Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA review by Mjag....The single coil RTA to beat?

Thank you @Lolly my dear and thanks pugs :+1:

Thank you @SessionDrummer, appreciate it bud!

@SmilingOgre, I bought an Ammit today at the ECC show, gonna give it a try next week

4 Likes

Tooooo cool! Iā€™m excited to hear the results between the two. To date the Ammits I own rule the roost for flavor but as mentioned above I do get ā€œwheepingā€. I have minimized that by not adjusting the juice flow control but I still get a little. Iā€™m hoping the Kylin mini will become ā€œkingā€.

5 Likes

@SmilingOgre I just coiled up the Ammit 25 single coil and the Kylin Miniā€¦whoa, the Ammit does have some serious flavor, maybe a tad more than the Kylin but it is sooo close. The Kylin has more airflow, had to close it up a little to match the Ammit. Will still do some comparisons as I am using them as a benchmark for the Ehpro Bachelor X I just got in for review.

You definitely have good tastes bud, the Ammit so far is a winner.

5 Likes

Glad you like it! Kindaā€¦ I really was hoping the Kylin would be better. Iā€™m thinkin the Kylin might not be a bad investment anyway. Thanks for the report!!!

5 Likes

There both really close, I prefer the airflow on the kylin but it is a little noisier. The kylin is also more capable of taking a larger coil as well.

3 Likes

Really! You think the Ammit 25 is comparable to the Kylin Mini Rta, be still my heart lol!

I must be placing the coil height in my Ammit 25 at the wrong level. Can you post a pic of your coil placement? Or tell me how high or low you have your coil? Thanks!

2 Likes

I watched Anthony Vapes review on the Ammit 25 for coil positioning & he had the coil as low as possible. And the flavor is much better now! Thanks for talking about this as I had shelved my Ammit. I dont remember whose advice I had taken before but my coil was higher up & the flavor just wasnā€™t there.

3 Likes

The kylin is a must then. Any atty that can produce that kind of flavor must come to Ogre!

5 Likes

The other thing I love about this RTA is that it doesnā€™t have juice control. Iā€™ll see it in about a week.

4 Likes

Wick it with as little cotton as you can without it flooding. Use almost a ā€œdammingā€ wicking with the tails dangling in the wicking channels and not touching the bottom while still blocking the top of the wicking channels and it will produce.

2 Likes

Thanks! I use rayon so I will contemplate what you said & try to utilise with rayon.

3 Likes

I used a triple core fused clappy with a 3.5mm post so it is big, same coil I already had in my kylin mini. Coil placement is high to give some clearance, if it was lower it would block a lot of the airflow.

I always tend to prefer a higher coil, getting the coil closer to your mouth give off more of a rda effect IMO.

3 Likes

With any luck my Kylin Mini will arrive in a day or 2. Darn USPS, vendor shipped with tracking & USPS has not confirmed receipt of package. :roll_eyes: The vendor is looking into it for me.

3 Likes

I will have to try that with a smaller diameter coil, this 3.5mm will choke off the airflow, I still really like this build though.

I wish the Ammit came with a bubble glass, already ran out of juice on it but the Kylin still has half a tank thanks to the bubble glass.

3 Likes

Thanks @mjag but in my case with a 3.5mm Clapton (forgot which kind) the flavor was muted. But by lowering it, the flavor has increased. Go figure

3 Likes

I wish every tank came with bubble glassā€¦

4 Likes

Me too, I didnā€™t like them at first, just looked funny. The extra capacity is worth it though

3 Likes

Tighter airflow hitting the coil like a jet rather than flooding in stops the flavour burning by helping it move quickly away from the source. - I think :thinking:

3 Likes

Iā€˜m sorryļ¼Œ I havent a clue as to what you just said怂 :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This being on multiple forums is making me nuts. Just got mine and got it wicked up. Holy Shooooot!!! F.L.A.V.O.R. !!! If you havenā€™tā€¦ get it!!! Spun up 6" of 2x28+32 and even with .51Ī© this beast is pushing out some fog. Dense fog with wonderful flavor. And no wheeping like the Ammit. WoW!

6 Likes