This is another one I was asked to write up, so here it goes.
All I can say about vaping in Israel at this moment is that Israel is still the wild west of vaping.
We currently have one single vaping regulation, which is the ban on Juul 50mg nic pods. Everything else is out for grabs.
Pretty much everyone (and their grandmothers) realized they can mix half decent e-juice, stick on a paper label on it with a few hand written notes, and sell it for huge $$
On the other hand, most of the vaping gear you can get locally is completely overpriced, but you can get pretty much anything if you are willing to dish out the $$ (and we jews are known as folks who don’t like to spend big $$ so most gear is ordered from china, which drives the prices further up in local stores, and so on…)
We also have a sort of a ‘vaping community’ around a few local stores, and we have a few facebook groups where I find myself participating once in a while.
Now let’s go back to the part about regulation. As mentioned there is none, but the media woke up recently, and they started to attack vaping and vapers, for no apparent reason (if we completely ignore the local tobacco industry that is mostly government owned) and I sincerely hope that they won’t start introducing additional regulation. As long as they focus on pod systems with tons of nicotine in the juice, i’m happy
As for the israeli vapers, we have a few typical stereotypes:
- The hipster vaper who has a bunch of tattoos, well groomed hair and beard, and vapes on a SX Mini G-Class and a 30mm Voltrove, and swears that there is no better setup than it anywhere in the world (untill he pulls out his Lost Vape Triad with yet another 30mm Voltrove and swears that this one is even better than the G-class)
- The average newbie vaper who loves his smok kit, is convinced that sun shines out of smok’s offices in shenzhen, and has to comment everywhere how his smok kit is the best in the world
- DiY vaper (I guess I fall into this group as well) who builds coils, makes their own e-juice and spends a lot of time in DiY forums and groups
- Average joe who quit smoking using a minifit (and preaches the gospel of minifit everywhere they can)
- Vapers who enjoy their vape and don’t bother visiting online time-wasters
So much from the top of my head. Feel free to ask anything!