The Raspberry Blues!

As someone who likes Raspberries it dismays me that any Red Raspberry I have tried even if that Raspberry just makes up a small component of the overall recipe gives a nasty taste like a sour burnt taste!

Does anyone else have this issue and maybe someone did but found a Raspberry concentrate that resolved it?

5 Likes

Try SSA Raspberry syrup it is pretty good with no off cough syrup notes that I can pick out.

I know you would have issues getting Medicine Flower but their Wild Raspberry is IMHO the best Raspberry out there.

I do like the pair of them together but as I mentioned the MF will be a hard task to get hold of at a reasonable price in the UK (it is very expensive direct from MF so I can only guess at the cost in the UK)

6 Likes

Yeah the MF are £21 for the smallest bottle which is way over my budget, any £20 I have spare needs to go on electric but will look out for the SSA Raspberry syrup and give it a try!

6 Likes

Brian sent a few samples to try and the MF are spot on but the likelihood of getting them on offer in the UK is practically zero!

5 Likes

I’ve yet to find a RRB that tastes as it should(maybe I’m RB blind). Can’t say sour/burnt, Tim, but most of those I’ve tried do have ‘off putting’ bitterness/sharpness at one level or another. Two exception’s: Rasperry-Purilum @3%, while not providing alot of punch, lacks the offending off notes, and Razzleberry-Flavor West. One other…Flavorahs Raspberry smells exactly like a RRB to me, but doesn’t translate into vape form.

5 Likes

Yes Bitter rather than sour much better description! To me it seems Raspberry just wasn’t meant for vaping!

5 Likes

Yeah got both the Raspberry and Red Raspberry by Flavorah and even tried the VT Raspberry Jam to hopefully not get that bitterness but none of them vape well!

5 Likes

I like the sound of Razzleberry!

5 Likes

Aside from the WRB-MF, the Razzleberry has remained my ‘go to’. Ohh, one more…it needs a bit of a steep, but Berryl-Flavour Art is not horrible.

5 Likes