There goes Cali

Starting January 1, it will be illegal to sell most flavored tobacco products in California. Governor Gavin Newsom signed the flavored tobacco ban bill on Friday, which was largely developed by Senator Jerry Hill to “address an unprecedented surge in youth nicotine consumption.”

Under the new bill, retailers will not be criminally charged for selling flavored cigarettes or vaping cartridges, but could be fined up to $250 for doing so. The bill specifically targets sweet flavors, including fruit, chocolate, candy, and dessert, as well as more traditional flavors such as menthol and mint.

Loose-leaf tobacco and “premium cigars,” which are handmade with a tobacco leaf wrapper without a filter, tip or mouthpiece and cost at least $12, are not included in the ban.

8 Likes

:nauseated_face:

6 Likes

I was trying to share this when I was denied service to the UK earlier today. Don’t ask.

Thanks @SmokyBlue!!!

6 Likes

:cry:

I had issues early today trying to get here too… not sure what was up, but I know @Grubby is doing fixes and repairs… big hugs Grubby… thank you for your hard work.

7 Likes

California is a absolutely Beautiful State, but the politicians have made it hard for ordinary Americans to live there. I have a friend and his wife just moved from there and living in OBX beaches, they are so glad they did, but they still got to put up with our corrupted governor Cooper. Shutting down business’s , especially restaurant owners.

4 Likes

Was there ever any doubt? It’s what the two coasts do. If the U.S. was a person it would have an asshole on each end.

10 Likes

It would be nice if some college kids started a movement against this. Anyone have any kids going to college in California? That’s what college kids are kinda expected to do for credit in some classes right? :wink:

4 Likes

There goes nearly 40 million people… we’ll soon see that 15% of smokers rise and rise and rise, Was that 3% in vaping (in 2017) bothering them or… is it something else?
Amongst that 3% how many were young and how many adult vapers? I love when they blatantly show charts without any whatsoever foundation, take this one:

Are really those laws based on this?? Why do they show an “under 30” category, are those considered youngsters? Probably some of them might still be at school…

Not even the Census Bureau has an “Under 30” category:

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/CA

Don’t tell me that this hasn’t been done on purpose, it’s difficult to believe.It’s sooo stupid…

4 Likes

I expect to see an explosion of new DIY vapers. What’s sad is it will probably result in the closing of tons of Mom and Pop vape shops that rely on ejuice sales. Of course, that is probably the goal all along.

8 Likes

And then, when they have closed as many M&P’s as they are able to, they will get to work on the DIY scene, call me a cynic but… :frowning_face:

1 Like

I think it will be a very long time before they do the diy scene.
Flavorings are already under over 26 “abc” organizations and if one does not show up for a mix… the whole mix is canceled for the day. Everything else, the pg and vg… are under scrutiny, but they both have their own regs too… not much they can complain about, other than watching the nic tax come thru.

1 Like

I sincerely hope you are right about the timeframe re DIY SB. The worrying thing is, they only have to make Nik hard for us to get and that effectivelly puts the kibosh on DIY, Australia being a worrying example of this very fact :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

The nic tax here will take a 4oz eh will be generous… 15.00 bottle… and turn it into a 500.00 bottle.
This is what the USA faces… Not many will be able to afford it either… and yes, I have made it back down to zero nic. It’s not hard… it takes time. I bounce… but it’s alright.

Make sure you stock up… will ease the stress in your life. Best suggestion I can give you or any vaper. :slight_smile: This all sucks… but knowing what is happening is the key to taking action.

3 Likes