The spear of life

Just a new design nothing inside it yet but it will be a pwm (with DNA250c layout) 4s lipo.

I will put progress pics up as I go. (still have a couple more bits of etching to do)

20 Likes

Added a few more bits (need to polish it again now lol)

15 Likes

Looks stunning @woftam :ok_hand:t2:
Question is where do you get the pwm board from?

9 Likes

Very nice Brother!!

Love the design and the symbolism. Spear of Life? Very interesting. A spear that usually brings death to one while bringing life to another.

A spearhead with roots and branches. The circle of life.
Question; The symbols on the spear, are they meant to show a face?
Would you mind telling me what your thought process is?

If I look at the spear like a face; What are the eyebrows.
Underneath those are two symbols that look very much the same but they are not.

Am I reading too much into it?

Anyway, I like it lots!

6 Likes

This one is going to be a pwm one board from Tony Killebrew (Snorting Boar)

7 Likes

It is a mash up of Norse Symbolism

Odin’s Spear - Gungnir ( Odin’s Spear ) a symbol of power & protection.
Yggdrasil - Tree of Life symbol represents personal development, uniqueness and individual beauty.
Fenrir (the wolf) - Fenrir is an excellent symbol for someone who has faced a lot of troubles and risen above them.

I just liked the combination of meaning

12 Likes

Hand polish or jewelers wheel on a bench machine?

8 Likes

Looking good mate

9 Likes

Simply stunning @woftam.

9 Likes

Light pressure on a jewellers wheel then a hand polish

8 Likes

Very nice, indeed! :star_struck:

7 Likes

I hate it and love it when OCD kicks in it would have bugged me forever so I had to hit it with some wet and dry and remove it. It took awhile but it worked out ok.

OOPS its crooked now you see it.

Now you don’t (unless you look really hard)

11 Likes

That would’ve triggered me too lol
Do you make the boxes yourself or are they pre drilled ?

7 Likes

These ones are pre cut which makes it so much easier

9 Likes

It is alive little bit of polishing to do and a general clean up

8 Likes

That is beautiful work Simon :star_struck:. Do you put a clear coat of anything over it once polished to keep it shiny or is it an ongoing maintenance for the owner?

7 Likes

I don’t clear coat them but they do stay pretty clean ish once they are polished up just a light run over with a sunshine cloth every so often to remove the finger prints - I tried clear coat in the past and it wears off and looks a bit shit. I may try clear coating again sometime when I find the right product.

8 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess the acid from skin would eat at the clear and it would end up cloudy and ratty looking. Nice job though mate, you are truly a talented craftsman.

8 Likes

mine

8 Likes

That’s it, I am moving to Australia! Simon, I will need your address and a general time frame when this is left unattended and within easy reach :grin:

8 Likes