This needs to happen everywhere

The new takeback scheme will allow consumers to discard of vapes and single use e-cigarettes in bins at various locations around the UK including retail destinations, airports, NHS sites, universities, railway stations, distribution offices and offices.

8 Likes

You’re right @MisterSadister, save the freekin’ landfills from all this crap, and start collecting them !!!

4 Likes

Shared that @MisterSadister …

4 Likes

Some interesting reading. Seems like the UK really sees the value of vaping as a smoking alternative.

4 Likes

This tread is turning into my little soap box. I keep finding some really interesting articles on LinkedIn and I guess this is where I share the good ones.

2 Likes

This is excellent news and will leave no reason for disposable vapes not to be recycled properly unless people are just too bone idle and without an environmental conscious of course.

1 Like

They will still end up getting banned in the UK because whatever measures they bring in kids will still get hold of them which in itself will be enough reason for them to be banned and will make the recycling measures pointless because the disrespectful little brats just toss them when finished and to be honest in the North West where I live the adults are no better!

2 Likes

In my opinion, they should stop selling vapes and e-liquids in normal shops. It should only be sold in vape shops. Much like liquor shops where kids are not allowed and IDs get checked.

3 Likes

The worst one’s for selling to kids are these vape shops within a shop which openly sell to kids. I am not at all racist but facts are facts and I haven’t come across a single one of these that isn’t run by an Asian!

2 Likes

I think you should have to get a license to sell vapes (like alcohol) and if you get caught selling to kids, you lose the license or get a hefty fine or jail time.

2 Likes

That’s what it is here in Canada … but no jail. A fine to the clerk selling and the owner. But with my kids in high school I have been told shops will only sell after 5pm (when govt. workers day ends), and product is unboxed so they walk out with whatever in their pockets.

The government made sure to absolve the indigenous from the rules, ya know, cuz they use tobacco in ceremonies, etc. My wife saw a family of 4 in Ottawa (home of the Feds) outside her hotel smoking. Kids were pre-teen. All legal.

4 Likes

Cardboard vapes… Who knew…

3 Likes

For you guys in the UK, who wants to go to a fancy dinner?

https://www.ukvia.co.uk/forum2023/

3 Likes

Nothing we didn’t know already, but good to that this info is now available to the general public.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this one @MisterSadister.

3 Likes

@MisterSadister I shared/posted your video with link backs, and someone posted another video on another site relating to it. Credit out to @100_VG on ELR …

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer Thank you. I’m so glad you found value in these videos. I certainly did. It is great to see that there are people out there doing the work to prove that vaping is so much better than smoking.

3 Likes

Here is another great post from LinkedIn.

1 Like

A big shout out to NZ for setting the standard of how vaping should be handled.

2 Likes

Here is an interesting little titbit for you guys and gals out there:

I thought was informative, but did not provide a whole lot of information, so I looked for a longer article on the topic.

FMD - E-cigarettes help pregnant smokers quit without risks to pregnancy - Queen Mary University of London.

3 Likes