulse vapes very nicely but of course this is all down to which tank you are using and the coil installed.
Also with this device being compatible with the majority of Billet Box boro tanks and bridges, the combinations which are possible are vast.
Overall this device is very well designed, priced very reasonably and deserves the huge popularity that it has gained.

Pro’s:

• Compact size
  • Improved gaskets = no leaks
  • Metal plate reinforced locking nut
  • Also available without the DIY boro tank
  • 21700 Battery compatibility
  • Billet Box boro tank compatible
  • Easy-to-use menu system
  • Highly customizable
  • Comes with both Stock coil tank and DIY boro tank
  • New square button included along with new panels and buttons for the round button which is also included

Cons:*

• Still using the same crappy drip tip but it does now sit flush with the mod
  • Panels obscure the screen and buttons when fitted, could be a con to some?
  • New fancy panels aren’t compatible with the new square button

Final thoughts and conclusion:

This is an excellent little mod which has grown on me a lot over this past couple of months. So much so that I now own 4 of them. 2 original and 2 new ones. All are set up very differently but they all perform very well with the Boro tanks and bridges I have fitted in them.
The DIY tank can be a little finicky to position the coil correctly for maximum flavour, a mm out either way can make a huge difference to the flavour but once mastered these can be so satisfying to use.
The Pulse AIO.5 also offers a great starting point for anybody looking to dip their toe into the Boro device world without breaking the bank.
I highly recommend this device for boro device veterans and novices alike, it’s really worth every penny for what you’re getting in the box.

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed my review of the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO.5 Kit.

Thanks go out once again to Joyi from Sourcemore who also provided a discount code for you guys to grab yourself a nice discount on one of these great little devices:
Use code: PAIO5K to grab yourself one of these beauties for only $39.99, a saving of $20 over the current price!

Bonus piccage with new panels:

11 Likes

Thorough, and well written, Andrew. Thank you!

5 Likes

Nicely done, and I"m GLAD they fixed the drip tip issue.

5 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer and @whthek
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice & through review! Sourcemore’s pricing with the discount code is fantastic! Thanks!

6 Likes

You’re welcome, thank you for the kind words. :blush:

6 Likes

Excellent review mate thank you. You’ve even got me thinking about getting one which I never thought I would .

6 Likes

Thanks @JimmyLee :slight_smile:

I was the same mate, now I have 4 pulses and 3 other boro devices.

6 Likes