Time to change the coil?

I bought my first vape kit, an Innokin Endura T22 pro about two weeks ago.

I liked it so much, I bought a second one a week later. And today I bought a couple of spare tanks.

As a newby I would appreciate your help. I have not yet changed either of my coils. They seem to be functioning OK, but I have a feeling the flavours aren’t as sharp. How does one know when to change a coil? Is a week more than enough time to keep the same coil? I wouldn’t say I am a heavy vaper, but I am certainly not a light vaper either.

I have been vaping mostly fruit flavours. For this reason when I want to try another fruit flavour, I usually just top with the new liquid when the tank gets low. It means some of the original flavour comes through, but I don’t mind that. Eventually the old liquid will have gone, and I hate risking threads by unscrewing things repeatedly. Is there any problem with mixing liquids the way I do it? I know not to mix E liquid with Nic Salt.

How often should I recharge the battery? Should I wait until the charge is gone or just keep topping them up. I assume the latter.

Sorry for asking so many questions in one post, but I would really appreciate some advice.

6 Likes

Welcome to the VC @emilianoksa. While I’ve never used an Endura T22 pro, I know something about “fouled” coils LOL. If you are making your own, like I do, it’s cheap as hell, and you can replace whenever you feel like it. If, however, you are buying pre-mades, or built in’s (PODs), you will be spending quite a bit of money on them, so your wallet will have to decide when to replace. If the flavors aren’t as sharp or punchy, but still taste fine, and not burnt, you could probably roll for a while longer, but once you get into the burnt tastes, it’s probably time to replace.

5 Likes

Thanks very much for your help.

4 Likes

Welcome to vaping community, thanks for joining us @emilianoksa :smile:

This is the kit in question:

Looks like they use pre made coil units so you just need to change the coil when the flavour becomes muted or you get a burnt taste, otherwise you should be fine to vape on

6 Likes

Welcome to VC, @emilianoksa :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome to the madhouse @emilianoksa :hugs:
You’ve got your advice already. I have one tip, learn to make your own coils. It’ll save you a lot of money and when there will be the inevitable ban on the sale of coils, you’ll still be good.

4 Likes

You didn’t get this one answered. I think you should better assume the former.
It’s better to drain your batteries.
Unless anyone knows differently, I thought that was the correct way.
I’m sure I will be corrected if I’m wrong.

I looked it up. Apparently it doesn’t matter.

Then again I’m sure there will be plenty articles contradicting this one.

5 Likes

Many thanks to you all for your replies.

5 Likes

Been beaten to given excellent advice!

Whether it be an MP3 player, smart phone or any vaping device I have used in the past I have always found batteries have deteriorated much quicker if constantly topping up charge rather than discharging them fully first!

5 Likes

You are allowed to repeat it! That’s how I’ve learned the tables of multiplication. Repeat, repeat and repeat.
:laughing:

5 Likes

Too much repeating at school to do it as an adult:

200 lines “I will not flick balls of paper at Mr Swan when his back is turned”!

5 Likes

Fun fact, If you are using a dna system in TC you will start getting weak vapor production and “Temp protection” errors if the coil is too gummed up.

4 Likes