(TFA) Acetyl pyrazine - Your thoughts please

As the title suggests, what are your thoughts / experiences with AP, what can I expect if I use it and what % works best for you?

Cheers

2 Likes

I stay pretty low max i have used is .5% but generally around the .25 . Good for bakery for a bready/nutty sort of accent. I have used with chocolate before but don’t anymore (i am still hooked on orig MC inw )

If you ever for some reason feel like corn chips in a vape use ap at around 1.5%

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve read that too but also seen some people say it enhances other flavours too.

:laughing: .25% or 1 drop per 15ml sounds good to me, cheers.

4 Likes

Ya it can be used with tobacco but i never have, or nuts like a pb , pecan etc. i really dont use it much at all some ppl use it whenever they add bakery note or nuts etc i really don’t find it that useful

3 Likes

Just a smidge helps popcorn too!

As for percentage, so far, I’ve never used it above 0.5% and it’s a required component of one of my ADVs. So I use it frequently.

4 Likes

AP adds a taste that is hard for me to describe… its almost more of a feel, like a dry feeling, but not dry. Hmm… that doesn’t make much sense. I don’t really get a bready/nutty taste from it, but it adds a layer that hits my tongue in a certain way can be missing in breads and nuts. If that makes any sense at all…
Oh, and I usually use it between .2-.5%.

5 Likes

Like others, I’ve tried to make it work with some chocolates, and for my palate, even in small quantities, haven’t have all the best luck.

3 Likes

I have about 3 or 4 mixes of other mixers that I use it in. One at 1.5%, but that is as high as I’ve seen in any mix. Works good for tobaccos and nut mixes. Some desserts.

I get a little nuttiness from it. Not sure about texture.

5 Likes

Care to share? I’m curious about that!

4 Likes

6 Likes

Yup that would make the corn more corny for sure

5 Likes

Not even sure who created that. Going,back to the adaptation it is now private.

4 Likes

Could it be this one that has move to a v3 now? Looks similar

6 Likes

Very possible.

My version is adapted and subbed. Finger tests was pretty good but I haven’t vaped it yet.

6 Likes

Sounds like possibly one of Beaufort’s.

3 Likes

Odor Type: popcorn
Odor Strength: very high ,
recommend smelling in a 0.10 % solution or less
popcorn nutty corn chip bread crust chocolate hazelnut coffee
Odor Description:
at 0.10 % in propylene glycol. popcorn nutty corn chip bread crust chocolate hazelnut coffee
Luebke, William tgsc, (1996)
musty roasted corn chip popcorn nutty potato
Odor Description:
Musty, roasted, corn chip, popcorn, nutty and potato-like
Mosciano, Gerard P&F 17, No. 1, 41, (1992)
roasted nutty bready yeasty popcorn corn chip
Taste Description:
at 10.00 ppm. Roasted, nutty, bready and yeasty, with popcorn and corn chip nuances
Mosciano, Gerard P&F 17, No. 1, 41, (1992)

From the good scents SDS page. I like to see what the references say . I’ve got it at .50 in my NutBuster mix and it’s in a couple other nut type juices WIPs
I’ll re-visit my SFT and see what it’s like.

6 Likes

Thanks for citing the references!
Extremely useful for those not familiar with them!
(IIRC I first found out about one of them from a post by DarthVapor a couple years back)

I’m familiar Perfumer & Flavorist…

But TGSC escapes me ATM.

(again, great share!)

2 Likes

The Good Scents Company I think

3 Likes

I seem to have lost edit ability @Grubby

@Sprkslfly
I was going to add

2-acetyl pyrazine, 22047-25-2

3 Likes

I just ordered the tpa kettle corn, definitely gonna give this recipe a try. :+1:

4 Likes