USA vaping afraid vaping is under attack in the states any thoughts on your country's views on vaping?

afraid vaping is under attack in the states any thoughts on your country’s views on vaping ?

6 Likes

Hey @Geislo3, Welcome to the VC forums.

I think vaping is under attack everywhere to one degree or another. The powers that be can’t bear the idea of losing all the profit they make from tobacco products or the profit they make from treating people with illnesses caused by smoking.

3 Likes

Here in the UK you can freely buy vapes pretty much everywhere, doesn’t seem to be any resistance

5 Likes

Here in Germany they can be bought in any vape shop or online. There will be a higher tax on eliquid/nic from July 1st 2022, but that’s it.

6 Likes

But those additional taxes will be astronomical or am i wrong? Flavors included? PG/VG?

3 Likes

It is a lot for anyone that doesn’t DIY. Any flavored eliquid will be taxed with 0.16€ per ml. And probably any flavorings, VG, PG, nic shots bought in vape shops. Luckily, VG and PG is sold elsewhere. Food flavorings from non-vape shops can‘t be taxed. And we still have the option to order from any European country without customs.
It‘s also an increasing tax over a period of 4 years: 0.16€, 0.20€, 0.26€ and 0.32€ per ml. It’s a lot, but not really more than smoking, that is, if you buy commercial eliquid. So in 4 years, a 10ml might cost 7.00-10.00 Euros including tax, which would be equivalent to the cost of „a pack a day“. My point though is that it’s regulated and now will be taxed like cigarettes, but it remains a viable option as a smoking cessation tool. It‘s not being outlawed like in some other countries worldwide.

4 Likes

Yeah their Stance is Ridiculous.
Ita ok to sell Ciggs n Alcohol at every Delie in the country that kill over 1 million people a yr combined .You can go to war and possibly die at 18 for your country but you cant vape on some Flavored steam with a lil nicotine? They shouldnt have this kinda say or power .This country is falling apart more by the day n their still worried about trivial BS cuz its about $$ and control as vaping is interfering with their Tobacco tax money thats been in declinie by the year with so many switching to vape thats its become obvious what causing these losses and they dont like it.If they can figure out a way to make a lil money off it too theyd have way less issues with it im sure :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m in tge states, as you know, and what’s hurting us the most is Tge constant barrage of lol informed or intentionally directed misinformation about Vaping in general. I call my politicians, and fight for it, most of them know nothing about Vaping, so the lobbyists are taking advantage of that and are feeding them a false narrative. American tobacco has been under attack for decades, most of their sales comes from Europe these days, but they have recently fought to make sure their own two disposable vape products that you can buy at gas stations, will be the only two allowed by law to be sold. They do t even attempt to hide what they are doing, but most American vapors will not involve themselves in fighting for it, and tge manufacturers are all segregated and do not work together to lobby our politicians. Tobacco has multiple organizations that fight for tge manufacturers, but the Vaping community here don’t have anything like that, and until They start working together, and organize an organization that works for tge betterment of both the manufacturers AND the consumers, as well as Tge medical benefits as opposed to smoking, we will simply continue to become legislated against. It’s pretty much that simple.

3 Likes

I watched Kratom go through the exact same thing here, however, some not-for-profit organizations focused on the medical attributes, the helpfulness, and of course the realities of the substance itself, has literally saved it from being legislated and outlawed. It was well on the path to being made illegal, but the politicians were presented with facts, medical advice, and lobbied against. There’s nobody doing that for vaping here in United States whatsoever. And to be honest with the various manufacturers over here, both large and small, they really should have a lobbyist organization and an organization set up to disperse proper information no matter where it needs to go. And we just don’t

4 Likes

L Almost every community here, whether it’s plastic making, tobacco, wind energy, skateboarding, or tennis products, they i’ll have their own respective organizations that serve as clearing houses for information, they help connect manufacturers together so they can find resources that the various manufacturers need to develop products from one another, they have lobbyists that will go in and speak on their behalf in Washington, and they help the end-user by providing solid information. Our vaping community here has none of that, it is very fragmented, and that is why it is truly suffering. It will continue to be legislated against, until our various manufactures get together and get an organization established, to help fight for them. I worked in one such organization that was there to serve the renewable energies industries. We were the ones that would go out in two different townships and do the surveys one a windfarm wants to be put up, when a manufacturer is looking for a particular product that they need to source for the product they wish to provide, we helped them find those resources. And when the public wanted information about what a windfarm is, what the pros or cons were, we provided that to them. It’s just the way it’s done here.

3 Likes

When, what should be the focus is all the fentinal coming into the US via the border that Pedo Pete won’t build the rest of the wall.

2 Likes

AMEN, David…Amen.

1 Like

20mg is the max nic strength we can get, I think a 1 Litre of that (around a quart) will be around 120 dollars if I recall correctly… A 30ml bottle here is around 40 dollars now if you were to buy.

2 Likes

Its ridiculous and their gonna keep regulatng and flav banning more states.The best way to fight it is to be as self reliant as possible with rebuildable atomizers and Diy eliquid.My state Ny was flav banned 3 yrs ago but doesnt effect me and the mail ban did iron itself out for online purchases but now with adult sig fees n taxes so i order my gear from china and finally in a position where i dont need to panic if something isnt here within a week.I try to always have another tank or coil or mod etc.
Id say nic in general is most at risk of being taxed beyond whats acceptable but for 120$ you can get a liter of 100mg freebase or Salt nic which is enough for a few years or at least until you figure out how to mix which is actually much easier than most realize.If a dumbazz like me can figure it out it must be pretty easy :joy: thats my beat advise and admittedly we in the US are spoiled caz we can get 100-250mg Nic unlike many countries

3 Likes

This should be the attitude for everything, because it’s not just vaping as a whole it’s the world and everyone’s way of life. Start growing your own vegetables, learn how to filtrate water, Hydroponics, make your own fertilizers, etc… Things are doable even with little garden space or even a balcony.

5 Likes

We need to adopt the attitude that our forefathers had during WWll and the 1950’s when everything was rationed so we were digging up our flowers to make way for planting vegetables. People were keeping chickens, some were even kept in kitchen drawers and cupboards, those that were lucky enough to have a large garden or bit of land had small holdings. We had to be as self sufficient as possible and make do and mend. Trouble is, these days many people are not as strong minded as they were back then and often common sense is lacking when it comes down to managing hard times. Lots of people don’t know how to cook the cheaper cuts of meat and offal or just turn their noses up and unless it goes ping in a microwave or take twenty minutes in the oven they are lost. I agree with you @JoelSq on what you are saying but I can see that some will just starve unless they toughen up and have a bit of “grit” about them.

2 Likes

Very true, Jimmy! So much societal change has been thrust upon us in just one generation! Rugged individualism has been replaced, for many, by a reliance on government.

3 Likes

Agreed @whthek and we don’t have the sense of community spirit that helped many out of a hole back in the old days, many people have become selfish and lazy and expects the world to owe them a living.

3 Likes