US Shipping Ban - How is it affecting you?

So, we’re a good month+ into the US Shipping Ban on vape products. I’m curious how things are going. Did you acquire what you needed for a long stretch of limited availability? Have you re-discovered vape shops? What’s everyone’s take on all of it?

6 Likes

I am not stressing… zero nic helps :smiley: I will not go back to nic… so there is that :smiley:
I still have 6 4oz of nic salts 100% pg… in the deep freezer…

I still vape… but I am still doing the downward trend of vaping not as much as I used to, and I think I know now why… I stay busy… I dont really think on vaping, as I don’t crave anything. My flavors tho… I will admit, get better… they are more sharp and clear, and when I do get a chance to sit and post here… I am vaping like crazy :smiley: I average 2ml a day now… not bad… I still do not think I will stop vaping altogether…

New or otherwise vape shops… nopes… I have not been to a vape shop now in over 5 yrs… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I may be NON-typical, but I was heavy overstocked already, and picked up extra NIC, and am still getting flavors. I haven’t even looked at any mods or tanks. I did walk into a local shop or two to see how they were doing, but they didn’t seem to even know there was anything going on, so time will tell with that.

How’s it going to play out ?? How are “average” non-DIY’ers affected ?? Not sure yet.

5 Likes

Obviously I am not really affected by the US shipping ban here in Australia as yet. However in October we will be facing our own issues when our health department makes getting NIC a bit harder for the average vaper.

Personally, it won’t affect me as I have enough to last until I get off NIC altogether, but generally there is so much confusion and misinformation out there that the normal vaper may be in for a rude awakening in the near future.

Like your country, our political parties rely on the tobacco industry so are not willing to listen to anything that may take that gravyboat/fatted calf/money trough away. Ironic considering we are part of the Commonwealth which is basically run by England which is predominantly pro vape as a smoking cessation aid.

7 Likes

Hey @SthrnMixer ! I’m good to go, in every dep’t. for the foreseeable future. Visited 3 vape shops in Florida while down there a few weeks ago. Normal stocks of liquids on the shelves, and good selection’s of device’s/coils, too. Haven’t been to any shops in my home state(CT). I did contact Fasttech and they are still shipping here, to USA as of the 1st of May.

4 Likes

So far no issues, just have to dig a bit and find the companies that are shipping. Nic wise, im set and I have an in with a potential source. Really the only thing I’ve seen change is an increase in shipping costs for the signature required charge. no carrier has ever asked me for a signature so I think it’s just a ploy to increase revenue.

5 Likes

All good here but I haven’t bought any devices or attys for some time now. Obviously, I can still get “food” concentrates and “toaster” wire, lol, and of course pg and vg. I still get tons of emails for devices so things must still be shipping.

7 Likes

I have an order from Fasttech coming it arrived in the States 4 days ago and now I wonder how long it will take. I didn’t spend a lot just in case it doesn’t show.

I did go into a vape shop the other day and picked up a Caliburn G for $27 which I thought was pretty good for a brick and mortar. Like someone mentioned earlier, they didn’t even know about the no vape in the post-law. The “juice wall” is jam-packed full of commercial juice which is jam-packed with a butt-ton of sweetener. I bought one anyway. I asked the guy if he knew of any that weren’t so sweet and he showed me a brand that wasn’t as bad. So, I asked for one with freebase nic for the throat hit and he told me if I wanted a throat hit I needed to grab Salt Nic. I tried telling him that it was the other way around but he wouldn’t believe me. I told him that it was probably because he has never had freebase at 5% :woozy_face:

5 Likes

Dan, please keep us posted on the Fasttech order. I’ve got my eye on something there, but it would be nice to hear a shipping success story first! Not that I’m calling you a guinea pig or anything. :crazy_face: :+1:

6 Likes