US vaping company ordered to pull their products from shelves

Read the full news article here:

7 Likes

Didn’t they pull some dodgy shenanigans with their juice or something which made people sick?

4 Likes

There was some dodgy black market juice which were oil based rather than using PG/VG which caused sickness (a couple of reported deaths even) but that was nothing to do with any commercial e-liquid made by an authentic brand never mind Juul!

We are hobbyist making up a very small percentage of vapers, the biggest selling products are simple pod systems (and don’t come any simpler than Juul) and disposables and these products are also easily obtained by youths being both very obtainable and cheap! Juul are by far the biggest supplier of these products so taking them down is a major victory for the FDA in their war on vaping, nothing actually wrong with the products at all!

5 Likes

Ok, thanks for clearing that up! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Was that the illegal THC carts that did the rounds? Wasn’t it Vitamin E Acetate or something?

4 Likes

btw you can buy Juul here in the UK and they are fine, just like @Timwis said

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen them myself. I’m probably getting mixed up with some other company. Seen that many in the last month to last me a lifetime lol

5 Likes

Yes, dodgy characters trying to make a quick buck with no consideration to the heath of others! The FDA pretty much encouraged the false rumours that vaping in general was at fault because it was advantageous to do so to help their corrupt agenda!

5 Likes

Exactly, I remember that whole debacle, any excuse :rage:

5 Likes

Yep the ASDA display cabinets at customer services are primarily full of Juul products so I imagine it’s the same for most supermarkets and large stores that sell vaping products!

5 Likes

It is from what I can tell, I’ve also noticed a huge surge in disposables here in the UK, you can pretty much get them anywhere and loads of flavours to choose from

5 Likes

I think it’s the same everywhere with disposables. And once again they’re targeting the youth. Bright, colorful devices. Youths don’t want open systems, let alone box mods. High nic dispos for the „head rush“. And when they’re banned, Big Tobacco will have its next generation of nicotine addicts reaching for cigarettes.
Here in Europe, a lot of people still smoke. And cigarette manufacturers are quite aggressive by marketing to youths. Oh, advertisement is illegal, but what they do in Germany is they give away free mini packs of cigarettes (5 or 6 cigarettes) at bars, discos, events (legal age for that is 16 here).

4 Likes

@Illogik, some fools were adding vitamin e acetate to thicken up their watered down CBD.

https://www.inverse.com/article/59207-vitamin-e-acetate-thc-vapes

4 Likes

Juul Gets A Temporary Stay, Can Sell Products For Now

5 Likes

They are sold here in the UK just like other lesser known brands and they are perfectly fine… it’s madness

4 Likes

Ridiculous…the juul did “Start” the teen Vpe crisis n couldnt shake the tarnish with the Fda but at this point in the US disposeables are a way bigger issue if were still talking teens,at least the teens ive seen here. At least the juul you keep the lil mod part n toss only the cartridge compared to an entire non-biodegradeable disposeable that has same atrength salt nic and hundreds more flavors.FDA is oddly so hung up on flavors that they dont care if its 0mg or 50mg which is SO DAMN NUTTS!! Idk man their dropping the ball just by turning a blind eye to one but focusing on the other. Unless of coarse their planning on going after those nxt .If it “Really” was about Teens , one solution would be to lower disposeables to 20-25mg and many would likely quit or not care as much and if you want 50mg you’ll need an open pod system and a bottle of Ejuice where you actually have to learn a lil something about vaping like i did :laughing: Unpopular opinion i know n im sorry but im just tryna be rational since the Fda is being ridiculous.In all honesty i dont think this has much to do with teens anyway but its one more product taken down since ive been thru Flav bans(Ny) Mail bans etc its more about control and more regulations :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Exactly

4 Likes
4 Likes