Trying to get my hands on CCW Devon Cream

I believe that that is true. I refer to it as my ‘hard drive’ is filling up, so it takes longer to search through all the years of data to get to the response I want! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It is the same. I sent Nom Nomz a message and they confirmed that it is rebottled Cupcake World Devon Cream.

6 Likes

I ordered 6- 30ml bottles of the Nom Nomz Devon Cream. Hopefully that should last me a good long while. I’m gonna mix a 240ml bottle of one-shot once it arrives.

6 Likes

That’s an interesting recipe! I’d try it, too, if I had the Rum. Will put it in basket for next order.

3 Likes

It’s the Mixt one shot Yo-Ho-Ho from Chefs. The creator made it public after it was discontinued. It’s my absolute favorite.

5 Likes

I’m generally pretty good at math @McDuckie , but would you tell me how to break these percentage’s down into their usage rates to make a bottle of liquid.

4 Likes

Easy as 1,2,3 @whthek

once you put the amount in the box (3) it will show you the % for the oneshot
:grinning:

6 Likes

Hey Simon, Sometimes it’s the simle things that stump me…ok, so I want to make 100ml of finished liquid with the ingredients in @McDuckie 's screenshot up above. But, I’m NOT going to add 11.1% of Butter Rum-LA, right? I’m looking for the rate of usage, like this :arrow_down:

@woftam

4 Likes

nevermind

3 Likes

Here’s the percentages (1drop of Rich Cinnamon per 30ml).

6 Likes

Thanks @McDuckie and @Wayneo :wink:

5 Likes

Ah sorry mate I misunderstood what you were after .

4 Likes

@McDuckie’s is right, I’m gonna delete my post :+1:

3 Likes

Man I love the looks of that recipe! I wish the hell sweet rice wouldn’t lose flavor so quickly. Thanks for posting that! I think I’d like to try that one for a week. I’ll spin up a 50 and use it in my end game next week!
Taste may be subjective, but I like the Devon cream better than anything comparable. It’s like wagyu…mouthfeel and luxurious taste.

Edit: FECK me! I don’t own Butter Rum!

Prime will have it here Tuesday.

3 Likes

I just mixed it this afternoon, Troy. Had to order that one, Jamaican Rum, and Condensed Milk. On the knuckle it sure is a unique profile. GC’d it, but gonna let it set a day or two.

3 Likes

Its a really interesting mix for sure. I’ve never used Sweet Rice before, it almost steeps into a toasted rice cereal. Similar to the flavor I get from VTA Thai Sticky Rice.

4 Likes

I spun up a 30 ml to try @3mg. when the Butter Rum gets here, I just need to add .31g and do another round on the GC. @whthek My off the knuckle test was (hopefully) worthless without the “Keynote Speaker” being present.

@McDuckie I have the Thai Sticky Rice (unused), Puffed Rice, Rice Base, Rice Crunchies, and Rice Milk. Dont know why rice seems to fade as quickly as it does in a Rice pudding.

3 Likes

On my travels around the ELR recipe pages I have noticed in some people’s recipes that they use another rice to bolster the FE Rice and they say it helps stop the fading. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

3 Likes

much appreciated, @JimmyLee ! I may have to see about one of those pairings or a trinity.
Trinity

Good things (and bad things) happen in 3’s

4 Likes

You are welcome mate and I’d be interested to hear how you get on if you do come up with something. If I remember correctly it was the VTA Thai Sticky Rice that was used along with the FE but I don’t recall the ratio.

3 Likes