USA vaping afraid vaping is under attack in the states any thoughts on your country's views on vaping?

afraid vaping is under attack in the states any thoughts on your country’s views on vaping ?

4 Likes

Hey @Geislo3, Welcome to the VC forums.

I think vaping is under attack everywhere to one degree or another. The powers that be can’t bear the idea of losing all the profit they make from tobacco products or the profit they make from treating people with illnesses caused by smoking.

2 Likes

Here in the UK you can freely buy vapes pretty much everywhere, doesn’t seem to be any resistance

4 Likes

Here in Germany they can be bought in any vape shop or online. There will be a higher tax on eliquid/nic from July 1st 2022, but that’s it.

5 Likes

But those additional taxes will be astronomical or am i wrong? Flavors included? PG/VG?

2 Likes

It is a lot for anyone that doesn’t DIY. Any flavored eliquid will be taxed with 0.16€ per ml. And probably any flavorings, VG, PG, nic shots bought in vape shops. Luckily, VG and PG is sold elsewhere. Food flavorings from non-vape shops can‘t be taxed. And we still have the option to order from any European country without customs.
It‘s also an increasing tax over a period of 4 years: 0.16€, 0.20€, 0.26€ and 0.32€ per ml. It’s a lot, but not really more than smoking, that is, if you buy commercial eliquid. So in 4 years, a 10ml might cost 7.00-10.00 Euros including tax, which would be equivalent to the cost of „a pack a day“. My point though is that it’s regulated and now will be taxed like cigarettes, but it remains a viable option as a smoking cessation tool. It‘s not being outlawed like in some other countries worldwide.

2 Likes